“Defo go again.....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Clean, trendy fab experience....all friendly staff, good food, friendly atmospher.....A must!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Titanic Spa Apartments

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Got bought this overnight stay as a Christmas present. It's a fantastic old building and its looks from the outside are quite deceiving. We got there on a Saturday morning about 11:30. Got greeted by some very helpful and friendly reception staff who booked us in, gave us our robes & slippers and took our bag off us for safe keeping as our room wasn't available until 2pm.

We'd just missed the Welcome drink but we weren't too bothered about this so off we set to visit the heat treatment rooms. There's a good variety of Sauna's, steam rooms and aromatherapy rooms to have a go at. There's a cold water plunge pool and some foot spas to massage your tired feet in along with a couple of showers and a cold water bucket! Brrrrr!

There's also a nice size pool plus another sauna & steam room. A gym is also available for you to use.

The times of our meals were ideal for us. Lunch was not until 2pm and Dinner was at 8pm. This was great because it gave us plenty of time to go around the heat treatment rooms before eating. (Not sure I'd want to get all hot & sweaty after eating somehow). An 8pm dinner was also good as it means you're not having to rush back to your apartment to get changed too early. Some lunches & dinner sittings were at 12 noon and 6pm respectively which would have been a bit too early for us.

The food there is excellent though. I could have easily eaten everything on the menu - it all sounded great and looked delicious! Drinks are a little on the expensive side (but what restaurants aren't) but it was a treat so we didn't mind too much. The waiters & waitresses are pleasant and chatty and want to know if you are having a good time.

Apartments are very nice too. Very spacious, split over 2 floors with everything you need - fully fitted kitchen, dining table, comfy sofa, big TV in lounge, kingsize bed (+tv) and lovely bathroom filled with complimentary Elemis products.

All-in-all a very nice time was had. Felt very chilled out away from the normal routine and NO KIDS !! :-)

Would definately go back!

Room Tip: Try and get a 2pm lunch and an 8pm dinner slot - you'll feel like you've got more time to re...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonnyTripper
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband booked a one night stay for my birthday. Having read trip advisor reviews prior to my stay, I was slightly worried about visiting the Titanic Spa. I am the kind of guest who looks for problems with the accommodation and level of service. At the Titanic Spa, I found both impeccable and couldn't find fault with anything. I was very impressed..! From the smiling girls on reception who couldn't do enough for us, the delicious lunch provided upon arrival, the large clean apartment and of course the facilities and treatments, to the complimentary glass of champagne at dinner (because it was my birthday) I was really impressed. Dinner was wonderful.. all home made in a tiny kitchen where the staff seemed happy. The facilities were great.. loved the pool, sauna, steam room not to mention the wonderful treatments. I had the Pinks one hour massage which was magical. I also had an indian head massage which was very relaxing. My advice to Titanci spa staff.. keep smiling and being helpful.. and don't change anything, it works. The Titanic Spa is northern hospitality at it's best. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spageej
Reviewed October 29, 2011

One night simply spa stay amazing value we booked the 2 for 1 deal on the internet. Welcome drink on arrival, robes and slippers relaxing from the first minute you arrive. Swimiing pool, heat and ice treatments, lunch, dinner at night and an apartment with breakfast next morning. So good booked to go back in December. Excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent as far as I know, all are apartments with kitchens.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine267
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I went for a one night stay with use of the Heat Experience (sauna, steam, ice room), gym and swimming pool. From arrival I was greeted with a welcome drink and the reception received by the staff was wonderful.

The accomodation was wonderful, staying in an apartment with a balcony and sound of the River Colne at the bottom of the valley. The apartment was kitted out with everything you may need and had full cooking equipment (although not used as we had lunch, dinner and breakfast included in the package).

The food was simply amazing and was quite possibly some of the best food I have ever had, I am a vegetarian and when I asked what the options were at lunch the chef came out to see me to make sure I was happy and my dietary requirement was met! Wonderful service!

I didn't actually get any treatments as I thought they were overpriced and not very competitive. I did get my haircut in the hairdressers on site though and was very happy with this (it even included a head massage!).

I can't wait to visit again and next time will make it longer.

Room Tip: The apartment I stayed in was over two floors so if you struggle with stairs you may need to let the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GreenerHaze
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Felt a little wary of security as the balcony doors didn't lock - easily accessible for the adjoining apartment to access if they were that way inclined.
oven was hard to operate, the apartment in general was quite unclean - hair & crumbs on the floors and sofas, bath had hair in, hairs in the bed, the showers both leaked. the floors in the bathroom were treacherous because of the leaking showers, some of the apartment furnishings and finishings were quite worn (toilet roll holders falling off, paintwork scuffed etc), the good side of the apartment was it was quiet & had amazing views across the valley (we were on the top floor) & canal, very spacious & good tv with lots of channels, breakfast was fresh fruit, croissants & cereal, fruit juice, tea & coffee, all which is ready for you in your room. The lunch & dinner menu & food good, the staff were friendly & nothing seemed too much trouble & one in particular named Gemma was really friendly & brought fresh bread & jacket potatoes to our table as they had run out at our lunchtime slot, wine is around £15 per bottle, but we had brought our own for drinking in our room later & it was nicely chilled in the fridge when we got back. We had a smoothie with our lunch they are around £3.50 which was very nice & refreshing The spa it's self is just wonderfull, steam rooms & aromatheraphy room are really good & the pool is a good size, didn't try the gym as intended too busy doing the relaxing things & didn't have any treatments either but all the rooms & therapists seemed busy.
The apartments standard of cleanliness has not put us off wanting to go again at a later date, as we all enjoyed the overnight stay & the spa rooms. But would only do it when there are offers on as it is expensive otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rockrose
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Not much more to add to the previous comments from twixtthepennines. Just returned from an overnight break, had a wonderfully relaxing time, beautiful apartment, lovely food. Nothing to much trouble for the staff who were very welcoming and well organised. The Heat Experience was a little noisy at first but if you mention it to the staff they are happy to ask people to talk quietly. (The notice on the door does say Quiet Zone - please take note...Spa = Relaxation and Quiet). The relaxation room is wonderful. It was hard to drag myself out of the beanbag beds.

If I have to write anything negative (which would be hard) all I could say is that the venting system for the bistro should perhaps be checked. Eau de curry in the first ladies changing room is not a smell I would connect with a spa experience!!

All in all though well done Titanic Spa. I will definitely be back, hopefully for two nights next time. One night is certainly not enough.

A big thank you to all your wonderfull, well organised and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UkPookie43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!