“So disappointing!”

Man Ho Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 334 Restaurants in Luton
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Man Ho Luton has been established since 1984 and is renowned for the best Cantonese and Peking cuisine in town. We don't just serve great food here but take pride in providing excellent service and a friendly atmosphere. We have regular party events on Friday and Saturday nights. Our party organisers can plan any occasion for up to 100 people. Acts such as Elvis, Michael Buble and Dolly Parton perform throughout the year. We are also family friendly, and feel we are the perfect venue for a family gathering. Open on bank holidays from 1pm - 10pm. Man Ho caters for dietary requirements such as Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Wheat Free and Halal (Chicken and Lamb). - Contact Cora to let her know your needs.
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The Man Ho is a restaurant I've been to many times but not in the last couple of years. It was always somewhere to go as a special treat with fantastic service, ambiance and quality of food. How disappointing then to visit at the weekend and see how much it has deteriorated. The decor has become tired and worn, in dire need of money spent on it. The service was almost non existent to the point I was beginning to feel invisible when trying to get the attention of a member of staff. The food was bland, cold plates and serving dishes. I ordered a glass of house wine to try before ordering a bottle, it was so cold I had to check they hadn't mistakenly given me Rose, no definitely red! I chose a more expensive bottle and requested it wasn't cold, when given the unopened bottle to check bit was just as cold, the owner claiming it's not their fault, it was very cold outside! Of course the real problem was that it was actually very cold in the restaurant, my partner never took her scarf off all night and other people in the restaurant kept their coats on even the owner had to put a large woollen scarf on.
Unfortunately, I think this very successful restaurant is living on it's reputation and now only really catering and suitable as a party venue.
Come on Man Ho, please restore it to the lovely dining experience it once was.

1  Thank Martin_Sue10

Reviewed October 6, 2011

it puzzles me on trip advisor when certain places I know to be very good have poor ratings and the Man Ho is one of them
I have been here on many birthday and anniversary type parties,friends from norway and scotland loved the elvis and abba nights
the food although good is not exceptional,but the whole package,with service,entertainment and food is very good value
some items on the menu are always good, some are not to my tatste
crispy aromatic duck is excellent,Singapore noodles,prawn on toast,chicken satay, salt and pepper squid is a firm favorite of ours,also chilli chicken is good
it is and alway has been the best chinese restaurant in luton,hands down
the minimum takeaway delivery order is £25 but we can easily do £35 on a friday

2  Thank lutonlagerlout
Reviewed September 28, 2011

This used to be one of my favourite restaurants in Luton but it went downhill in terms of quality for quite a long period of time. It is, however, now back to its best. The quality of the food is much improved with fresh aromatic flavours pervading the dishes.

The Man Ho is now back on my eating out list, especially as they do great early bird and lunch deals (make sure you ask to see the early bird or lunch menu as it's not always on the table).

Comfortably the best Chinese restaurant in Luton

2  Thank LutonOssie
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We had a brief stay in Luton due to some unfortunate events. We needed a place to eat and chose the Man Ho being that we were craving an Asian cuisine. First off the establishment itself is very clean and welcoming. There wasn't much of a crowd but were greeted by smiling faces. It has been a couple of months since my visit but we enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and the music.

2  Thank RogerG5
Reviewed August 9, 2010

always a great night out

1  Thank LutonUkLyndyloub