“Amazing!!! Everyone needs to go here!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
“Amazing!!! Everyone needs to go here!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the Fabulous Friday Package last week with 2 friends and Fabulous it was! It was our first visit to Titanic, so unsure what to expect, but had been recommended it by another friend who is a regular there. The facilities were all very clean, well maintained and modern. From the moment we walked through the front doors we all felt very relaxed. The welcome Birthday gift for my friend was a lovely touch. The relaxation room was lovely, wish I could replicate it in my house!! The food was fantastic, couldn't believe the size of the open kitchen that the chefs had to work in, but they did a brilliant job and seemed stress free! The therapists carrying out the treatments were extremely professional and friendly, in fact that can be said for all of the staff, so clearly well trained. Our apartment certainly had the wow factor - 2 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms, with Elemis toiletries, over 2 levels with fully equipped kitchen and large lounge, with a balcony that had stunning views over the Yorkshire countryside. All in all an amazing stay, I am recommending it to everyone and can't wait to go back!! Thanks to everyone at Titanic.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Visited Titanic yesterday with my daughter as we were both given gift vouchers for their spa days for Christmas.

This is my third time at Titanic, and I have always had a really lovely time there. Yesterday was nice and relaxing and not too busy which was nice. I was, however, a little disappointed as both myself and my daughter had 3 treatments each booked yet these were at different times of the day so we kept missing each other. I know they do state they try and book party members for their treatments at the same time but this cannot be guaranteed but considering it was quiet I don’t see why they didn’t do this? We both spent quite a lot of the day alone which was a shame.

I do feel like I have had quite a lot of hassle with Titanic this time. My voucher was for the relax day at £149.00, not wanting to sound ungrateful, but the treatments were not something I fancied so I spoke to Titanic and asked if I could swap for a cheaper package which was more my cup of tea. I was told that they don’t offer refunds to which I stated I wasn’t asking for a refund but to merely swap my spa day for something more suitable. After being put on hold in order for the girl I spoke to to speak to her manager (several times), I was told yes I could swap. When I enquired about the £20 difference in price and could I book a treatment (eyebrow wax at £18) to make up the voucher value I was told they don’t normally do this. After eventually speaking to the manager myself, she agreed I could swap my voucher and add the eyebrow wax to make up the money. Hooray, why didn’t they just agree to this in the first place. My relax was turning into a lot of hassle – they had my £ so surely it was up to me what I spent it on?

I really enjoyed my massage, facial and eye wax, the beauticians are really nice and friendly although they do tend to “push” their products. The girl who gave me my massage recommended a cellulite cream which she has used herself. This was £40 and since “they only had 2 of the products left she would leave one behind reception for me so I could buy on departure if I wanted”. The girl who did my facial was also suggesting products I should use. My daughter said the exact same thing when she was having her treatments and we felt they were a little too pushy and obviously on commission for the products they manage to sell.

What was a very nice day left a bitter taste when we checked out. Initially they wanted to charge me for my wax and I had to show them my e-mail confirmation and explain, yet again, that having spoken to their manager previously it had been agreed I could swap my initial voucher for a cheaper one and include the wax in to make up the £. She deducted this eventually, but reluctantly. We were obviously an inconvenience to her by her attitude and I have to say her customer service was rather lacking. She then tried to overcharge us by another £20. Considering we had only had two drinks each during the day I asked her to explain how she had come to her figures at which she waffled on about my voucher going through etc etc and obviously didn’t have a clue what she was talking about. I kept asking her to explain how we could possibly owe that amount of money to which she didn’t really have an answer. I calmly explained to her that my voucher had been sorted out now and how could she justify overcharging us £20? I did feel embarrassed arguing in reception and it did spoil the day. Eventually she agreed she had made a mistake and apologised. All of this was totally unnecessary and I felt like they were trying it on.

Sorry Titanic, think I will be looking elsewhere next time I fancy a little pampering.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LAJ49
West Yorkshire
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our 4th visit. My OH and I love the spa. Lovely facilities, accomodation, food and treatments. The staff are all lovely. Would love to give 5 stars.
BUT please please could the staff be more in evidence to ask noisy groups to keep things quiet.
Our relaxing day was ruined by a group of girls who shouted and screamed through most of the day even in the relaxation room.
Could the quiet zones be checked and enforced more regularly. I did ask for them to be spoken to and a member of staff did do this which resulted in an improvement for a short time. We just gave up then and went to our appartment.
So want to come back but worried about doing so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pam513
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been to the Titanic twice, both times were bought as deals when I got a promotional email, I wouldn't go otherwise.
The first time we didn't stay in the apartments but did on the second occasion. They seem very impressive but the furniture is a bit manky and basic, however they were very clean.
The food here is lovely and is one of the things I enjoyed the most on both visits, however drinks are very expensive and small.
The Heat Experience can get very busy and noisey, despite the several reminders for people to keep the noise levels down. There are only a few rooms so if you're planning on spending the day here I would suggest you book a couple of treatments as you can't make a whole day in just the Heat Experience at all. The swimming pool isn't very impressive although the setting is nice. All the changing rooms are lovely, but the standard robes and slippers you get given are very uncomfortable and absolutely huge, mine kept coming undone!
Meals are at set times, but as there aren't many clocks on the walls make sure you don't miss your slot, although it's not very relaxing to keep having to check the time. Also, the dining area is in full view of people walking past in their bathrobes - not very appetising sometimes, you can imagine some of the sights that go past!
The treatments are ridiculously expensive and the staff all seem a bit ditzy and not very professional which is off putting considering what they are charging. Even the reception staff aren't overly helpful.
Would I go again? Probably not - unless it was just for the day and the treatments were on a very good offer (they never are). There are much better and more luxurious spas in the North West for far better value. They need to up their game here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Doncaster
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We last visited Titanic Spa in 2011 and had an excellent time. We had a very nice time this time around but certainly not as good as before. Firstly, I have to agree with some of the comments of others about the smell in some of the steam/aromatherapy rooms. One of them smelt like a shoe cupboard and another smelt like the inside of a pet shop - certainly not pleasant! We decided not to have any treatments as we think they are quite poor value for money.

