“To noisy if you have people above you”

Premier Inn Luton (Airport) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Luton
London, United Kingdom
“To noisy if you have people above you”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is very clean, staff are great and value for money. Only problem is if you have someone above you the noise from them walking around will wake you up unless you are a very heavy sleeper. You need a top floor room.

Room Tip: Choose top floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed December 10, 2012

In terms of convenience for travelling in and out of London and then heading back up north, this rates very highly. It's superb for Luton Airport Parkway, and taking a train into St Pancras. In the centre in 30 minutes whereas driving would take more like an hour and a half, plus the hassle and expense of parking.

The hotel part is fine, beds are ok, maybe a bit hard, pillows too big, but no huge grumbles.

What upset me this time was the Beefeater restaurant and the very poor service. I had an evening meal there and waited an hour for the food to come. When I chased it up, I was told that they had "lost my ticket". Worse came in the morning, however, with breakfast. They claim it is open from 6.30, but it was more like 6.40 before the man came to unlock the door. There is nowhere to wait, and in freezing temperatures, 10 minutes outside is not a great start to the day. Then when I was finally let in, there was no apology, just a brusque "have you PAID for your breakfast, Sir?"

On check out, I was asked whether everything had been good with my stay. I took this to be a genuine question, so I mentioned my disappointment over the breakfast. Only when I saw the disinterested reaction of the receptionist did I realise that my complaint was falling on deaf ears.

There are another couple of hotels just by Luton parkway. I think I'll try them next time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rybblevalley
nottingham
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed overnight after a late flight back to the UK. A little more than the eight minutes walk from Luton Parkway that is claimed in the hotel info, it is still nevertheless handy for the airport. This hotel is everything that you would expect from a Premier Inn. Clean and comfortable. Usual breakfast although served a short stroll away next door. Excellent value for money. We like the the way you can choose which deal you want and you don't have to commit to breakfast or any meals until you arrive. We'll be returning if we use Luton Airport again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

You kind of know what you're getting with Premier Inn which is why I like them, however, surprisingly for one of the airport ones this Premier Inn doesn't have a shuttle bus that passes en-route to the airport which is a bit of a nuisance. I don't mind trekking back to the train station for the bus but in the rain it's a bit of a pain. Overall facilities are the norm, as is the Beefeater adjacent (nice to have the restaurant but don't expect great grub). But my big beef with this Luton Premier Inn is that I've stayed at it twice, and twice been woken up in the night by the noise of people walking around in the room above me. Surely this isn't normal as I've never had the problem at their other hotels. There must be a serious problem with soundproofing or old floorboards here so my advice would be to bring earplugs. And, annoyingly (or conveniently) upon check in they don't bother to mention their 'good nights sleep' guarantee...which leads me to believe that I'm not the only one who has suffered through a noisy night...I assume they don't mention it lest we all have to get refunded in the morning???

Room Tip: Erm...the top floor...at least that way no one will be walking around above you!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Isla Plana, Spain
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Having visited Premier Inns in other locations this visit was a real eye opener!! On arrival after a very long drive in appaling weather and very tired only to find no receptionist as guess what there are a row of touch screens inviting you to check in !!!! after a few very confusing minutes a staff member arrived at a very small desk and offered to check me in on the touch screen before us however our name didn't register on it so guess what a human being had to do it after all !!!! I know its the age of technology but PLEASE ALLOW US TO HAVE A WARM WELCOMING SMILE ON ARRIVAL AT A PREMIER INN HOTEL as we have had in all our other visitsand not a TOUCH SCREEN . next modern wonder in this Hotel was the toilet tissue dispenser in the bathroom! another symbol of the age gone (a toilet roll holder ) to be replaced by a device that although looking very modern and plastic serves no purpose other than to frustrate the users in trying to operate it (god help you if you are suffering and need a loo quickly) IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO RETRIEVE TOILET TISSUE FROM THIS WONDROUS PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY !!! the next piece of greatness was the fitting of of the electric kettle with the connecting lead to the plug for its power source sited in such a way that you cannot switch the appliance on without trying to twist it around with a very short electric cord attached to allow the appliance to actually operate or for the power light to be viewed to see if there is power to the kettle altho this may be a small inconvenience if you were in a hurry or disabled in any way it could cause a problem so to sum up although it appears that this particular premier Inn has been updated to the age of touch screen and invention PLEASE PUT RECEPTION BACK TO A HUMAN BEING WITH A WARM GREETING AND A VOICE THAT SAYS HELLO AND WELCOME WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY.

Room Tip: If you need a night near your departure airport then go for this but only if you are of the age of s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at this Premier Inn for 2 nights November 23 & 24, Car parking was a breeze.
Found the Staff cheerful and helpful, the automatic chech-in was easy to use, though there was somebody on hand to assist in the event any problem arose.
Room was very clean and tidy, with a massive wall mounted TV,
Tea and Coffee facilities are supplied but if you require more than 2 cups of Tea/Coffee then take your own.
Good value for money as are all Premier inns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Overall our stay pre-flight from Luton was good and convenient. The service at the hotel is really excellent and the rooms are very well appointed for a budget chain with super big Samsung flat screens, tea and coffee.
We took a family room for 4 which was spacious. However, once the lights went out we were all tossing and turning. We all found the beds (which I'm told are Hypnos) unbearably hard. My sons pull out bed had springs which stuck up through the mattress. So we didn't sleep. At all. At around 6am the planes get going and then you might as well get up and leave.
Shame - great hotel - but just get some better mattresses on those beds!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Luton (Airport) Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.