“Nice atmosphere but a bit pricey”
Review of The Keys

The Keys
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lovely location and atmosphere but slightly expensive, i would save for special occasions. A good variety on the menu but not enough choice for vegetarians.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I visited here with a groupon. A main & a desert each. It was really busy when we arrived so it seemed to take a while to get our main but was probably only 20 mins.

I ordered the slow cooked belly pork, my husband ordered the braised beef with a herb dumpling. The trimmings were the same for both meals (chive mash, baby carrots, parsnips, gravy). Both of us agreed they were absolutely worth the wait! The meals were absolutely delicious with meats cooked absolutely beautiful. The veg were lovely as well.

For desert, I went back to my school days & had ginger sponge & custard, the hubby had bakewell tart & custard. The custard was quite thick & I wasn't sure I would like it but I did & devoured the lot as did my hubby.

The only cash we had to spend was for drinks, I had a small glass of wine (£3.30) and the hubby had a "Golcar Beer" (£3.75).

We left there feeling suitably stuffed. We would definitely go back again, groupon or not. Great service, courteous staff but not intrusive & some fabulous food makes a lovely afternoon for us.

2  Thank joannet3
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went here on Saturday for a lite lunch with my mother.
When we saw the menu and the food comming out of the kitchen we decided to have the 3 course's.
What can I say..the food and service are Absolutely Fabulous.
The portions are huge, the food is cooked to perfection, the surroundings are beautifull to say it is in an old crypt beneath a church.
The staff were polite and catered to you every need.
Not much more too say...........JUST GO !!!!

1  Thank Juehc2
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just had a delicious lunch here. Can recommend the roast beef, the salmon and the creme brûlée. Very friendly staff and pleasant surroundings. Hope to be back soon!

2  Thank MrandMrsMWarwick
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I were on a day out in Huddersfield (yes, really - there's some fab Victorian architecture!) and had no specific plan for lunch, so just went into The Keys entirely by chance. The place was buzzing but we received a warm welcome and were shown immediately to a table for 6 - we were warned that we might need to share with another couple later but that never happened. The specials list provided us with plenty of choice - in fact from the 6 (?), there were at least 3 dishes we'd have readily selected. Good local (bottled) beer. Substantial portions and absolutely delicious, and then the puds were just too tempting not to try. A choice of warm or cold milk with our cafetiere of coffee. We felt entirely relaxed and confident that the service was well-managed and efficient, no worry that we'd been forgotten, empty plates removed quickly but not too much so, other tables cleared and relaid speedily and tidily. This turned out to be a surprisingly great lunch.

2  Thank Inthebook