“Great food, very helpful staff.”

Papa J's Indian Tapas Restaurant Bar Luton
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Luton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Great food, very helpful staff.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the chilli lamb tapas as a starterand this was sensational - spicy and great, well flavoured lamb in which I could taste the spices and meat flavour. I had egg rice, hot lamb curry main (I forget the name of the dish) and yellow lentil dahl. The portions are very big, so I had over-ordered. Everything was well balanced so that individual spices and flavours came through and all tasted great. The staff were attentive and paid close attention to my request forno artificial colours. I will definitely be back on my next Luton trip.

1 Thank tlj712

• Czech first
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Back again...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's now gotten to the point that I plan my trips to the area in such a way that I can get to Papa Js each time. This is my 3rd meal here, and each time has been brilliant. It's definitely a different style of Indian food, but I think it's brilliant.

1 Thank Bob V
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited for her birthday and having never been here before we were very impressed. We were seated quickly, and after pondering the menu for a while our waiter was very helpful in helping us decide how much to order. When the food arrived it was beautiful, all was very tasty, the portion sizes were good and the presentation top notch. We ordered some extras after we started which came very quickly, and generally the service was excellent. The only two points I have were where we were seated which was next to a couple who kept staring at us throughout our meal which was very annoying, and we would have preferred to have sat elsewhere. Secondly that the heat levels on the menu would be better a little bigger, because although we can handle heat, all 3 of the tapas we ordered were all quite hot, as well as the chilli cheese naan (which is so beautiful by the way) and we could have done with a little less heat in one maybe. Overall though we had a great night, good was beautiful, and the we were looked after like royalty, definitely worth more visits! Thankyou Papa J's!

1 Thank Mattbear
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime Menu”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a nice lunch here today from the lunchtime deal menu, I took vegetarian menu, my wife had lamb. Great value: curry, dal, rice, salad, naan and ice cream at £5.99, didn't look much but it was plenty!

I've been curious to try Papa J's out for ages, found the food authentic tasting. Will definitely go back for a blowout some time.

Tralee, Ireland
“Trendy Tapas Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was a great discovery...just stumbled across it whilst looking for an Indian Restaurant in Luton. Really recommend it. Decor is fab....food was great and service was excellent. Staff were really nice and friendly.

• Visited June 2013