“Truly a 5star luxury hotel”

Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night at work conference - estate is huge. Had meetings at the stable block then event was in rooms at Warren Weir annexe - grreat dinner and excellent service. Fleet of own taxis to transfer you between parts of the estate - novel!

Room was in garden block - modern building but traditional huge room - had little garden terrace, bathroom with his/hers sinks and walk in shower.

Nice little touches - complimentary bottled water, cafetiere coffee in room, Molton brown toiletries.

Breakfast was conference style in morning- a bit underwhelming but sure of was an independent guest would have been 1st class.

Great full gym and pool. Was empty at 7am. Overall - definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,971)

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I was lucky enough to stay at Luton Hoo for a work event. As you approach, the grounds are immaculate and the buildings are stunning.

The interior is again stunning and the rooms were a good size with the most comfortable bed you could imagine.

The food, albeit a corporate event, was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

One word of warning, If you need to use say nav to find the location, be wary of using the postcode as I found myself 4 miles away at the back of the estate.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the mansion house and dined in the Werner restaurant in the evening. The staff are, as always, very attentive, the food is superb and the bedroom large and well appointed. I cannot recommend Luton Hoo highly enough. The mansion house and grounds are sublime. We married here four years ago and the day was incredible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a great hotel with good staff and great bedrooms. The breakfast is excellent and the staff are very helpful but they need to sort out staffing and food during big event dinners for large numbers as I was bumped into several times by waiters and waitresses who were presumably contract staff brought in for the event and who were definitely not up to the standard of the regular staff. The food in the dining room was good but the food during the event dinner was not as good. The Brasserie is also good.

Room Tip: Our room was great
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just return from the Luton Hoo. My husband was on a business trip so I decided to tag along and see family who lives close by. First of all the grounds are beautiful and the drive up to the Mansion was beyond amazing. This place would be gorgeous for a wedding. The bellman and doorman were all friendly and helpful. The Front Desk agents were not particularly warm and fuzzy - very cold, but not rude. We were then driven to our room in the Flower Garden building. I think our driver's name was James. He was friendly and answer any and every questions. Very friendly guy!! The food and the Bistro was sometimes salty, nothing special about the food, but it was just good. I am rating a four, because they have room to improve. My biggest challenges were our keys stopped working more than 3 times in the 2 days we spend at the hotel. Ok...I work in hotel and as a matter of fact, I am a Front Desk Manager. I know that keeping the keys away from magnet etc...These weren't even the typical key card with the magnetic strips. Whenever we would call we would receive no apologies from the front desk. It's usually the first thing you do when something has gone wrong for your guest. Overall, though I had time and enjoyed my stay, I just wasnt blown away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

You may think these criticisms nit-picking, and for a cheaper hotel I would not make them. But at £700 a night a hotel should be virtually perfect. Luton Hoo was not.

First, to be fair, the good parts: The hotel is basically an elegant stately home in superb condition and immaculately maintained. It and the grounds are truly beautiful. You might find some of the reproduction paintings a bit naff, but they work from a distance. There is definitely a "wow" factor.

The rooms are huge, with proper wine in the mini-bar. The bathroom freebies are of superb quality. The beds and pillows are huge and comfortable. Best of all, there is proper air-conditioning. Essential for a hot English summer and it cannot have been easy or cheap to fit unobtrusively in a house of this age.

Now we go down hill slightly. The food in the restaurant is not perfect, but I would still rate it very good. The service less so. Although friendly enough, it is a bit unprofessional. I am not talking only of serving from the wrong side, but of leaning in front of diners to serve others, crashing the dessert trolley into a chair without apologising and so forth. Not a big deal in a cheap curry house, but not appropriate here. Long waits for service as no one was watching the room, and we never did get the milk for the tea, despite asking three times over 20 mins. Most of the waiters were very smart, but one or two were distinctly scruffy, with laddered tights and food-stained waistcoats.

Room service was also very slow. Almost an hour to get our order, and it was wrong when it came. We ate it anyway. Perhaps they misheard.

There is NO WI-FI in the rooms. Come on! This is 2012. The hard-wired Internet connection is £20 a day! They could not throw that in free at £700 a day for the room?

The TV channel selection is good, but the system was off and on during our stay. "Technical problems" we were told, and perhaps it was a one-off.

The porters and front desk employees are great though. Helpful and friendly.

Would still go there again, but at this level of the market they need to take it up a notch.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ubnay
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I went to Luton Hoo for an anniversary weekend with another couple. As you drive up through the grounds there is a wow factor as you first see the house and it's just as good when you get in. Staff were very friendly and our room, which was on the 2nd floor with a balcony overlooking the ornamental garden was beautiful. We have been to a number of good hotels throughout the world and this is a grand English example, no wonder it has been used by the film industry for films such as Pride and Prejudice, a perfect period hotel. The only adverse comment would be regarding the noise from Luton airport and the M1, neither of which is the fault of the hotel as it pre-dates both. It's not that bad and its worth putting up with and certainly you don't get the noise inside the hotel. Gardens are beautiful and worth a wander around and we enjoyed playing croquet on the graden. Didn't use the spa facilities but the looked good albeit on the expensive side. A lovely place to spend a celebration weekend.

Room Tip: Room 23 on 2nd floor had a lovely large balcony overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Sopwell House
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
The Leaside Hotel
The Leaside Hotel
#4 of 27 in Luton

Been to Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!