“not such a good nights rest !!”

Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights visiting family.. Helen was very friendly, we asked for a room on the canal side but sadly only got a view of a wall, the room was clean and well kept we had a family room 307, sadly i cannot say that i had a good nights rest as i woke up with severe aches n pains due to the firmness of the bed and the pillows being too soft, my daughter n husband also complained of the same thing, we awoke several times during the night, surprising as we have stayed at the hotel in west in the past which was different. Another downfall was the phone being in the corridor by the entrance making it hard if you needed something during the middle of the night. We were glad to sleep in our own beds at home.Location of hotel is great if you dont have a car.

Room Tip: if you want a canal view do not go for ground floor room 307, although it is quiet on this side of t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anysparechange
katiew531, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with aspects of your stay at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. I appreciate your feedback and If you would like to discuss the matter further then please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01484 544250.
Again we appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience

Reviewed April 10, 2012

The staff, room and location, excellent. a bit of a shame to say it, but if you're looking for a couple of drinks and something to eat, do not bother walking into town. we did, and we came back to the Premier Inn. The drinks by the canal in the sunshine and the evening meal were very good. Breakfast was exceptional for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. Kind regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay , as asingle female travelling on my own i felt welcome and safe.My room was clean ,modern and comfortable. ALL the staff the staff were very friendly The food was of a high standard I had evening meal and breakfast.I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank audi333

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed here whilst attending a function at the University. I had such an awful journey and just wanted to get into my room and get showered and settled.

I walked into reception and the young girl, I think her name was Helen? greeted me with such a lovely smile and had a bit of banter with me. As mentioned, I was keen to get to my room but was aware from staying at other Premier Inns that they have to go through everything, and She did this in a way that wasnt robotic and empathised with my knightmare journey. She really cheered me up and made sure I knew where to go for food and even suggested asking the restaurant if I could eat in my room and She brought it up to me later. Great service!

The person that was on the next morning was also great and extremeley helpful, really sorry I cant remember their name!

The rooms were spotless and fresh, food great, staff brilliant. I really will be telling everyone about this hotel.

Thank you huddersfield central!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Lanie R

Thank you very much for your kind comments and compliments. Myself and my team are delighted to here you enjoyed your visit to Huddersfield. Helen would like to thank you personally for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Huddersfield Central Premier Inn very soon, Kind Regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have travelled extensively in the UK and stayed in a variey of hotels - ranging from Bed and Breakfast to 5 star hotels. However, I can honestly say that staying at this Premier Inn was one of the best experiences I ever had in an English hotel. The service was top-notch! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Some staff even used basic gestures to aid communication when my Deaf friend. Furthermore, I was impressed with the staff opening and holding doors for me as I have mobility issues. What's even more surprising is that this all occurred within a 24 hour period. The hotel was very clean and I had a wonderfulnight's sleep (very rae for me in a hotel) despite being slap bang in the middle of Huddersfield. What more can I say - book it nad see for yourselves!

Room Tip: This hotel is near a canal so had lovely views, but I stayed in the main part of the hotel (where th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DuckyGale

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Huddersfield. I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn again soon. Kind regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night recently to enjoy a night out with friends and was very impressed. Having stayed at other hotels in the area this by far the best (I work in Huddersfield but live a distance away).
Car parking is free, pass obtained from reception, it is located on the canal, with a family pub adjacent and within walking distance of the town centre (10 mins maximum).
Check inn was swift and the room I was allocated overlooked the canal at the front and was bright, modern and spacious. Obviously a new premier inn with modern fittings, flat screen tv and a lovely bathroom, I really couldn't fault it. Value for money was great for 1 night or a few.
I didn't have breakfast in the adjacent pub so can't comment on that, but I would definately stay here again.
Oh and the bed was really comfy!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Janey1UnitedKingdom
katiew531, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Perfect in every way except that our room overlooked the ring-road and consequently was extremely noisy if the window was open. Iron and ironing board appeared when requested but were very poor quality - the iron leaked and had no thermostat control and the board was small enough for a doll's house.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Katie Washington