“Brand new hotel close to Airport”

Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Cambridge
“Brand new hotel close to Airport”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a brand new hotel so the rooms and facilities are all very high standard. I have stayed here a few times and the hotel is excellent value for money. There are two other hotels next to the airport, the Holiday Inn Express and the Ibis. Both have been around for a while and whilst they are OK they are not of the standard of the Ramada Encore. So it terms of value for money then Ramada is definitely the best choice for an on airport hotel.

The rooms are excellent, decent size and all mod cons. The bathrooms are very good with shower/wet room style.

I have only eaten once at the hotel and I would not say it was the best... I had the lasagne and it was a bit tasteless to be honest so I wouldn't recommend it for the food. I have not had the breakfast so can't comment.

But if you are looking for a hotel close to the airport then I thnk this is definitely the best option!

3 Thank Writetomab
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank for posting a review.
It is always great to see that a guest has enjoyed there stay and even more importantly ,when they have experienced a good stay on a number of occasions.
I will take your comments up regarding the Lasagne with the Chef.i apologise for the food not being of the high standard it should be.
I hope that on your next visit you will have time to enjoy a hearty breakfast be for leaving.

King Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Woking, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

New hotel very convenient for airport. Everything nice and new and comfortable well furnished rooms.

Public areas well appointed but service was fairly poor. I was told no room service due to health and safety issues. Food was ok but nothing special

2 Thank AmyS383
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review.
Thank you for your comments on the room,i am glad you liked the room and found it comfortable.
It is a Brand standard that we do not offer room service in a Ramada Encore. I am indeed sorry that you were wrongly informed.However there is nothing to stop you taking food to your room and we can always prepare a tray to assist.
I also apologise for the shortfall in our normally high standards that you encountered.
When next in the area please do not hesitate to contact myself so that i can offer you the best available rate on the day.

Tony Giauna
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Lovely new hotel, decor is well presented throughout the hotel. The staff were very friendly. Food prices were good too. Even though it's an airport hotel, it's not on the door step. But no hotels in Luton are. You can get a free bus (long stay car park bus) to the holiday inn hotel, cross the road and there's the hotel.
The hotel also has vending machines for those that want to use them, I personally think they are a good idea in hotels. There's also a gym onsite - not sure if there's a charge for that though.

If I can say anything about the hotel. This isn't a bad thing, but something that looked like it could be improved. Is that when sitting at the bar on the 1st evening, hotel was very busy. The staff working the bar, were also working in the restaurant. With it being a bust evening, they were running from here there and everywhere. And constantly apologising to those waiting to be served as they were waiting a while.

My bed was rather hard too :-(

All in all, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Try using a room at the back of the hotel, as if your a light sleeper. You can hear aircraft taking...
3 Thank Stephen H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review.

Its great to hear that you had warm and friendly service at the Hotel which is one of the key Customer Standards we have strived for.

We have taken your comments on board regarding designated staff for particular area
as opposed for particular tasks and will monitor this to see if we can improve customer the experience.
I hope we can well come you back to the Hotel in the near future.there is no charge to use our gym.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Lovely new hotel, clean and nicely decorated, the wet room was great and plenty of towels. Beds comfortable although my daughter had fold out bed and said she could feel the springs. Tea and coffee facilities in room were nice. The breakfast was delicious and kids ate free. 10 minute walk from station or airport or you can get a shuttle bus for about £1.50 to either, long term car parks nearby too. Enjoyed our stay, staff were helpful and was worth the money. Tip for train travel if you are going to/from Waterloo go via London Bridge, saves a lot of walking around tube network with luggage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Great that you and your family enjoyed the stay at the Hotel .
I will pass your comments on to the Team .
Thank your daughter regarding the comments on the bed .All feedback is important and we will look into the matter.
Please to see that you enjoyed a hearty breakfast before setting off the next day.

Medina, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Colleagues and myself stayed here for a month. Actually one made it his home for 2 months. The staff of Tony the Manager, Lauren the beautiful Supervisor, Kim the beautiful Supervisor, Aaron at the bar, and all the staff that made our stay feel welcomed, we would like to thank you. Any questions or issues we had Tony, Lauren, Kim handle with no problems. Food was great. Any special request were handle as far as preparation, were met. I can not thank the staff enough for evrerything they did for IDS. Being a new hotel, actually only open for a few months when we first checked in, Tony and his A+ staff have really turned it into a top notch hotel. Seeing this take place over the month we were there was evident. Visiting for the first time to the UK and having people like the ones at the Ramada Encore Luton have made it very pleasurable. We occasionally stop in to have breakfast and the staff and facility is still at perfection. Tony, you and your fine team keep up the great work and I speak the truth about your professionalism.

Scott

Room Tip: All rooms the same. If you ask for a room on the North side, you will here less aircraft noise from...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to post e review.

Thank you for your comments and they will passed on to the team.
Its great to see you enjoyed your time working in the UK . Hopefully we can welcome any
future colleagues to the Hotel,that may work at Luton Airport.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel after an evening return flight into Luton airport. On arrival we checked in and the room was very pleasent, nicely decorated and furnished. The menu said food 24 hours a day but by the time we got downstairs it was 9:55 and only sandwiches were being served. They were very expensive for not much quality. The decor of the bar area is lovely but the staff seemed disinterested. Good nights sleep in a comfy bed. Next morning I had a query about the parking and was spoken to rather abruptly by the receptionist. She made me feel as if my query was trivial to her and not at all helpful. Once on the road my Mother discovered she had left her purse at the hotel. We were on our way back to Plymouth so we rang and were told it had been located and could be sent on. This was really helpful however it didnt actually arrive for 10 days!!! We continually rang the hotel to be put through to other people and were promised faithfully it was being sent that day when in fact it hadnt been. Overall I feel it is important that customer service really was lacking. Its very nice having a plush looking hotel but if the customer service is not there it means nothing! I appreciate its a new hotel and has teething problems but the service was just shoddy. I would not return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.
I apologise that the service you received was not to the high standard that we strive for.
We do have a limited 24hr menu with other items on besides sandwiches,We are reviewing this section of the menu to improve the offering ,quality and presentation.
I am indeed sorry for the delay in getting your purse to you.Part of the reason for this was the confusion caused with you willing to pay for the delivery of it.With all you cards being in your purse ,you were not able to do this till the purse arrived, unfortunately the post would not allow this .We then picked up the cost and sent it out to you.
I am indeed sorry for the problems you encountered and assure you these are not our normaly high standards.
Please contact me when you are next in the area so that i can offer you the best available rate.
I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The main problem was finding the hotel. I was looking for Ramada signs and saw none. This was because the hotel announces itself as Encore (with the word Ramada as a very small almost invisible superscript). But I am glad I did find it. The room was modern, clean, quiet and reasonably sized. Complementary Wifi and tea/coffee making facilities. Bizarrely the water from the walk-in shower didn't want to stay in the shower and tended to invade the rest of the bathroom forcing me to use the bath mat as a dam, God only knows what the cleaner thought of me! The hotel is less than fifteen minutes walk (on sign-posted pavements) from the airport terminals. Alternatively, a £5 taxi ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AhlanM
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope that in the not to distant future we will be able to welcome you back.