“Fantastic”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Luton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is something very different and out of the ordinary, as Indian restaurants go, the food is second to none, the atmosphere is very relaxed, service is efficient. Just remember to book as it is very popular.

• Czech first
Hitchin
“I can't understand why this place has such good reviews!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Only been once and will never go again! The food was terrible - the worst Indian food I have ever tasted! We went in a large group - service was ridiculously slow and when the food came it was basically all the same. I think they had one pot of sauce and tried to pass it off as everything on the menu. It was truly disgusting!

• Visited September 2012
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant service and Superb food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visited last night after reading on this website it was no . 1 in Luton. My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and asked for a table without a reservation . we arrived at 7.45 and were seated and had our food by 8. We had the king platter which was divine . Overall a fabulous experience.

1 Thank Bokkie2
“What did I order???!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was mediocre and the staff could barely understand basic English and when we asked the manager a question regarding a dietary requirement he was rude in his response. We came here following the many positive reviews on the restaurant and were incredibly disappointed.

When we got the bill there were an extra three drinks added to the bill. The manager had the cheek to try and charge us for two drinks that the waiter spilt all over our table. Such a ridiculous experience. Will not be eating or recommending this place ever. This place just try and find different ways to scam extra money out of you.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my second time here, I vowed to return after the the excellent meal I had the first time.

This visit I had the Aloo Gobi Adraki and my colleague the Paneer Kofta Curry. Both were superb and were good sized portions. Service was good and friendly. The overall price including drinks was reasonable and was no more than I have paid at much lesser restaurants elsewhere in Luton.

Papa J's is an exceptional Indian restaurant and I will, without doubt, be visiting for a third time in the near future.

1 Thank Daniel U