“An Excellent Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I'm becoming a bit of a fan of Premier Inns. The ones I've used are good value and efficient and clean.
As with the other Premier Inns this one is not a character hotel. Its just a standard well run, clean hotel. I got this deal for a twin bedded room for £29- its about 15 minutes walk to the town centre- though theres a nasty main road to cross.
The restaurant bar is good , with good real ales and at the back looks out onto a footbridge crossing a small river (or maybe a ship canal); its a nice view. All the hotel staff , including reception, were efficient and friendly as usual and the room & bathroom was clean and very satisfactory. Breakfast service was fast and friendly; one of those eat all you want deals (£7.99 extra but cheaper if you want continental option)
Its very close to the University so great for students and visitors (though take care with that main road). Adequate free car parking as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
katiew531, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. Kind regards, Katie Washington

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Another Premier Inn. It's good. Good reception. Ask for a room in the annex which is queiter, but avoid room 303 which is opposite the entrance, or room 403, on the first floor, which has a strange high level window so you can only see the the rooftops and sky. There is a Table Table next door, on the edge of Aspley Basin (Huddersfield Broad Canal.) that offers the usual standard fare. The fish and chips is good value, but where, oh where, do they get their "tartare sauce" from. It is awful. Far too much onion and nowhere near enough gerkin. It just does not taste right, and doesn't go with the fish.
The location is good, on the canal side, and convenient for the town center and university. There are a huge variety of watering holes within a short walking distance, and all sorts of resturants, (although I havn't found a really posh one).
A good base to explore from.

Room Tip: Ask for the annex, not rooms 303 or 403.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn in the future. Kind regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed at this Premier Inn with my daughter and son and yet again the chain didn't dissapoint us. The check inn was super fast, the room was spotlessly clean and the beds are SO comfortable. The shower is very powerful. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, so polite and helpful. We needed the number for a taxi and Reception just booked it for us! A special mention has to go to "Liz", thank you for your help and advice. Gold star for you!
We paid £29 per night on an special offer, very good value for money.
Our room overlooked the canal which was lovely, there is a main road opposite, but the windows are double glazed so noise isn't a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annexe if you want to guarantee a really quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your Kind words, we really value your feedback. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. Kind regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here in January, and I was impressed with the quality of the furnishings, but that had more to do with the fact that the hotel was less than a year old. But what really encouraged me to review this place was the fact that the attention that was given to my requests at the reception were so impressive. All the staff were really helpful, and it left me feeling quite welcomed and important to them as a user of their hotel.
My experience was one of those all too rare ones that leaves one feeling inclined to remember to use that same company again.

1  Thank stephen s

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed 3 nights her visiting family and the location is superb for ease of getting to the shopping centre, fantastic restaurant next door and on the side of a canal with barges at your window.
I had had trouble before at premier inns with the double bed being too small for myself and my husband and the staff on reception took the time to show us 2 different rooms to choose from. We opted for a double room with a sofa bed made up.
The first night I couldn't sleep as my bed was by the window , the heating is turned down at night and I was freezing. I went to reception in the morning after a bad night and they were so helpful. I found you can ask for the heating to be turned up higher to a constant temperature , (which they did) and they gave me an extra duvet for the bed.
We had also flown from Qatar in the middle east and they strode our two big suitcases in a room behind reception , so we didn't have to put them in the room. Excellent. service
It's free parking with a voucher from the reception and even though it's on a very busy road, it's set back from it and the double glazing keeps out the noise.
An added bonus is a 30mins free wifi a day and only £3 extra for 24 hour wifi . (at the travel lodges they charge £5 per hour)
We will definitely stay at this hotel every time we visit family again and my only concern is , the hotel is so popular, you don't get the premier inn offers with this one as you do the other hotels in the chain and the prices can be high, so keep a look out For lower prices.
I will stay at this hotel every time we visiting family through the year

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor facing the canal and ask for the heating turned up if you need it.
1  Thank A B
katiew531, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2012

Thank you for your Kind words, we really value your feedback. I'm delighted to here you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. Kind regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed one night, perfect location in central Huddersfield, ovelooking canal. Parking was difficult as car park was almost full. We were located in the annex which was sitated across the car park. It was cold and therefore we didnt appreciate the fact that when we had an issue we had to walk outside to the reception area. However the annex was very quiet which was appreciated.
The bed was a delight as always, Premier Inns have the most comfortable mattresses on the planet! We were in a double room and the bed was noticably smaller than other Premier Inn beds we have stayed in the past. Maybe they are cost cutting? I prefer the massive beds in the older inns.
The roomwas freezing cold when we arrived in the room at 11pm, and it took a good few hours to warm up which was disappointing, and delayed sleep.
The TV remote was broken as as we were undressed by the time we noticed we couldnt walk across the car park for a replacement! There was no phone in the room which would have rectified the problem and is mystifying.
There were a wide choice of options at breakfast but for the first time ever I didnt enjoy it. The bacon was undercooked and tough, and the cooked breakfast was served within a minute of taking the order, which was infuriating as we had only just sat down with fruit/cereal!
Premier Inn is solid and reliable, but this new Inn could do with a few improvements to ensure a better experience. I will use this Inn again.

1  Thank ninabean

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Huddersfield Central Premier Inn. We endeavour to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and I do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up. If you would like to contact me directly on 01484 544250 I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you. I look forward to hearing from you soon and Thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated. Kind Regards, Katie Washington

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here last night as part of a post Christmas 2 day walking trip .
We arrived tired and muddy to be met by a friendly receptionist who made our check in easy !
It's in a great location , very clean , free parking
I would definately return here again .

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank 2teas
katiew531, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012