“A sanctuary at Luton Airport!”

Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Downham Market, United Kingdom
“A sanctuary at Luton Airport!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My other half booked this hotel as he was going to be late picking me up (so I was a little dubious). I need not have worried.
It is a 2 minute taxi ride down the hill from the airport,, when you get to the roundabout at the bottom of the hill -
It is straight across just over to your right - the fare was £7 odd, but £5 odd was the minimum night rate charge. There are plenty of taxis ranked up at the airport. You can easily walk down the hill, but as I was alone, it was midnight, and had recently been mugged, I preferred to take a taxi.
I was greeted by a very friendly Receptionist, who swiftly booked me in, and even helped me to open the doorway to the lift area.
The room was normal size for the type of hotel, but generous, not cramped. Double shower, fits 2 people if you are so inclined :). Comfortable bed. Tea and coffee making facilities. Nice decor.
I went down to the Bar to await the arrival of my other half at what was by now 2am.. no problems with the chaps chatting amongst themselves in the bar area .. So good place for women travelling alone in need of a late night drink.
In the morning I was able to take a tray of tea up to our room.
The day staff were equally as pleasant and helpful as the night staff.
All in all the staff couldn't do enough for you. Even the painter sprucing up the
Iife area was extremely friendly!
I have just booked my young daughter into the hotel for the night as she is arriving on a late flight.
So that is a major recommendation!
Room prices for a double are between £60 and £70. Bargain.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel, and will be using it whenever we fly in or out of Luton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and your recommendation.

I will pass your comments on to the team and particular to our night team that made you feel welcome and safe as an individual traveler.

I will make a point of speaking to our painter as you particularly note him ,as often it is these people who are forgotten .

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of any help when placing your next booking.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here midweek for one night and found the experience to be very good. Rooms were adequate in size, spotlessly clean and comfortable. I ate in the restaurant and the food was well prepared and tasty, staff during my stay were helpful and attentive at all times. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your post.

Thank you for your comments regarding our team.I will pass your comments on to the team regarding them being attentive and helpful.

All our food is freshly prepared and its great that you enjoyed your meal.

The Encore Brand is to provide a vibrant,contemporary environment in a relaxed atmosphere that is ideal for business or leisure.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and the reception staff were very welcoming. They asked if we would prefer a twin as we were daughter and mother. We changed to a twin room but when we got to the room and sat on the bed it rolled half way across the floor. The floor in the bedroom was laminate and the beds both had wheels, this combination did not work well. We managed to pin the beds together to stop them moving as much but as we were only staying one night we just put up with it. We ate dinner at the carvery and we found it great value. We enjoyed the meal and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to see that you and your mother had an enjoyable stay.

Great that you enjoyed the Carvery and we think it is great value at £12.50 for complimentary starter
from our Salad Bar or soup,choice of Roast and or 3 other entrees to choose from,and then indulge in a dessert for only £4.50.

When travelling from Luton next we look forward to you staying at the Ramada Encore Luton.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Rooms on smallish size but fine for a one night stopover at the airport. Great 24 hr gym to use, if you like that sort of thing. Bar area fine , food ok . Pretty reasonable rates too so i would stay again .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Great to see that you enjoyed your short stay at the Hotel and found it to be value for money through out from your room to the meal that you enjoyed.

We look forward to using the Hotel when next in the area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and staff were friendly especially at breakfast. Ideal for the airport. Very thin walls. I could hear everything going on I. The next room and I mean EVERYTHING! Not the hotels fault but a little off putting so I went for a walk!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

In general its good to see you enjoyed your stay.

The issue regarding noise, i can only think that this is due to a problem that we had with rooms with interconnecting doors,
This has now been resolved and there should be no noise ingress from the connecting room.

Thank you once again for your comments.

London
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great service, dropped my car off at the long term car park the night before which saved any hassle on the morning as the flight was early. Good bar and food without it being too expensive. Very comfortable twin room with tea and coffee facilities. Overall very good experience and inexpensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post.

Briilliant to see that your overall stay was great.

Its pleasing to see that you found our pricing to value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you next travel to Luton.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

By far one of the best I have stayed in on business.
Friendly staff where nothing is any trouble , genuinely helpful and very good food.
Accommodation is clean , modern and comfortable and complimentary services are excellent.
Compared to others in the area, this is the one to stay at and is excellent value for money.
Lacking facilities outside if you want to sit and enjoy the warm evenings but I'm sure Tony and staff are on the case and this will change.
Keep up the good work guy's.
P.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your post.

Thank you for your comments and i am pleased to see that you like the decor and the overall ambiance that has been achieved through the design.

It was good to see your comments about our team and the great effort they put into making all our guests have an enjoyable stay.