“Great location, good parking and great value for money”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #131 of 574 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Huddersfield. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Huddersfield’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great location, good parking and great value for money”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I met a colleague for a busness meeting but having had a look at the carvery I will definitely be back to try it.

The service was great, the staff were great and more than happy to bring our drinks to the table which was great.

Easy to find and great parking. I will be back soon

• Visited April 2013

Worksop, United Kingdom
“good carvery”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

this toby carvery is well above average in service and food,
good size carpark,and i found the price of drinks good and
not like some pubs that charge £10 for 2 drinks that we
never go back to.

Visited April 2013
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We called in on impulse after delayed with hospital appointments and felt it was too late to start cooking when we got home.What a delightful experience it was.
When we arrived it did seem to be very busy, however we were met by a cheerful member of staff who after asking our requirements quickly led us to a table that fitted our requirements.Our drinks were speedily brought to us and were reasonably priced, we were then invited to chose our food. The choice was wide, with beef,pork, ham or turkey with Yorkshire Pudding, followed by a large variety of vegetables. Everything was well cooked and tasty. If I had to find fault,I would have preferred that the plates were warmer than they were, but I suppose that was down to health and safety!!At £5.99 a head it didn't stretch the pocket. Very Enjoyable.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester
“You will be disappointed - pay more and dine somewhere else! I do think the girl that served us was very busy and trying her bes”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My first visit to the Toby Carvery for a breakfast 'eat as much as you like.' First impressions we had to queue for five minutes which I didn't mind but something put me off the place as soon as I walked in - you know when you get a feeling its not going to be great? We were seated and the lady didn't tell us where we could get our tea, coffee or breakfast from, we had to ask! We went to get our food and there were only a few rashers of bacon left, sausages, potatoes and beans. We waited ten minutes for eggs, more bacon and hash browns! Suppose that's why its only 3.99 because you have to wait! My partner loves coffee only to find no coffee and the bread to be toasted was still frozen pathetic! I love my food but didn't get up for seconds.. I saw a hair on my partners sausage disgusting. Our table was wobbly then when we leaving I realised there was a placemat underneath the table hence the wobbling what the hell was it doing there? It was like one problem after another and a wase of money in my opinion. A bacon rasher I had was so salty it actually hurt my tongue and usually salty things don't bother me. Some of the other customers I found rude and looked like they hadn't made an effort to come and dine. Like rolled out of bed not had a wash look. One woman came in and I thought oh she must have been for a swim only to realise her hair was that greasy is was wet look. Not my cup of tea at all! I will not be returning. Yuck garbage!

1 Thank cheekychops2008
Huddersfield
“Best Carvery in Huddersfield”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been to a few places and had carvery and really nothing tops the Toby. At £5.95 for a whopping plate of food how can you go wrong.
The do a bottomless soft drink and dont care if you share it with the kids, lunch and tea is very busy and forget it on a weekend but weekday nights its a good tea.
Meats are always three to choose from and veg/yorkshire pud sauces and gravies, yummy yum! love it!

Visited March 2013