“Out of this world!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I can't seem to understand the bad reviews as this is the best restaurant in the whole world. The quality of the food is five star and the portion sizes are very generous. I come here with my girlfriend nearly every week for over three years and have never been disappointed, it just makes me want to come back for more! The staff are amazing, so friendly, welcoming and value us as customers. We had 5 poppadoms and two specials with sweetcorn rice and garlic nan and it came to £30. This is reasonable for the best food we have ever tasted. The atmosphere at the restaurant was the best we have seen, busy and everyone looked happy! Although it was incredibly busy the food came out on time and still was the best we have had.
Thanks to Junior and all the staff!

1  Thank marshall_riley

Reviewed February 2, 2013

You will not be served lamb as succulent any where else than here. Attention to taste is always catered for. Service is out of this world. Your visit is more than a meal - an experience of taste, wine and conversation. Nothing is too much for the staff especially Junior and Lee who attend to your every need.
Once visited you will want to return again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Very nice Indian restuarant with top-notch food and wonderful staff. It is a bit pricey but well worth it if you want a nice meal out. Within walking distance of the Cedar Court Hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been coming to this restaurant for over four years. Being really big fans of Indian food we have tried many restaurants around Yorkshire, London and even abroad. We can honestly say that the food served at Tamanna's is at a first class level and we have never eaten anywhere as good in our lives. All the chicken is completely fresh and they are very generous with their portion sizes and amount of meat they give you.

The meat is always incredibly tender and cooked to perfection and is always succulent and full of flavour. The waiters are incredibly friendly and get to know their customers on a personal level and definitely provide a great service. We know all the waiters and manager very well now and they are lovely people. All the dishes are beautiful as we have tried more or less all of them and have never been disappointed with any of them.

The owner, Junior, is a very welcoming and friendly and always manages to choose the perfect dish for me when I'm unsure of what to get. We don't understand any of the negative reviews and they don't add up to the high standards of what Tamanna's produce. I would recommend that everyone should try this restaurant as it is the best restaurant we have ever been to.

Whenever we eat out at other restaurants we wish that we would have spent our money eating at Tamannas. The food is very well priced and the tastes and quality is 30 x better than any other Indian restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I visited Tamanna's on a recent trip to Huddersfield, having been strongly recommended by a friend who lives in the area. Although it was a Monday night I phoned to book a table and was dealt with by a very polite and helpful guy called 'Junior'. When we arrived, 'Junior' made us both very welcome with his warm and friendly manner. The interior is small and has an intimate ambience - great for those romantic and special occasions. We were the only people dining throughout the whole evening - and so received individual attention. It would be interesting to see what the ambience is like on a busier evening. We ordered our meal from the very extensive menu, and Cobra lagers on draught. The food was authentic and exceptional - amongst the very best I have eaten (and I speak as a real curry addict of 30 years). The ingredients were obviously fresh and good quality - my lamb pathia was spot-on. All in all, a wonderful experience. I suspect that the scathing images have probably been posted by either someone with a grudge or someone who is a business competitor. They are a very unfair and inaccurate portrayal of Tamanna's and should be removed by TripAdvisor.