All reviews town centre velux window full size fridge iron and ironing board free wifi car park excellent hotel train station powerful shower clean hotel top floor good size large tv booked this hotel excellent breakfast excellent value single room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Comfortable, clean, good breakfast and excellent beds. We use for visiting family in Huddersfield. Easy to access in evening, self service breakfast has wide choice and lift goes to car park under hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

The Cambridge ticked all the boxes for an overnight business trip. Convenient location, comfortable room, quiet area, friendly staff and a quality breakfast. In addition, a good bar and the chicken curry was excellent! All-in-all, a very pleasant stay at a reasonable price.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2019

I have travelled to Huddersfield for the past five years to attend the annual Grand Northern Ukulele Festival. I have stayed each year at the Cambridge Hotel. Without fail, this hotel always comes up trumps!! The staff are welcoming, efficient and always ready to help. This year was no exception. My room was comfortable, spotlessly clean and well-equipped (hairdryer, iron, safe, fridge) and the bed gave me three very restful night's sleep.

The breakfasts, at £6.50, are superb value and the hot dishes are regular replenished with tasty, well-cooked food.

One incident during this year's stay illustrates the hotel's attention to detail. While using the downstairs bar one night, I visited the adjacent disabled toilet and I noticed that the soap dispenser was very low. I informed the reception desk on my way back to the bar. Ten minutes later I realised I'd left my walking stick in the toilet. When I went to retrieve it, the dispenser had already been refilled.

All I can say is 5 visits - 5 very pleasant stays - 5 stars!

Highly recommended!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

We Stayed here to attend a recent football game.
The Reception staff were very friendly and professional, the room was of a decent size and very clean, the bed was comfy and the shower pressure was perfect.
Larger secure Parking onsite.
The location was ideal only a short walk into town.
We would not hesitate booking here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2019

A group of 10 of us arrived at 10.30 am on Saturday 4th May. We expected to be sitting about for a few hours before we could check in but all the rooms were ready for us. The 2 girls on reception were very friendly and pleasant.. Each room had a double and single bed, a good powerful shower, fridge, safe, large tv, iron and ironing board plus all the usual things needed. Everything in the room was spotless. Every person in our party thought the same about The Cambridge Hotel. Very well priced, clean and had everything we needed. Only 1 of us tried the breakfast and he thought it was lovely. Great value for money. I would certainly recommend staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends