“Clough House”

The Clough House
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Visited here late Sunday because we couldn't get a table at our local eatery. We had seen the reports on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed with our visit. In fact the general feeling was that this was the best Sunday lunch ever. It was late in the day and the pub was fairly quiet when we arrived I was a little apprehensive on entering on why there were only a few diners but when the food arrived you just knew that you were going to enjoy your meal, which we all did. We will definitely be back to try the evening menu, and would recommend to this place to anyone after a nice dining experience. Lovely food. Cosy atmosphere Friendly staff. Go on give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We haven't been here since the new owners took over and thought would try Sunday lunch after seeing the reviews on here. Well worth a visit, the food is all home cooked, gorgeous with generous portions and the service is very friendly. We will be going back (kids want to go next Sunday!)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My partner and I revisited the Clough House with the new owners taking over to see if the food was as good or not better than before. Well we can tell you it was much better, we visited before Xmas for Sunday lunch after reading the reviews saying it was excellent food and great value, they were not kidding the Sunday lunch is excellent value and very good fresh homely food, the beef was to die for. We said we would be back for an evening meal as the menu was our kind of food, and we are so glad we did, the specials board had slow roasted minted lamb with good tasty Veg and amazing creamy mash, and the mint gravy was fantastic. There is something for everyone on the menu with good choices at great prices from the starters right through to the deserts. The deserts mmmm mmmm not normally a desert man but glad I was talked into it by my good lady, and a good tip from the man of the house, chocolate brownie with custard, never tasted one like it, and my partners rhubarb crumble again was fantastic. The chef came to chat to us too very friendly lady who knows how to cook great fresh home cooked food. We will be back and I will be letting all my friends local to Huddersfield know and telling them to get down to the Clough House.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My partner surprise me by taking me to the Clough house after shopping,we heard that it has new owners.
We both had steak and chips, followed by amazing sticky toffee pudding and apple crumble, all home made, it was lovely to talk to the chef, she is so passionate on what she does.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This place has recently changed hands and, my goodness, what a difference! I visited with my husband on a rare night we had babysitters. I had the most wonderful crab cake starter and my husband had the black pudding salad. Both fantastic! I had the homemade steak pie and chips (equally, beautifully homemade) for main course. It was probably the best pie I've ever tasted. It deserved a round of applause, if that isn't going too far!