“Nice Italian”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A pretty varied menu with some nice dishes. It also has some pretty good deals on, the decor is quite horrendous but the venue is large and open.

Visited January 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visited twice....both as bad”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have visited this restaurant twice now, both for parties (one birthday one engagement) one was a table of 12 and one was a table of 15....not huge table numbers for a large apparently accomplished restaurant. The first time I visited the staff were un-attentive and tried to add drinks and bottles of wine to the bill (nobody had drunk wine and there were no wine glasses at our table) the response was rude and un-apologetic.
The second visit was even worse....not only did it take an hour and a half to receive only 3 sharing starters of garlic bread, it took 2 and a half to receive our mains...all of which were huge portions of bland/beige food. Then again i was faced with additions to the bill which we hadn’t eaten.....when queried i was met with a rude confrontation, no apology and basically an accusation i was lying, after a lengthy debate we had a small reduction (still paid over the odds) and left dis-satisfied.
If you choose to visit this place...on your head be it!! And for goodness sake check your bill more than once especially if you are a large group from my experience.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank RMKermit
“late and unforgiving”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

i was part of a birthday party of 16. we were seated at 8pm and by half 9 our starters hadnt arrived. the waiting staff said they would bring them with our mains, which would have been fine but by 10pm we still hadnt got them. at this point it was too late for myself to eat so i requested t cancel my meal to which the owner was very rude, even though i explained why. also when we received the bill we had to triple check it as there was a few additional items on there. not happy, will not be returning. a disappointing beginning to a great friends birthday.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank K L
“DO NOT EAT HERE!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I will be here all night if I said everything that was wrong with my visit to this awful establishment last night.
As a training restaurant manager myself it takes a lot for me to complain- because I know first hand sometimes things don't go smoothly/there's a cock up/ staff are stressed. But last night took the biscuit on far too many occasions.

Firstly- we booked our table for 7.30 and weren't seated til 8pm.
We ordered 3 basic garlic breads to share between our party of 13 as a starter, Which after 1 HOUR had still not arrived. we inquired as to where they were which was met with no apology and turned up 15 mins later.

This is now 9.15.
One of my friends asked the waiter if they could cancel her main meal as it was now too late for her to be eating such heavy food. The waiter basically had a go at her.
Our main meals then arrived at 9.45pm!!
We again received no apology for the ridiculous amount of time we had waited. 2 of my friends had the same dish and one of the servings was twice the size of the other. My own meal was very bland and uninspiring. Nobody really had anything good to say about their food and their was a lot of food left when we finished. Again nobody came to check if everything was ok.

At this point the table next to us (who arrived after but got everything before us) were getting up to leave, and stopped to speak to us as they had had an equally shocking experience. The owner was rude to them, they had to wait a long time for everything, and were met with no apology. They said they wouldn't be back.

Ah, now the bill. (my friend warned me the last time she was there they tried to charge her party 3 bottles of wine which they didn't have!)
So- 4 of the 12 main meals were paid for at the till as people couldn't wait to leave. So the waiter brought over an "updated" version of the bill (minus those 4 main meals"... I looked at the bill and realised there was 10 mains on it. (there should only have been 8 left to pay) so I went to the till where the owner and a waiter spoke to me like I was an idiot and tried convincing me that I was wrong. I wasn't. 10 meals were on the check for £95. I told him they needed to deduct 2 main meals, so he asked me to sit down while he sorted it. He then came back with a new bill for £90!! I'm fairly certain 2 main meals did not cost £5!! So once again they were trying to con their customers. By this point my friend was so upset (it was her birthday!) she just wanted to pay and leave. She and I spoke to the waiter and the owner on our way out and they were completely rude, unapologetic and didn't even have the courtesy to look at us. We were told "ok thanks bye" as we were explaining to them what a terrible night we'd had in their restaurant! I will never go there again. I'm absolutely appauled. I would advise everyone else to save yourselves the bother!

6 Thank Allison P
“unhelpful”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

not being kean on sauces i asked for the chicken dish without sauce but the waiter told me it came with sauce and did not offer further suggestions. have not been back since

1 Thank Gill018