“The best place to eat in Huddersfield!”
Review of Discovery Bay

Discovery Bay
Ranked #54 of 514 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I've visited Discovery Bay quite a few times over the summer and I must say it's great! I went last night for the tea time special and had three courses for £13.95, brilliant. Each of the three course were really delicious, good portion sizes so I was rather full by the end. The staff are always welcoming, recommend dishes and offer to add a bit more of a kick to the less spicy dish which I ordered if I wanted. It always has a nice relaxed atmosphere and I've already booked a table for my next visit. A must try if you're looking for somewhere to eat in Huddersfield.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited on a Thursday night, meaning that the restaurant wasn't packed but there was a good atmosphere.
I ordered the breadfruit boats with watermelon chutney to start, nothing I'd ever eaten before and delicious, then a main-sized portion of the vegetable spring rolls, which was also very tasty.
The main thing which really made the evening for us was how good the service was. All of our party had some sort of awkward amendment we wanted to make to our order, from having the sauce on the side to having an upsized version of a starter for a main. Our waitress was extremely accommodating of all these changes, all our requests were followed to the letter and we weren't made to feel as though we were being awkward (even though we were)!
All in all it was a great experience, with so much on the menu that we'd never tried before, delicious food, great service and a lively atmosphere. Would visit again.

1  Thank vickylp3
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I visited the restaurant on 21/08/13 and really enjoyed the whole experience. We have been wanting to come for the last few years but for some reason have never gotten there. After seeing them at the Huddersfield Food and Drink festival and wanting to try some food, the only reason we didn't was the queue was so long. We decided instead that we would visit the restaurant for a meal. We were not at all disappointed, the food was delicious and the staff were vey nice, we were well looked after. We had the tea time special, 3 courses for £13.95. This was such good value for money!! I had salt cod fritters to start, vey nice, my husband had BBQ spare ribs, after having a taste I wish I had chosen the same. I don't usually care for spare ribs but these were delicious. We both had rum steak for mains, again delicious and ginger cake with custard for dessert. This was very nice and moist, had cinnamon in which I am not a lover of, but could still eat it!!
Can't wait to visit again and try something else from the menu.
This restaurant deserves it's good reputation, a credit to chef Barrington and his lovely staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited with my partner and enjoyed my meal. The staff were attentive and we were served three courses in an hour. I ordered the goat curry and dumplings, yum
I would return.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had the mixed combination starter and what a splendid decision that was! Some of the best spare ribs that I have ever eaten (actually probably the best) that fell off the bone accompanied by a delicious sauce, fried chicken with hints of fennel, salt fish fritters and delectable sweet potato spring rolls, all this was swiftly polished off. My main was the Jerk Cod, vibrant and spicy on cabbage with pancetta in a creamy coconut sauce. The spicing was spot on, the codfish succulent and the pancetta brought out the flavour of the cabbage. A beautifully balanced dish. My companion ordered the King Prawn Chicken and Rum Roti Wrap and Avocado Salad which she couldn't finish so asked for a doggy bag which was duly provided. The dish was subtly spiced and very agreeable the curry bringing to mind Japanese curry. No room for desserts and tap water was happily provided in an elegant bottle by the excellent waiting staff.
This restaurant is special and stands out in Huddersfield where I find it very difficult to encounter first class cuisine. I will be returning on my frequent visits to this town and will look forward to it. Bravo chef and staff!