“All you need and more”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Luton
London, United Kingdom
“All you need and more”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three days a week for the last 8 weeks and it really is a little gem as someone earlier called it.
The gym, the free wifi and the cheap car parking all make this the place to be compared to others on the same road.
It has a direct , walkable route to the train station, friendly staff and a good range of foods on offer.
My company recently messed up our hotel booking and the hotel ( having seen us week in and week out) sorted it all out there and then - it's that type of ownership you look for when checking in late at night.
I would recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Candice R
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Candice R,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very glad that your overall experience was up to the expectations.

I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great services.

Thanks again for your positive feedback and hope to welcome you again in near future in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport hotel.

Kashif Rabbani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed on business last night and what a little gem. The hotel is a gem of a property, fantastic location, handy for the M1, airport and train to London. The previous reviews about the station access put me off a little, however the direct access walkway is now OPEN ! Got out of bed, lovely breakfast and straight on the train to London - arrived in half an hour !!
The staff are fabulous too - great property, spotlessly clean and fantastic service all for a great price. I will definitely be back !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ashley G
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Ashley G,

I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great customer services and looking after our guests throughout their stay.

Thanks again for your positive feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport soon.

Alpine, California
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

As a diamond level Hilton honors member I stay at many hotels. This one was one of the better ones.
From the friendly greeting upon arrival, nice clean rooms that are are great size and felt secure. Beds are very comfortable for a good night sleep.
If I had to find one negative thing... There are no restaurants near by... So a long walk or taxi is required.
Keep up the great work!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gary P
Dear Flyboy,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that your overall experience was up to the expectations.

Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We choosed this hotel beacuse I am an HHonours member and we had to catch a flight to Istanbul from the nearby Luton airport.
We stayed on Sunday 17 th March. Arrived by train from London.The hotel is right next to the train station but without direct acess. You must walk about 20 min or spend 5 pounds by taxi.
I booked a pre-paid rate on Hilton website and payed 60 pounds for our family of 3.
I asked for a quiet high floor room and they gave us a room on 1 st floor overlooking the train station... the room ( and bathroom) was really nice, spotless clean and modern, with a very confortable kingsize bed and a large sofa-bed for my son.
Free Hi-fi and breakfast included as usual at Hampton chain, despite of the breakfast quality doesn `t follow the Hampton standard in USA.
The lobby and common areas (including the breakfast area) are modern and bright.
We went for a dinner at St Albans and again had to get a taxi to / from train station.
Beware with the special taxi rate from the hotel to the airport. I asked at the reception on the night before the flight to book a taxi for us for the following morning and the lady confirmed that it will be 3.50 pounds. We choosed to pay to the driver instead of pay at the reception with credit card, because we had nothing more to pay. When we arrived at the airport ( and it was a Luton taxi ) the driver charged us 5.5 pounds and told us that we had a wrong information from the hotel...As we didn`t have time to discuss I payed the 5.5 pounds...
So, with all the money spent in taxis the hotel rate was increased...
Next time, if the gate from the train station isn `t open we will stay in Luton village or St Albans where there are lots of nice restaurants... this hotel is , in fact, in the middle of nowhere...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank margarida
Dear Margarida,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that your overall experience was up to the expectations apart from taxi ride to the train station.

I am very pleased to conform that link to the train station has been officially opened on 19th April 2013 for the hotel's guests and should you wish to use it in future, you can either get a bus to the airport or direct train to central London.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport soon.

Southport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having chosen the Hampton by Hilton Hotel for my pre-flight stay which is ideally positioned for Luton airport, I was definitely not disappointed. It had everything I needed and more for my short stopover before venturing abroad. It provided every connivence, great food and quality service. I’d definitely advise you sample the food here, in particular the jacket potatoes - tasty and great comfort food which is definitely needed before traveling! The staff go out of their way to make sure you have a comfortable stay and are very helpful at providing information on getting around London or just general enquiries. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are spacious and the general appearance of the hotel is immaculately clean especially considering the high volume of customers. The staff and management keep on top of everything very well and it definitely shows. One thing I would also like to point out is the hotel have a walk way to the train station which is so convenient for traveling around easier. I will definitely be using this hotel again when traveling or visiting in London in future. Excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Amy C
Dear Amy C,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very pleased that your overall experience was up to the expectations.

I am very glad that staff has looked after you well throughout your stay and I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great customer services.

I am also pleased that you have enjoyed food and its quality so much, I will share this feedback with a chef too.

York, North Yorkshire, England
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here one night before an early flight. Got a great deal for the room and parking. We told the receptionist hat breakfast was included in the rate but would be leaving to early to enjoy it. Just said this in passing but she gave us £10 voucher to use in the bar that night. Good customer service. Room was spotless and shower was really large. When we came back to pick up our car the staff were really friendly and asked how our holiday was....the staff have been well trained and the make this hotel stand out.

Room Tip: No real food served in the hotel at night. We ordered Dominos and the came within 15 minutes. Not wh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that staff has looked after you throughout your stay and I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great customer services and looking after our guests.

I am very glad that you had a fantastic deal on parking but should you wish to avail it again in future, please keep visiting our website for best available deals.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been traveling to Luton for the last 13 years and have stay at most of the hotel. The hotel
is very nice and the rooms are spotlessly clean. That's where it ends you can here the trains every 15 min if you get a room on the back till about 11pm. The hot water pipes make a knocking noise most of the night, if it rain`s there`s a dripping noise on the windows sill. There no room service, it has no restaurant to speak off and the food choice is poor you would have a better choice at a pub and breakfast is very basic. This is one hotel I will avoid until they sort the food out

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Neil F,

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am very glad that you liked the hotel and bedroom.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced regarding train noise as all of hotel bedrooms are sound proof due to the airport location. I have already instructed my Maintenance Engineer to thoroughly inspect your room and resolve all the maintenance issues if there is any. I have also requested him to do the noise test on your room to ensure there isn't any train noise issue.

As far as room service is concerned, Hampton doesn't offer room service but staff will be very delighted to help, should you ask for it.

I am already in the process of reviewing our food menu and you will definitely see improvement in your next visit.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport in near future.