“Value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friends and I have just returned home after staying 22/03/13 to 23/03/13 at the Titanic Spa. We went in a party of 9 people for a friends 50th birthday. Our stay as been a brilliant experience and we have all enjoyed our stay.
The one thing that went wrong was the weather (snow).
Our food, pampering and apartments have been excellent.
May I thank the staff they are wonderful, polite and helpful. Today 23/03/13 the staff helped by making several telephone calls to a taxi firm, because we thought of taking the train home and leaving the cars, because of the severe weather. The other alternative was to stay and pay £70 for another night, which would have been nice, but what would the weather be like on Sunday 24/03/13.
Some of my friend and other guest started to move the snow from the car park with shovels, plus may I thank some of the staff from the spa who helped.
My friends and other guest that were driving home managed to get out of the car park and up a very steep hill, because of the help from residents and the titanic spa staff that manned the steep hill.
We certain to return for a spa overnight stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Visited the Titanic with my two daughters for an overnight stay on Sunday. All the staff were very welcoming, polite, helpful and friendly. The apartment was amazing, we had two large bedrooms, fully fitted kitchen and two bathrooms. The Spa facilities were fab and the treatments we had were well worth the money. The food in the Bistro was really nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen was well equiped and there was plenty of tea/coffee, milk and orange drinks also a small hamper with fresh fruit was complimentary. Children under 16 are not allowed which I think is a very good idea if you are wanting peace and quiet! We were sorry that we had not booked in for two nights as we were sorry to leave. It was excellent value for money and we will definately be booking again.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room for a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It's a lovely place and I found the service at reception, bistro and the actual spa to be very friendly and attentive.

I got the fabulous Friday deal and thought it was really worth the money. I was given my schedule at check in and it followed the requests that I had made when I booked, my partner and I had our treatments later in the afternoon, at the same time and they used elemis products. The heat experience was probably not quite as good as some other spas that I've visited but it was adequate. The pool area is nice and quiet for a relaxing swim. I tried the fish tank for a pedicure. I was nervous of putting my feet in at first so the therapist said they would not charge if I'd not plucked up courage. (Of which I did, you soon get used to the funny feeling.)

The food in the bistro was fresh. The quality was especially good in the evening. We had an apartment with a balcony and mezzanine floor which was really nice and clean. It did get warm in the room, especially on the mezzanine level so we turned the radiators off at bedtime to ensure a comfertable sleep.

I will return to the Titanic and I've already recommended it to my friends. It's worth the money you pay if you take advantage of one of their deals.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissJo_Cog
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Not one for bad reviews but I just had to say a few words about my much needed break between Xmas and new year
Having been many a time to titanic and always had a great experience I was extremely surprised to have such a bad break the Friday between Christmas and new year
The facilities as ever were good-
The room I had my treatment in was freezing and the therapist said she'd pointed this out to management but had been ignored - so my massage and facial was not that enjoyable!
We had an issue at dinner with a starter being undercooked.. Tough on the whole the food was acceptable
The problem was the apartment which was unbearably hot . There was also an odd whistling noise which sounded like the seal on the large glazed windows was damaged.- the heat became that intolerable that we had to open the balcony door at 2am which meant the room was then very noisy with the wind. We both slept very little
Upon check out I complained as we both woke up feeling terrible and not like we we just leaving a spa refreshed!

Though I cannot prove it by the tea time my eye had also became so swollen I had to attend the walk in centre to be given antibiotic drops - which meant I had to cancel NYE Plans. They said it was highly likely it was something to do with the facial I'd had or products used on me. Too coincidental not to be linked

Titanic's response was to deny any responsibility for the eye infection- to be expected ( though having been a loyal customer I was disappointed by this)

And a token offer of 15% off a full price break - which to be fair with their constant offers it'd be unlikely I'd ever use

Altogether a tiring expensive and painful experience .. One I'll not be in a rush to repeat!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mashcat
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked this on the Sunday stopover deal.
With this the package included the facial treatment, which I didn't really fancy. After speaking to a pleasant young lady on the phone, she agreed to have this changes for me to the full body massage, which I was pleased with!
The check in seemed hectic with a lot of people arriving at the same time, but this was expected. We were swiftly seen to and our luggage was taken care of. A complimentary drink was then offered before we got changed n given our robes and slippers.
The heat and ice experience was brilliant. It was very relaxing. The swimming pool was just as good.
Just a quick note to add. The spa facilities and the apartment were very clean.
The food given on the buffet and the evening meal was plentiful and gorgeous! The breakfast was also fine, with cereals, croissants, jams, fruit, juice and milk provided.
The staff were also very attentive and on hand to our needs.
The massage, which was the highlight of my visit, was one of the beat full body massages I have received! The therapist (Lydia) was very professional and very good at her job! The only down side was that as a couple we were in separate rooms for our massages, it would of perhaps been a better touch if we were in the same room. Also the check out time is 10am, which seemed slightly early.
Aside from this, it was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this spa to others!! Will defo be visiting again.
Thank you Titanic, I feel refreshed!! :)

