“Fantastic!”

Description: Telephone Telephone (+44) 01484 517457
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I have been to the Gurkha Thali on a number of occasions now for both eat in and take-away food. They have an excellent menu and the food is fab (my particular favourite being the lamb saag). The service is always excellent and with a smile. I couldn't recommend anywhere else more highly!

• Visited March 2011

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“too pricy bad customer service”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

we decided to try this place out for their vegetarian thali with my family..firstly before we went i phoned for the price of the dish he told me a completely different price so we were not happy about that the price went up!, we took our 2 daughters and the waiter was getting annoyed at my daughter who is only 4 as she is only a child getting out of her chair i dont think this restaurant is family friendly, i dont like to say this but if your white they will treat you like royalty but if your any asian they wont care and the customer service is sooo different we got treated like second class citizen, the food was average way tooo pricey!!! £16.00 for a veg thali!!! and they only like people who spend money over £40 for their meal as he was making sarcastic comments and very arrogant when we were checking out the prices of our meal such a bad experience of this restaurant we will never go here again!! or tell anyone else too the decor is tooo dated and the food did not feel clean specially the dips looked stale.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank sirraajmiya
Yorkshire
“A hidden gem! Fabulous, authentic food.”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I have been to Gurkha Thali on a number of occasions and it is always a wonderful experience. The first time we went it was accidental really. We had planned to go to Nawaab but they were incredibly busy. We came out and just across the road is Gurkha Thali. We thought we'd give it a go and i'm incredibly glad we did.

The staff are wonderfully welcoming and attentive. Its the food that makes the restaurant though. Amazingly fresh meat and vegetarian dishes at very reasonable prices. I am a particular fan of the mo mo, chicken and chickpeas and dhal. I have only had what I would call such authentic food in one other restaurant - Lasan in Birmingham. However at Gurkha Thali it is less than half the price. The first time I went it really did blow me away.

The only very slight downside is the decor - it doesn't quite match the quality of the food.

• Visited October 2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find in Huddersfield. Delicious...”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Great find in Huddersfield. Delicious food, and excellent, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank amyt1986