“Go Elsewhere”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Eastern England
“Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed here a few years back before March 2010 (earliest I could use) and before it was on Trip advisor, but it was just as bad back then. I would endorse all the negatives, filthy accommodation, ridiculously tiny bathroom and bedrooms.

The fact that there are no staff on site is quite disconcerting too, especially as the hotel is very isolated.

I'm not sure why it is pushed as an 'airport hotel' - you need a car to get there (difficult to find) and the taxi fare adds quite a bit to your costs. If this is your purpose for staying, there are plenty of good hotels at the airport, which, looking at the KW's current prices, would be cheaper and offer far superior accommodation. In my experience it is not a convenient hotel for the airport.

I would like to reiterate our stay was a few years ago, but very much in line with subsequent comments.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank lincolnshireposy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
luton
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Went to the restaurant today, absolutely discusting, dirty, sticky floors, looked dirty in general, went to order food at the bar , menus were absolutely dirty never been wiped, poor service, sort staffed, then i saw a mouse !!!!! told the bar lady but they didnt seem to do anything about it.Luckly didnt order food as was told the restaurant was shut after 14.30.
absolutely appauling place. Not worth eating in there you definately will be ill after, needs closing down. Def needs an inspection.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank willangelcake

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Scotland
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Seriously, this was the only way I got through the night.

This place was the worst place I've ever stayed in (and I'm not a 5star man - far from it).

Terrible mattrass, wafer-thin pillow, paper-thin walls and completely flithy. I walked from my bed to the toilet (about three steps) and back and my feet were covered in dust and hair.

There was no onsite staff so we could change room when our neighbours kept us up - I'm not talking about banging headboards - we could hear them breaking wind!

I'm a very positive person and always look for the good points, but it is hard with this place... But here goes - the pub itself was OK and the pub grub was acceptable.

Phew - that was hard to type!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Im-a-mountain
East Lothian
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Tiny, filthy bedroom - had to put our bags under the bed to give us some space & they came out covered in thick dust. You couldn't even open the bathroom door as the bed was in the way! The bathroom itself was even smaller.... & it was smelly!

Paper thin walls - we could hear our neighbours snoring!

The staff in the ajoining pub were friendly but there were no staff on site after the pub had shut.....just a long list of phone numbers you could try in an emergency....left us feeling isolated & unsafe!

The pub grub was reasonable but I am afraid this is still the worst place I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Morryboo
Southampton
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Read the other reviews and ignored them, but shouldn't have.

The rooms themselves were ok, cheap furniture, cheap tv, cheap decor. The bathrooms were tiny - and I mean tiny. There were two soap dispensers which both were empty, but it was late at night and the staff had finished. The breakfast was some rolls and croissants in plastic bags, with an option of corn flakes.

There was little to no soundproofing, and people walking around could be heard clearly, and loudly.

On a positive note, the pub underneath was ok. The food was excellent, plentiful and would rival many restaurants I have visited. The staff were attentive and helpful.

But do yourself a favour - pay another £20 and go somewhere decent. But pop into the King William for your food on the way.

• Liked — Location to airport and the great food.
  • Disliked — The rooms and lack of soap
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Sapengro
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We thought we would save some money by staying overnight cheaply prior to an early morning flight out of Luton. I'm afraid this hotel is not a good option even at the price: I've seen better rooms at hostels. Unforgivably, the toilet hadn't been flushed after an earlier visit before we were shown to our room: as a result the room stank. The beds had cheap mattresses with a single sheet on top. The room was not clean. We hardly slept. The hosts were not unfriendly -they just don't seem to have a clue how to run a bed and breakfast business.

Do yourself a favour:spend an extra 20 quid and get something half decent.

• Liked — it's a shame: the village location is lovely
  • Disliked — not up to even minimal standards
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank 153greg