Lunch and Dinner was very nice though, but again I have to agree that the tables are very close and you can't really talk without thinking that the persons next to you are listening in.

The real problems for me are the rooms though. We were given 222a and although the layout was good, there were slats missing from the vertical blinds which meant that they didn't close properly. This meant people in the houses opposite could see straight into the lounge and also the bedroom. We therefore asked to move.....but wished we hadn't. We got moved to a room on the top floor. The walls were marked , the carpets were dirty, light fittings were broken, the plug in the bathroom sink didn't work. No TV in the bedroom.....and to top it all we hardly slept all night because of the wind and rain slamming against the roof and Velux windows all night. It was like sleeping in a tin can!

It seems like the management need to get work and revive the Titanic Spa back to it's former glories. Won't be going back until there is some improvement.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the top floor if bad weather is forecast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just got back from an overnighter with a friend. We were impressed with the facilities. The pool was large enough and the Heat Experience rooms were interesting. Unfortunately there were no showers next to the pool. The apartments were really spacious and comfortable with a lovely view. The buffet lunch was tasty and more than enough available. The evening meal was SUPERB. I had lamb and veg samosa for starter and duck done 2 ways for main - accompanied by spicy noodles Pak choi and peppers. It was delicious. The down side of the bistro was that the cooking was done in an open kitchen in the bistro. As time went on there was quite a bit of smell and smoke coming into the seating area. I think the kitchen is in too close proximity where people are eating. Couldn't fault the staff - they were all very helpful. Perhaps there could be a separate desk to deal with treatment bookings and queries. The reception desk gets very busy when people are checking in and out. Overall our impression was good and we wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We had a balcony apartment so if one is available it would be recommended.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Titanic was recommended by my best friend, who had stayed a couple of years ago. Myself and my husband booked a special offer the 'january revivers' which was £109 each for overnight stay, lunch, dinner and breakfast, use of gym and the pool, use of the heat and ice experience and a 55mins treatment valued in the brochure for £80. We booked it as im really ill at the minute waiting for an operation and needed cheering up and a bit of relaxation. Its certainly not something we can afford every month but the deal we got was very good value indeed. We were really impressed by how helpful and polite the staff were. Everywhere was super squeaky clean and very relaxed environment. The pool was nice and quiet so loads of room to swim a bit chilly after a while though and the jacuzzi is only the same temp as the pool :( which is a bit too cold. The heat and ice experience is fantastic, really good fun and very private which we were surprised by (we had no more than 2 to 3 people in a steam room with us at any one time and for a good hour had the whole place to ourselves which was ace)! The plunge pool was the hubby's favourite (strangely) I loved the steam rooms although one of them think it was the aromatherapy room smelled rather unpleasant. We had a small complaint re one of the saunas where it became faulty but our complaint was dealt with very quickly and professionally and we received a discount voucher for future visit for our troubles. There are racks of clean towels everywhere for swapping as and when you want. Customer service was top notch at all times. We really enjoyed our Elemis body and face sensation, it was so relaxing and calming and the facial part of the treatment has worked wonders on my complexion, I'm really pleased with it. The young lady who did my treatmentwas a lovely girl, really friendly and made me feel relaxed and did a super job.The lunch was really nice, very healthy foods, although no drinks are included in the price we paid so we paid 2.95 each for a fruit smoothie. Dinner again was great although had to pay for our drinks again but it was good we even paid the extra for my hubby to have an extra course as he saw the choices of desserts and couldnt resist. Waiter service was good, very nice people. Our room was a fantastic 2 bedroomed, 2 bathroomed palace....it was huge!! We walked around for 10 mins in amazement at it. The decoration looked rather new, the furniture was plush and the bed was without doubt the comfiest I've ever slept on! :) you are provided with lots of coffee, tea, sugar and milk and yummy biscuits and the kitchen is fantastic with dishwasher. The bathrooms were really nice and clean. it's a shame the check out time is 10am that's a down point as I felt I could have stayed more relaxed if i Could have checked out at say 12pm even if it meant I didn't get my room keys til say 5pm on arrival rather than 2pm, I'd prefer the extra time to relax the day after. Overall it was really good and such a relaxing day/night, it looked beautiful outside with the snow, it's a shame it is quite pricey ordinarily but ill certainly be looking out for a deal like this again as it really is very good value for money when you get a decently priced deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SarahSol1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
#10 of 17 in Huddersfield
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!