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Shaz M
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Titanic Spa is one of those places that is very nice on the surface, however on closer inspection needs some attention.
Our apartment was nice but the heating in the upstairs mezzanine floor didn't work at all. After reporting it to reception and being completely ignored we reported it again only to be told that there was no one available to do anything about it. We were offered the use of another room but this room only accommodated two guests and there were three of us so it would mean one of us staying in the first room on our own. Not really acceptable.
Another issue we had was that there are no mirrors at all in the apartment apart from the one in the bathroom. Obviously as there are no electrical sockets in the bathroom we had to dry our hair without the use of mirrors! Also it was not ideal for 3 people trying to get ready at the same time and use the same mirror!!
There were several other issues that are relatively simple to remedy which would make the experience much better. For example our door handle was hanging off, there is no extractor fan in the bathroom, no spare bedding was provided for the sofa bed. We were only given one key to the room and when we asked for another we were told that there wasn't another one available. Logistically this made things very awkward as you need the key fob to access the corridors.
On a positive note the food we had over the weekend was lovely and the therapists and treatments were very nice, however I do think that for the money we all paid (i.e. not cheap!!) there are many things that could be done to improve the apartments/facilities at the Titanic Spa. The above are just things that were wrong with our apartment, our friends had their own issues with theirs.
Although as a group we had a lovely weekend together, I don't think any of us would rush back to the Titanic Spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LJL083
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were a party of 9 there for a special birthday treat. Overall the spa was lovely – here are the highs and the lows
Highs
Treatments were out of this world – we all had a very positive experience and floated out of the treatment rooms. I went for the Indulgence package – which was the overnight stay with an hour deep tissue massage and one hour Elemis facial and manicure. Some of our party went for the Fabulous Friday which was 2 half hour treatments.
The day was well structured. We arrived around 11am, had a complimentary drink, used the heat treatments, had a swim then had lunch followed by check in to our accommodation, a cuppa then our treatments. Then around an hour before dinner when we relaxed in our accommodation.
Our apartment was very spacious (2 bed roomed apartment), complimentary Elemis products, plenty of tea bags and essentials, beautiful views, hamper with plenty of choice for breakfast (croissants, cereal, fruit, jams, juice, biscuits, milk, butter) and our bags were in the room along with the champagne which they had put in the fridge for us
The food was amazing – lovely buffet lunch with an excellent choice which catered for vegetarians and also gluten free options (we had both in our party). More than a light lunch – plenty to fill your plate! The evening meal was delicious – really tasty, perfect sized portions, excellent attentive service and complimentary glass of champagne as the birthday girl which was a lovely touch
All staff were polite and obliging in most cases (see below) and sorted out little niggles.
Ample parking.
Good choice of special offers for treatments and products on the day
Overall excellent value for money
We did however have a few niggles and felt that these could have easily been rectified/avoided with a little more care and attention. We did feed this back with the form they give you to complete, so hope the comments are taken on board.
A few of the treatments were wrong – so clearly a lack of organisation or attention to detail although these were soon amended when brought to their attention – make sure you check your schedule on arrival
Housekeeping standards in apartment were below par – dusty bathrooms, used duvet in cupboard with cover on and human hair. A distinct lack of sockets in the room and mirrors were so high you couldn’t use them. If you like a large fluffy towel, take your own as they were small and thin. A member of our party had a disability which was brought to the attention of spa staff on booking but room had stairs to the mezzanine bedroom. Her luggage was put in our room not her own so had to take it down for her. Their room was cold and the heating was broken. They complained and were offered an alternative room but it was only for 2 people and there were 3 of them and apparently there were no other rooms available.
There was a funny smell in the herbal steam room like old socks, no pleasant aroma at all. There was a large group of very noisy women yet there were no staff around to tell them to be quiet. It distracted from the ‘relaxing’ experience. The pool was quite murky, not sure if this was the natural salt or if it was dirty. There were no bags left for wet swimsuit, just an empty roll and the toilet had no toilet roll in and it wasn’t replaced even after I’d seen a cleaner clean the toilet in the evening.
There was only one lift which was chaotic at check out, big queues. We took the stairs a few times only to find that the stairwell was littered with rubbish. Remember to take the codes on your welcome sheet out with you as we got stuck in the stairwell as you need security codes to open the doors.
On checkout – check your bill especially if a large booking as everything is put on one bill (if you are paying separately). Took staff ages to sort it out due to errors although they did apologise. If you show interest in the products they are selling during your treatments these are added to your bill and the products left behind reception even if you don’t confirm you want them.
Most spas offer complimentary tea and coffee. Except on arrival these had to be paid for. I suggest you hold on until you can access your room and drink there and ask for tap water if you don’t want to pay for drinks.
Check out was 10am which was rather early compared to most hotels etc – we had to pay an additional £20 per hour for later checkout
The reception was chaotic with luggage everywhere. Would be better if there was a luggage storage facility room but I guess this is a design fault but not conducive to a relaxing ambience.
Overall it was a nice experience but could have been an excellent experience with a little more care and attention but it would not deter me from returning and would recommend it as a budget, value for money experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!