“An Excellent Gem of a Hotel!”

Luton Hotel Residence
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We happened to find this hotel by chance, as we needed a long term place to stay whilst our house was under repair. From day one I was bowled over by the friendly staff and the hotel itself. The staff are the key point to this hotel, every member I spoke to went out of their way to help and accommodate us throughout. The quality of the rooms are quite good, but the are dated. However, the price you pay for the amenities you receive is fantastic. You get a kitchenette area with hob, fridge and microwave which really helps you to save money and feel slightly better about living away from home for so long
Also, the flexibility of paying was a huge plus point, as we were staying on a TBA basis and weren't sure when we would eventually leave. The staff once again were fantastic in helping us feel at ease and accommodating our needs, superb!
The cleaners were a bit sporadic however. Cleaners come once a week for the deep clean in the long stay section, but they never came on a set day. They also came at strange times during the day to empty the bins, but this wasn't a massive issue as we were usually at work.
The only snag for me was in the long term residence where we stayed, we were right by the door, and people would unfortunately slam the door on exit. However, I am being very picky here and this is not the fault of the hotel or its staff. (There is a sign on the door asking residents not to slam the door)
Overall, the facilities, price and staff in my mind make this one of the best places to stay. Definite value for money.
I would like to thank Will and Zaid for making us feel at home during our stay, a testament to the hotel! They were always a phone call away and ensured any issues we had were resolved immediately.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WMC87

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the most AWFUL accomadation that I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a TRIPLE FAMILY ROOM! IT WAS TERRIBLE !! IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR FAMILIES! aND WE WERE TOLD BY THE HOTEL THAT IT WAS!! When I made the making I specifically wrote to the reservations dept of the hotel. Informing then that we are a family of 2 adults and 2 small children, and that we would need a cot. I also asked if the room is big enough for a fmily with children, and they said 'yes'. When I arrived at the hotel I was shocked, as I immediately felt that we had been TRICKED into booking with them! The room as TINY, it only had enough space for a double bed and 1 sinlge bed. There was a very small wardrobe, which was broken and leaning to one side! But you could not open the wardrobe as the room was SO SMALL that the bed was pushed against the wardrobe, as there was not enought space in the room, so that it was nearly impossible to open. So even though they had a wardrobe in the room you COULD NOT open it as the bed was pushed against it!!!! So what use was there to have a wardrobe in that room, if you could not use it?

The worst for me was the cot, I looked around the room when they bought the travel cot to the room wondering WHERE the cot would go, as the room was so tiny. The cot was old and in bad condition something thatI was VERY unhappy for my baby to sleep in.We could not get the cot to stay fixed as it kept on folding in. all the time, so we had a wonkle cot! I asked the cleaner WHERE she was going to put the cot and even she looked around the room, with an expression on her face as if she had no idea where the cot would fit! She suggested near the kichenette, in the kitchen area, next to the kitchen cooker/ stove and fridge!!! We immediately said ´NO´ how can we put our baby next to the kitchen stove at night to sleep!!! So, she said that she would take us to another building where they had other rooms.
This was just as bad or worse than the first room that we had been showed. As the one bedroom apartment had really STEEP stairs with no gate/ door or barrier stopping the children from falling down them and having a serious accident, there were at least 20 stairs!!

But the worst of it all was that, that was going to be the area where the children were going to sleep!!!!! In the small kitchen area next to the steep stairs!! And once again next to the kitchen stove! I could not believe that they did not think that this was a very dangerous place to put 2 small children, as if my daughter were to wake up at night in the dark, she could easily fall down the stairs and seriously hurt herself. We immediately said ´no´that both accomadation was just as bad as the other, but as the other accomadation had no stairs then we would stick with that one.
We were so angry, as i had took a long time to chose the accomadation and had written serveral emails to the hotel. I had rang the hotel and spoken to the receptionists . I had looked on Booking.com and various other webpages and EVEN the hotel´s own webpage and the reviews and the ratings seemed ok. I felt TRICKED! I had been TRICKED, as that was NOT what we were seeing, that is not what the rooms look like. the rooms in the fotos look 2 times as big than they actually are! The pictures on the website are NOT the same as the accomadation at all. We had MOULD on the bathroom celing in the bathroom, the carpet was old and dirty, I did not want to walk on it bare foot. The shower was not clean, there were hairs in the shower and the kettle had paper or something floating in the water. We had no place to put are suitcases in the room, with the suitacases on the floor was had NO ROOM to WALK!! We were told to put the suitcases under the bed , but they would not fit. It was a HORRIBLE experience, my husband would wake in the morning itchy from sleeping in the bed, and we could not wash the children not even in the shower as it was too small! A nightmare hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GermanyMary
LHR2011, Manager at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

MANAGEMENT DECLINE to respond to this review as the family in question resorted to blackmail with aggressive behaviour. Legal action may be taken, so we wish to deal with this appropriately.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our company is just 3 mins walking distance from the hotel, we always have many visitors and I put them in Luton Hotel Residence all the time. It's value for money, the service is good, and location is convenient too, close to town centre and restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here for a whole week, while we were looking for a flat to live here in Luton. We got what we where looking for: a good hotel with a small kitchen in the bedroom.
Thanks to this hotel we were not in a hurry to find a permanent place, and we managed to find a good property.
In addition, the hotel staff was really nice, friendly and helpful. They made us feel like we were at home.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2014

been working luton last 12 weeks,stayed at luton hotel residence,3 off us first class and basker really professional to deal with would recommend,not nice working away from home but made easier with decent accommodation

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a work do, because it was cheap. Room was clean though basic, much better than expected, good location. Would stay again. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Had previously used Easyhotel for similar price, but get Windows, bigger room, TV and kitchen facilities so much better deal.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mitler
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A lovely family run hotel residence in central Luton. I stayed here whilst working in the town and loved the option of being able to cook for myself as I was staying for two months. The staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. I would thoroughly recommend it !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sergio R
LHR2011, Owner at Luton Hotel Residence, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to give as best an experience that is possible within a tight budget. We hope to see you again soon!