“Fabulous Saturday Brunch with style”
Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #9 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked the hubby and I in for the Saturday brunch, not really knowing what to expect, except outstanding food of course and we weren't disappointed. Great menu selection, hubby opted for the steak sandwich and I opted for the bacon. Now knowing Eric we knew it wouldn't your basic bog standard sandwich and it wasn't! Mine was bacon piled high on toasted granary bread and spinach with a delicious spicy tomato relish that tasted divine and hubby's steak was cooked to perfection on a bed of spinach with yummy caramelised red onion and hollandaisle sauce. Both of us were delighted with our choices and watched with open mouths at the plates of delights that were appearing from the kitchen. I can highly recommend Eric's, it never disappoints and one comes away feeling like you were part of something very special, which of course you were as Eric's is no normal, middle of the road eatery but a culinary delightful restaurant that everyone should visit......you won't be disappointed!

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for writing us another fantastic review. It's always a pleasure to see you in the restaurant and I hope we continue to impress you as we clearly have so far.

Kindrest Regards,

Eric.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,713)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Décor lovely, service fantastic, food divine! Excellent selection of dishes on the menu and all seasonal. Make room for 3 courses as its so good! very reasonably priced for the standard of food. The fire alarm did go off for about 20 minutes or so but Eric and the team were very apologetic and polite while they sorted it out. Will go again.

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

What an evening that was... Never have I had to deal with something quite that annoying... Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt and endeavouring to enjoy your evening regardless. It is so kind of you to write us such a stellar review.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've picked 4 stars as I feel it's a fair representation over the two times we've visited.

Overall I would heartily recommend this restaurant. I'm going to be 100% honest though because I want this resturant to be the best it can be (it's not far off) just a few little down points which take the edge off an otherwise 5 star experience.

First visit was in July 2013: We were sat at the two seater table opposite the top of the stairs, avoid this table it's not a good spot. Plenty of tables to choose from though so I wouldn't dream of holding this against them. Very charming waiters, well presented and friendly yet not OTT a good balance. My starter was grilled halloumi which was not very nice despite me loving halloumi usually. The halloumi was possibly just overcooked slightly which made it very tough and a little greasier than it needed to be. The dish itself looked AMAZING however and the salad was great though the dressing had a bitted after taste, possibly an acquired taste? I may try this dish again at a later visit to see if I just got a bad serve. Main course was fillet steak, perfectly yummy in every way! My guest had the venison which was also perfect. We ordered way too many sides though so I'd suggest holding off on the sides unless you have a large appetite. Had a cheeseboard to finish which was ok but the grapes were a little brown and the cheeses a little crusty (not in the good way). My experience of cheeseboards are often hit and miss at the best of restaurants though, possibly keep the cheeses covered and separated when not in use. So easy for all the cheeses to take on the flavour of the strongest cheese (usually smoked) if you're not careful. Wine was excellent. Atmosphere very good. Place very clean and comfortable.

Second visit August 2013: We picked a better table in a corner by the window. this time :) Ordered cocktails to start, strawberry on the cocktail was a bruised and looked like something had had a little bite out of it. Cocktail itself was yummy though! I had parsnip soup as a starter which was great. Oh almost forgot to mention that they provide lovely fresh bread with oil and vinegar to start which is a real treat. Yes I know every restaurant offers bread but this was extra yummy so worth a mention! This visit we went for the set menu, two rump steaks with fries. Totally wonderful main course, not sure about the little metal containers for the fries though. I guess you could call them quirky but I personally though they were a bit naff and ruined the look of the plate (Sorry).
Went for a cheeseboard again, same problem as before with the grapes but the cheeses were awsome this time :). Lovely post dinner drinks and coffees. All in all thoroughly enjoyed this second visit.

Will be back for a third visit soon and I can't wait!

Two asks, 1, please keep the fruit fresher for me and 2, make sure you clear empty / unused glasses off the tables as the table is left very messy for long periods sometimes. Thanks x

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks for your review and your honest feedback!

We'll keep and eye on that fruit!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have been a few times to Erics and always enjoy the food. However my partner went for the first time recently and thought the food was good albeit he ordered the steak which he thought was a bit fatty. Think he was disappointed as the starter he was really looking forward to had "run out". The only negative points he felt were that some of the tables are too close to one another and however quiet you talk, he felt it quite off putting when you could overhear the next tables conversation and the staff were all youngsters. Overall a very good experience.

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I apologise for the glitches you experienced, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything overall. We do occasionally run out of things, it cant be helped if you want to keep everything fresh!

With regards to the staff, they are all young, though the restaurant manager and supervisor have a few extra years on them! However, they do all receive rave reviews far more often than not! I hope this wasn't too much of an issue for you.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Came here on recommendation of a friend and was overwhelmed by the quality of the menu. Great dishes, all sounded fantastic but we had to choose one.. Very impressed. Will be back.

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Fantastic, I look forward to your return.