The Croppers Arms Residential Inn
$67
$103
$96
Agoda.com
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
$77
$62
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
$76
PremierInn.com
$83
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelodge
All reviewsthe pubsteakfull englishfire escaperoast dinnertuesday nightgood sizelight sleeperstayed for nightshuddersfield townroom was cleanaccommodationbathbedsidetomatohairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I feel some of the comments on here are harsh concerning the croppers arms. "Just a pub with rooms"? We yes that's exactly what it is and it doesn't pretend or advertise itself as anything else. I've stayed in numerous 5* hotels and yes they're lovely as are their price tags, but for the money I can only say the croppers arms is a comfortable, pleasant and warming place to stay. I was attending the university for 3 days so it was ideally situated for me, 25 mins walking distance away to burn of my fully loaded breakfast (which I must say lasted me all day and saved me buying lunch :-)). The first night I found I was unable to access wifi in the room I was in. I casually mentioned this to the lady serving breakfasts the next day and within one hour I received a telephone call advising me of a room change as unfortunately the room I had was the only one in the place that had trouble with connection. I returned that evening and the cleaning staff had moved all of my belongings into my new room. A task I didn't expect but each and every item was put away and laid out exactly how I'd left it in my previous room. TOP SERVICE I'D SAY!!! As for previous comments suggesting there is too much noise, I agree noise comes from the road and from downstairs in the pub until closing, but it's hardly enough to make the stay unpleasant. I purchased some ear plugs and found they did just the trick for traffic noise. However, I must point out that this is not a criticism of the croppers, but more an issue of me being a light sleeper. All in all I would recommend the croppers arms as a cozy place to stay and I will most certainly be returning there for my next stint at uni. Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank podiatry1980
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed there last night not very well maintained towel rail fell off wall bed was just a base on floor with mattress thrown on top Only good point was I got evening meal instead of breakfast
Also could not sleep with traffic wizzing past and noise peaple outside in the smoking area

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank hornj
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've never felt the need to leave a negative review before, but this will be my first one after our experience on Sunday afternoon. The tables were filthy with dirty plates and glasses everywhere and menus were sticky and dirty. When placing our order we were told by the barmaid that there was "No meat". When we asked why there was no meat she replied "It's a Sunday afternoon, there's no meat left. What do you expect on a Sunday?". After choosing an alternative option we went back to the bar to order. The same barmaid walked past us to serve a regular customer. The customer told her that we were next but she shrugged her shoulders and ignored us. When the food arrived portions were very small, but that was a blessing in disguise as the food was very tasteless and I suspect the onion rings and vegetables were frozen. When we tried to ask questions about the ingredients of a dessert (for allergy reasons) the bar maid was extremely sarcastic and laughed which was very embarrassing. She eventually (whilst sighing) went to ask in the kitchen and told us that the kitchen staff did not know what was in the dessert either. Whilst we were there we also witnessed this barmaid being extremely rude to a hotel guest as well as numerous unprofessional arguments between her and the kitchen staff. Looking back, we should have left as soon as we sat down at a filthy table.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniella M
Reviewed May 7, 2012

When my local football team finished their season with an away match against Huddersfield, I decided to stay for the night and then travel in to the Peak District. I booked a night in the Croppers Arms and was glad I did. It was perfect for what I needed it for, really. Just a couple of miles from the Galpharm Stadium, I got there and parked up pretty quickly after full time in the football. I was greeted by friendly staff who showed me to my room. I was instantly impressed by the size and condition of the room. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean, well decorated and fitted and a very good size. There was a flat screen TV and tea and coffee facilities in the bedroom, and all in all it was pretty impressive.

After getting changed (I was in Wurzel fancy dress, so I really did have to change!) I went down to the bar. The FA Cup Final was on so I watched that in the bar where there few people in there seemed pretty friendly. I then had a meal and was pretty impressed with the food; standard pub type food but good quality and well priced. It was then back up to my room where I lay in bed and fell asleep much earlier than I'd planned (I still had the TV on!). A good night sleep and a hearty full English breakfast with toast, tea and orange juice rounded off a very nice stay where everyone I came across was very friendly.

The only reason I've marked it down slightly is because someone was fixing something on the roof, or doing something there anyway, right outside my window at about 8am on the Sunday morning. I was already up so it wasn't a problem but if anyone had wanted a weekend lie in, that would have been pretty annoying I think. But these things happen.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is really a pub with rooms more than a hotel. The good thing is that it does not pretend to be anything else. The rooms are lovingly decorated and everything was clean
The staff was brilliant both on arrival and departure. Really friendly which is great for a woman out on business on her own. I was even served breakfast in my room without even asking for it.
When I booked I was a bit worried about the noise that would come from the pub but found the room to be very quiet.
The food is excellent pub grub in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business