“Mouthatering”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Slice of indian literally in your mouth. Busrting with flavour, mouth watering food. Amazing service amazing price. Been to this resturant several times not once have they let me down. Would recormend this place!! :D

There are newer reviews for Tamanna's

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a very warm welcome from the staff at this restaurant after deciding against a trip to our usual curry house in Bradford.
We decided against a starter after reading about the large portions at this restaurant, and ordered popodoms and a pickle tray. I got the impression that the popodoms had not been freshly cooked as they were not very crispy and tasted of stale cooking oil. The pickle tray however was fine.
I ordered a chicken chana balti and was asked what strength I would like so I said hot. We also ordered 2 peshwari nans and a pilou rice to share.
The food arrived but we then had a 5-10 minute wait before the nan breads arrived. My balti was very bland lacking flavour other than an overpowering taste of garlic. The sauce was very thick and was of a very glutinous consistency which was actually quite unpleasant. The nan breads were also disappointing and were very thick and doughy in consistency.

I shall not be returning to this restaurant and unfortunately cannot recommend it as the food was so disappointing.

Juniortamannas, Owner at Tamanna's, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

thank you for your feedback its seem to me nothing was to your liking .here at tamannas we use the best of the best in products.to say our nan bread and our papadams were nnot fresh is unbielivable we take pride in what we do .our currys are freshly prepared to order we blend and roast our own spices so i cant understand were this glutimonius thing came from.thank you for feedback anyway

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been here twice in the past month with my boyfriend. The service is great and the food is absolutely gorgeous. I am quite fussy and not very keen on spicy foods, but the staff went out of their way to put something lovely together for me to try a few different things. I would definatley recommend the lamb chops and the king prawn and spinach pakora (out of this world). We will be back again when near the area. Thank you Junior and all the rest of the staff ..... Sophie. X

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We returned once again to Tamanna's this time on New Year's Eve. We enjoyed surperb Indian food experience cooked exactly to our liking along with a good bottle of wine. The restraurant was busy but we still received excellant service. Once again 5 STAR.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Don't be misled by the rather exotic-sounding name, our experience here was run of the mill at best. The welcome was good and the staff friendly throughout our meal, although the repeated offers of more drinks became wearing. The surroundings are comfortable and clean and the restaurant has a modern look and feels quite cosy as it's a small place.

We visited here around 10 years ago and were very disappointed, but decided to try the food again, having seen very positive reviews on this site, however little has changed. Some of our poppodums weren't crisp and obviously had been sitting around for a while and they all tasted like the oil used to fry them needed changing.

On to the main course, all our main dishes were over-flavoured with garlic and there was also far too much ghee used, making them very oily. The nan breads looked good, but when sampled they turned out to be doughy and very heavy.

We decided to try this local restaurant again to save a trip to Bradford, but on this showing, you'd be better off driving the extra distance for a good meal at somewhere like Cafe Zouk.

thank you for feedback .i am sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us.here at tamannas we use the finest products everything freshly prepared to order .regarding nan bread you can either have them doughy or crispy its your call all you need is to ask .your party of 4 not one time did you complain when in the resturant.so it bizarre to see you complain on tripadvisr thank once again we will take comments on board