“Excellent value for money”
Review of Cambridge Hotel

Cambridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Needed a stay-over when visiting Huddersfield for a football match at the John Smith Stadium. Very impressed with this hotel. Good on site parking and a warm welcome. We were shown to our room - not huge but very well equipped and clean with a kingsize bed, fridge, safe, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities and very good wi-fi (included in the price of the room) There is a good bar with friendly service and the freshly cooked breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We were in Room 83 (think this was part of the original building). The room was not huge but very c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we stayed at the Cambridge hotel on the 08/02/14 and were very impressed the hotel and rooms were very clean and to high standards, rooms equipped with TV, Hairdryer, iron & ironing board, safe, very comfortable beds great nights sleep. the staff service was excellent very courteous polite and would go out of there way to help. We came back in the evening to have a meal very nice menu highly recommended, food was beautifully prepared and presented excellent. the Hotel price was very good the total cost for our overnight stay was just over £100 this included the double Room, 2 x Breakfast, 2 x Evening meals and all our bar drinks in the evening.
the hotel is ideally situated just 5 minutes walk from the town centre and railway station.
it was raining so we got a taxi into the town at a cost of £3.50, nice short walk back later a straight road from the hotel to the town.

Room Tip: ask to stay in the new wing of the building we had room 16 excelent
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our first visit to Huddersfield where we enjoyed a one night stay at Cambridge Hotel. Clean, spacious, comfortable and well equipped rooms. Freshly cooked breakfast, service top marks.
Will surely visit again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was a most pleasant hotel in which to stay. I booked a single room but was given one suitable for three people. It had all the usual facilities but I was heartened to see tea and coffee available plus an iron and ironing board. The staff were welcoming, pleasant and efficient and the room was clean, tidy and well prepared for my arrival. There is also a restaurant where evening meals are available. I had an excellent and very filling fish and chips (so much so I could not face breakfast in the morning - much to my chagrin). For this half board (although only booked B&B) I paid just over £60. Excellent value. There is also a bar area where it is possible to have a meal. I chose The Cambridge because it was relatively close to the railway station. It is about a 10 minute walk but the route is easy to follow. I should add that WiFi is available and it was included in the price of my room. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are planning a stay in Huddersfield.

Room Tip: If I had one note of wariness, it is that my room was on the side of the hotel and it was a little n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2014

As an overseas visitor with a last minute walk-in reservation over the Christmas period, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The receptionist checked me in quickly and highlighted the facilities available. Bar staff were polite and attentive on a very quiet night. I stayed in a room on the top floor with skylight in the roof offering good night time views. The room was immaculate and very modern- extremely good value for the rate I paid. I've stayed in several higher rated hotels and paid considerably more, for a lot less than what the Cambridge offered.

The highlight of my stay was breakfast. The chef was very polite and friendly, asking me if I had stayed before - when I explained I hadn't, she kindly and quickly explained the lay out and asked me my hot drink order. After a delicious freshly ground coffee, and helping myself to a huge selection of cereals, breads and fruit, I ordered the full English breakfast. I enjoyed being able to watch the morning news as well as my breakfast being cooked up in the spotlessly clean kitchen. Breakfast was delivered quickly despite a number of other guests ordering at the same time and was well presented, with generous portions and tasted delicious!

I would definitely recommend staying here, particularly for anyone arriving from the nearby train station and looking for a hassle free and friendly place to stay.

A big thank you to the staff for an example of customer service how it should be, regardless of the the number of guests or time of year

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Close to the centre, about 5 minutes walk set in a quiet side street this hotel is one of the cleanest and good value hotels that I have stayed at. The bedroom was large and very comfatable with a very large bed. The fridge in the room was a nice bonus and the room also had a free safe and a large flat screen TV. Helpful staff and a 24hr bar if you need it. Quite location with on site parking.
Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 43 on the top floor which has a roof light window only but it opens to let the air...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CurryAddict
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here to attend a rugby league world cup game at Huddersfield stadium. I was very impressed with the standard of the hotel and the quality of the rooms. The staff were always on hand and extremely helpful despite the hotel being very busy, with lots of other rugby fans arriving at the same time.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again in travelling to Huddersfield in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends