“Tea time”

Bookatable
Ranked #153 of 604 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Huddersfield. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Huddersfield’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely meal. Booked table online, seated as soon as we arrived, it was very busy and a queue but didn't take long to get our meal. Everything was hot and tasty. Staff lovely and very obliging.

Date of visit: September 2019
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Good afternoon Jackiemorris333,

Thank you for your excellent review and feedback from your recent visit to us! We are glad to hear that your food was hot and tasty and that the Team made your visit a very pleasant one.

Kind regards,

Ben
Assistant Manager

Write a reviewReviews (871)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been here many times and always enjoyed it. It appears recently they have had a new guy in charge. (young looking Rolf Harris in my opinion?) but food is still great if not better?

Recommend 100%

Good afternoon Grant,

Thank you for your great review, glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! 'Rolf's Management skills may be an improvement, however his Wobbleboard technique could use a lot of work!! Call in again and ask him for a demonstration!

Ben
Assistant Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Very busy ....queue long albeit went down quickly. Service lacked that personal touch.....felt concentrated more on the money sadly

Date of visit: August 2019
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi jacaranda22a

Im very sorry to read about your visit with us here at Toby Carvery Huddersfield recently, it disappoints me to read that the service wasnt upto our standards. I do hope you come back and visit us again soon so we can restore your faith in us.
If there is ever an issue with any part of your visit, please let a Duty Manager know and we will be happy to rectify the situation.

Kind Regards
Lisa

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

I've never left a restaurant feeling so dissapointed. Thank god we didn't travel far.

I booked a table as I expected it to be busy. Upon entering it appeared everyone was being shoved to one end of the building so it was quite rowdy where we were seated. The place looks like it could do with a good clean and it smelt a bit weird.

I had already decided I was going to order something off the menu and despite the same waitress walking past me numerous times, it took what felt like forever for them to come and take my order. Once this was finally sorted, so began the saga with the drinks. The Pepsi obviously needed sorting out in the machine as it was a really weird colour so I mentioned this to a waitress who 'sorted' it and then when I went to try again it was still exactly the same.

I waited ages for my main to come out to the point where I'd almost given up hope to then be told there was no pork pie, excellent, this further added to my miserable experience. When it eventually arrived, I'd have done a better job myself at home. What an absolute waste of money. The bread was stale and I think they gave me a whole lettuce just to make it look like a decent meal. My partner had a carvery and said the beef was fatty and the whole thing was tasteless.

I just wouldn't waste your time and dont see what the fascination is with this place. It was grotty and I wouldn't ever return.

Date of visit: September 2019
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Thank you, Kirsty for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you seem to have had such a poor experience on your visit, and thank you for the detailed feedback you have provided us. Please be sure to email us at huddersfield@tobycarvery.co.uk with direct contact details, so that hopefully I am able to arrange something for you to hopefully restore your faith in our business.

Regards,
Chris

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Great food, Visited on a sunday afternoon, very busy. But good value none the less.
Booking is recomended at busier times, for example, Sundays. I guess we got lucky, only had to wait 30 mins for a table for 4. But for larger groups, you should really book in advance.
Decor is starting to look a little dated, could do with modernising.
Didn't get to try their breakfast menu during the week.
Staff are super friendly and helpful. All ages welcome too.
And if you have to wait for a table, there is a bar available.

Date of visit: August 2019
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you RuR10 for this fantastic feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and found our team to be so friendly. We note your comments regarding our decor and am glad to say we are shortly due some light refurbishment in the autumn of this year. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards, Chris