“New hotel, well situated”

Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a lovely new hotel with thick carpets and lovely rooms situated half way between the train station and the airport. There is abar and restaurant although we ate fromt he bar meals menu. I ordered a spicy veggie burger which was large came with beautiful golden chips, home made coleslaw and a large soft bun. Unfortunately the burger was completely black and burned. I did taste it to see if it tasted as burnt as it looked and it did! When I returned it the waitress seemed puzzled that I was asking for another one and when she returned with the next one said 'I hope this is more to your liking', I am puzzled as to would have found a black and burnt burger to their liking! The next one was lovely and I would recommend it. A taxi to the airport is £6 but as it is only 1/2 mile we walked.

Room Tip: It is off the main road so all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

Firstly let me apologise for the problem with your burger,i am please that it was dealt with and that
when it was replaced that it was to your liking and to the standard it should have been in the first place.

Its great to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and i look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Modern hotel, very clean, with friendly service. The lounge/bar area is fine, but the restaurant is basic, and the food was not great - but as there wasn't much choice of alternatives within walking distance, it did the job.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Its good to see that in general you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your comments on to our team,it is something that our regular guests comment on regarding our team ,being helpful and friendly.

I am sorry to see the food was not to your liking.I would very interested in your comments, so please feel free to contact me on the Hotel phone number 01582 218111 so that we can discuss your views.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 18/10/2013 before a flight back home to Belfast - arrived quite late - found the lady on reception to be very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were a good size, clean, modern. Free wifi was very welcome. Didnt eat there so no comment to make.

Other reviewers talk about a hotel without soul - its an airport hotel for goodness sake, its there to serve a purpose and it does it well

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your short stay and the room serve all your needs and met with your expectations.

I will pass your comments on to the person that checked you in.

When travelling from Luton again i look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Encore is a clean new soleless hotel and fine for a one or two night stay but is devoid of any atmosphere. The evening carvery is a bit hit and miss when busy as staff seem to struggle to keep dishes available and topped up. Breakfast also has the same problem. Rooms are clean and functional but with little storage for cloths.Staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank for you post.

I am sorry that the Hotel was not to your liking.

I am surprised that you found there to be a lack of atmosphere as this is something that our regulars say there is plenty of in the lounge,bar and restaurant in an evening.

Thank you for your feedback on the Carvery Dinner and Breakfast Buffet and these issues will be addressed with the teams responsible for maintaining the high standards that our guests have come to expect.

I hope that when in Luton again that you will say at the Ramada Encore.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we got the detail through that our visit to Blenheim Palace and Bletchley Park would include a stay at Luton Airport, I must say we were rather disappointed, however, we need not have been.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with the benefit of free wi-fi.

The 3 course meal in the evening gave a good selection of food with a carvery as the main course. And breakfast was the usual affair of cereal or full English.

The bathroom was a wet room, which was relatively well equipped, apart from the door not shutting due to the swelling of the door from the water!

The noise from the airport in the room was minimal, actually we didn't notice the planes at all. It could be to do with the positioning of the hotel in relation to the runway.

If I have to travel from Luton in the future, which involves a very early start, I would definitely consider staying here.

Staff were very accommodating and allowed us to sample the wine, before choosing a rather nice merlot!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

What a great recommendation ,that you would return to the Hotel if in Luton again.

Its pleasing to see that you used all our facilities,apart from the Gym ,like most of us ,and found everything to your liking.

I will pass your comments onto the whole Team, and in particular to the kitchen staff and how much you enjoyed the quality of food.

I hope that you will return to Luton in the near future or come and have a relaxing break at the Hotel and visit the many attractions in the surrounding area.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had just arrived back in the country from Rome and were glad of a room for the night between flights, but the food in the restaurant was rather disappointing to say the least. Perhaps I had been spoilt by being in Rome for a few days, but the 'medium' cooking of my lamb chop came out rather burnt, to say nothing of the hamburger (complete with vegetables in it) that my husband had. We were not impressed with the food.

The room, however, was lovely, and we slept well. Short journey to the airport terminal in the morning and we were home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to post your comments.

Overall its good to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel..

I apologise that the food was not to our normally high standard,be assured that this will be addressed with our kitchen team.I would very interested for you to contact myself so that i can discuss the matter further as the burger should have only had lettuce and tomatoes in the bun and while the lamb should have been char grilled ,it definitely should not have been burnt.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've been guest of Ramada Encore for two nights in my job travel to Luton. The first impression you have entering the hall is of modern and wannabe designer furniture. Just an impression because the real feeling is of economic and cheap material. Staff at reception is high professional but too much professional and does not let guest feel at ease.
The room is very clean with good furnishing enough space for one person: very good the Tea and Cofee set and flat TV (no SAT broadcast). The bathroom is perfectly clean and towels too.
Breakfast is good but quite strictly English. The restaurant serves good food but with non so good appearance as food is just put in the plate. Good choice could be the Carvery with roasted meat:I've tried Lamb and Ham and roasted potato.
The tilte I choose summarize a structure tha gives good services in its entirety but without a precise soul or connotation; is an Hotel for business and touch&go staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry that you did not find the Hotel to your liking.

Its good that you liked the room and carvery food that you choose.

Our carvery is very popular at only £12.50 for 2 courses and great value,however as you you say the food chosen by the guest,and placed on the plate by the guest can not have the final touches of presentation from the kitchen team,unfortunately by the nature of what a carvery is this is not possible

Thank you for your comments and we will speak to our reception team to explain the importance of the welcome when a guest arrives,and retrain all team members.