“Just what we wanted!”

The Clough House
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Took my Mother - she loved the food, enough choice for even someone who was a bit under weather. I loved it - will definitely visit again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have eaten a couple of times a the clough house and the food is fantastic the constant let down is how the place is run.this could be a gold mine if the just managed it properly.you defiantly have to book as a walk in on Saturday at 5.30pm was turn away from an empty restaurant as fully booked when the last table was booked at 8.30pm.it doesn't take 3 hours to serve a table of 2 even with the slow service at the clough house.
The food to die for but really the management and service is letting you down people get bored however good the food is.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Returned to The Clough House with a party of 7 on 26 January. Excellent food, as always - particularly the rump steaks. Sad to say the service was haphazard and confused. Having ordered drinks at the bar and having advised the barmaid that we had a table booked and the name - we stood around ages waiting, whilst we could see the table was clearly ready. Yet, the servers were crowded around the servery bar chatting. There were not enough menus in the restaurant to go around, so we had to wait for those, and we had share menus once they did arrive. Two or three servers were on hand, granted, but they were not organised. There didn't seem to be any management in charge at all. The server didn't tell us what the soup was, nor that there was no steak pie at all - until we were ready to order (so we had to start again, looking at the menus that we had to share). Each server would come along and ask the same thing, e.g. "Would you like any more drinks?" - after her colleague had just asked the same question and had taken the drinks order. We like The Clough House, but the management should really be paying close attention to what their server are doing. I would suggest a good deal of training is in order. The kitchen staff, on the other hand, are excellent. We hope things get better.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food was amazing!!! We've been twice now and both time had to have 3 courses as it was too hard to choose what to have but the food was amazing, we really really enjoyed it. Will definitly go back soon!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been coming to The Clough House for a couple of years now and would like to advise people that if there are more than two in your party you may have to wait a while. I guess the theory is that they serve the smaller orders first in order to get all the larger ones out together , it works so be patient! They do have a pre booking system now which means if you are short on time you can pre order, have not tried this though.
We went for lunch today and there were six of us, yes we did have to wait, say half an hours wait but the food was very well worth it.
I had ordered pork belly and loin for my main and found that the loin was very strong and I could not cut the belly. I quietly told the waiter this and asked if he would just adjust the bill, however to the chefs great credit he cooked another loin in order to taste it himself and I was brought a freshly cooked piece to try, much more tender but still strong but admittedly it may have just been a more rich type of pork that I am used to. Everyone else at the table throroughly enjoyed their brisket, duck and sausages. The sticky toffee pudding was delicious but the portions a trifle large, pannacotta with winterberry consomme was just perfect.
Only one major complaint in that by the time we left we were very cold, I do not like being too warm when I am eating but some people kept their coats on, snow on the ground so please turn the heating up a bit so it is warm for your customers at 1200.