“Great airport hotel”

Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a very clean, bright, modern well equipped airport hotel. There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport. Check-in staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, well equipped and quiet. Breakfast was basic but good. A very good hotel for an airport stopover.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear JDE260767

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that your overall experience was up to the expectations.

Thanks again for your positive feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport in near future.

Kashif Rabbani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dear Reader

Please be reminded/aware that my review is based purely on my OWN personal experience and emotions during the period of my stay and may not reflect your own experience, opinion or personal view.

This is the third time I have had to check into the hotel against my own free will. Every single time I walk through the doors of this hotel it becomes harder not to chip my teeth from the force of clenching them together to keep my composure.

We were the first to stay the day after it has opened its doors to the public and I had made excuses for a number of, what I thought were, teething problems. However, today I have reached the absolute limit of my patience.

Coming off the flight today, I had reached total exhaustion after an entire week of 4am wake-up calls and massively long ridiculous duty hours. All that I wanted was, to go straight from the check-in counter to a table to have a meal before proceeding to my room. At 5pm and there are only 4 items to choose to eat from: A pizza, Sandwich were the better choice out of 4 items which sounded like (disgustingly unhealthy carbs loaded) "proper" hot food. I was informed that I have to wait till 6pm to be able to have a decent meal from the evening menu.
(are we in a Hilton chain or in some backstreet cheap motel!!!!!!!!)
There are no restaurants with immediate walking distance, so I have decided to go to my room and bed on an empty stomach as there also is NO ROOM SERVICE WHATSOEVER !!!!!!!!

Im despising anything remotely connected to any Hilton chain thanks to, not only the selfish and self centered pilots walking this planet earth, but also the absolute lack of Hiltons customer service loyalty program! I am starting to wonder if it is a clever marketing strategy which the Hilton Hotel offers to their loyalty program members (only the one's who benefit)
*let me clarify my statement* Pilot pays with a COMPANY CREDIT CARD for the entire group of crew and will be the ONLY PERSON who will receive ALL THE HILTON loyalty points for his exclusive use. The Hilton chain has NO PERSONAL INTEREST IN THEIR CUSTOMER as long as they just get the revenue.... Seeing that the pilots who have seen this perfect and selfish opportunity or loophole to enrich themselves exclusively, are guaranteeing business to the Hilton - a very clever marketing strategy.......

STAFF:
On arrival check in is ALWAYS quicK, efficient, extremely professional and all staff are extremely helpful.
ROOMS:
... are lovely, well airconditioned, clean and well equipped with an extremely comfortable bed and modern bathroom.
BREAKFAST:
.......sufficient but the restaurant is absolutely SWELTERING hot - this has been the case in both previous stop overs. The morning sun hits the restaurant side and makes that side of the hotel like a roasting oven - not pleasant at all !!!!!! - Perhaps "Hilton" could spare some money, spent by all the pilot's loyalty, for some blinds to reduce this ridiculous heat -
As we are still in the cold season, I dread what summer temperatures would be like at breakfast. I would try and make it to breakfast before 7am cause anything later than that is pure torture.
I am hoping that some day in the near future my prayer will be answered and Karma takes its full circle so that I never have to walk into another Hilton chain ever again!!!!!!

Room Tip: upper level
2  Thank ChancebyChanel
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear ChancebyChanel,

Thank you so much for your feedback but as per our conversation in the hotel last week, I would like to re iterate HHonors points policy again and more than happy to discuss this with you in detail agian if needed. Please feel free to write me directly on kashif.rabbani@hilton.com to answer any questions you might have.

I am very glad that you found staff friendly and helpfull, I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great customer services and looking after our guests throughout their stay.

