Tripadvisor

Review of The Jolly Topers

The Jolly Topers
Ranked #54 of 370 Restaurants in Luton
Cuisines: Pub
Description: We are a public house serving great food and drinks. Serving people from 0 - 100!
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and good food. In addition to friendly staff. Very enjoyable experience. We will return very shortly!

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at The Jolly Topers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Yasminpythani, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (169)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

We are new to the area, we needed a quick meal to fill our belly’s before the dreaded up packing of boxes, and before the cooker arrives Monday, so we headed to our now Local pub, and we are so so lucky to have this place on our doorstep..

Food amazing, - much better then the wife’s, but please don’t tell her ( ha ha ha) she burns toast..

We had 2 pizzas and 2 portions of fries and well we are both a bit tubby, so our easy meal is Dominos pizza.. but these pizzas are amazing, and even with drinks cheaper then Dominos... I spoke to somebody who said they do take away as well.. so think our new pizza place is here...

Well done, we will be back - food was amazing as well as the service and drinks.

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at The Jolly Topers, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Hi Lee,

Firstly, welcome to the area!
We will happily be your go to place in future, be sure to check the rest of menu out it’s just as good as the pizzas.. we promise!

I do hope the unpacking went well and you’re settled in well.

Hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Despite mixed reviews from others, our family could not fault a thing with our Wednesday night visit.
Our story starts here, Nigel (my husband) came home after a long day in the office and was insistent on the fact that we were going to dinner. After finding my daughter Lucilles shoes and of course the multitude of peppa pig toys (kids, gotta love them). We set off, being very local we opted for an evening stroll (Nigel’s Mondeo is awfully temperamental). Funny really that being so local we’ve never actually eaten here, at times we’ve called in for a drink but never gone for the full dining experience. Well, certainly an error on my part. The food was excellent, the menu varied and the service outstanding. When the bill arrived we were very pleased, great value for money. Next time I think I’ll be having the steak, especially if Nigel’s paying (snickers)
Thanks so much guys, great place to dine and such a genuine manager.

Much like a boomerang, we shall return!

Hi Mary Rose,
Thank you very much for you thorough and heart felt review!

I do hope to see you for that steak soon!

Kindest regards,
Katie.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Popped in for a drink last week food was tempting so had a steak was cooked perfectly will definitely be back

Hi Nickyr,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review!
We’re so glad you enjoyed your time with us, see you soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Popped in for lunch with my elderly grandmother who is quite frail,as soon as we walked in one of the bar staff could see this and helped me get her seated,her name was Kate and as it turned out she was the manager who was very pleasant and professional.
My grandmother ordered the Scampi and I opted for rump steak both of which came to us after approx 15 mins piping hot and looking delicious.
The service,food and price were amazing and will definitely be returning next time I take my grandmother out for lunch as she loved it.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
I am so glad that I could be of service helping your grandmother to her seat, she really is a great character!
Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, hope to see you in the very near future.

Kind regards,