I am also pleased that you liked the overall accommodation and thanks again for your feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport in near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in this hotel while away on business. I understand its new and it looks it. It is a lovely hotel. Room I had was a good size, very clear, plenty of sockets, wired Internet connection and good wifi. Overall very good. Thing that lets this hotel down is that there is no room service. You can buy food in the bar from a VERY limited menu and take it back to your room but this would be a fantastic hotel if they had room service. Gym looked good too although didn't use it. Would probably stay here again but disappointed I couldn't carry on doing some work in my room and get some dinner in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank PHILBGlasgow

Dear PhilBGlasgow,

I have also reviewed the items you have mentioned in your review such as food option and I can ensure that we are already through the process of expanding our food menu and will implement it accordingly.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel I've stayed at in the sub-£100pn.

Good service, very close to the airport. Around 30 min to central London by car, less by train which is right next to the hotel.

Rooms were fantastic for this price range. Very comfortable bed, good wifi (free), good desk and chair to work at and a sofa. Good selection of toiletries and a clean, modern shower room.

Only improvements that could be made is with the breakfast. Cooked breakfast tasted very 'cheap' and couldn't be eaten. Fruit selection was limited. Coffee was at best okay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank SargeUK

Dear SargeUK

I would like to speak to you in person about the quality of the breakfast and find out ways we can improve as our breakfast is offered as per Hampton Brand Standards and generally we have very positive reviews about it. You can reach me on kashif.rabbani@hilton.com to discuss this in detail.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at The Hampton after coming into Luton on a late flight. The hotel is a three minute taxi ride from the airport.

We were greeted very well at the hotel, and the room although small, was clean and the bathroom in particular was quite impressive. There is a train station next door, and the sound proofing is not enough to take away the minor annoyance of the railway.

All of the staff greeted us and said hello, as we went about the hotel which I found a nice touch. The late night food menu is a little poor with only a choice of pizza or nachos, which really should be more for a four star hotel. Breakfast is your basic buffet, but for the price of 45 GBP for one night including breakfast for two you really can not complain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Luke W,

I am glad that you have found staff helpful and friendly, I will certainly share your comments with my team to ensure we are consistent in providing great customer services and looking after our guests throughout their stay.

In terms of late night food selection, we have 24/7 menu in place which also includes wide selection of sandwiches/paninis apart from pizza and nachos. Curry can also be served upon request. I have already communicated with my night team to ensure guests are well informed about selection of food at late night.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel website claims on the homepag "Situated adjacent to Luton Parkway Train Station". This is, technically, true - the hotel is right next to the station. The one important thing they neglect to mention though is the huge security fence that separates the station from the hotel! Because of that, it's over a mile from the station entrance to the hotel, which is quite a lot further than you'd be led to believe... Luckily, if you phone up reception when you're at the station and have strong words with them about the mis-representation on their website, they'll grudgingly agree to send a taxi for free to take you round.

Other than that, the hotel is pretty good. It's very new, only having opened in late 2012. The rooms are a decent size, bathrooms are almost good, but let down by the lack of a proper shower screen, which means you end up half flooding the bathroom when you shower!

You can currently get some very cheap deals at this hotel though, which largely make up for these faults. I'd hate to pay a large amount for here, but if the nearby Hilton Garden Inn Luton North is full, and there's a discount here, it's certainly worth a shot.

1  Thank Gagravarr

Dear Gagravarr,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that your overall accommodation was up to the expectations.

I am very glad that staff was helpful in booking a taxi for yourself and should you require it in future, please don't hesitate to contact hotel directly to book you one.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to welcome you again in Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport in near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, we were very pleased with our stay, when we arrived check in was quick and efficient and the staff were polite and helpful.
Our room on arrival was lovely and warm and seeing as it was snowing heavily outside this was very much appreciated. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable, as were the pillows.
Breakfast was also very nice and plenty to choose from, however breakfast finished at 10am.
The only possible disappointment was the shower, it was just average, seeing as everything else in our room was exceptional i expected a bit more,it just wasnt very powerful.
All in all though a very pleasant stay and would definately return.

Room Tip: close to all amenities
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveller0759

Dear Unhappy026

I am also excited that you have enjoyed Hampton Free Full English Breakfast.

Hotel bedrooms are equipped with powerful shower but since I had your feedback, maintenance engineer has confirmed no low pressure but should you wish you stay with us again, I will personally make sure that everything is fine during your stay.