“Food average service top notch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmy's Restaurants

Jimmy's Restaurants
Ranked #22 of 301 Restaurants in Luton
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Food average service top notch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went after a poor recommendation from a colleague who went on a work trip, I like the concept of these restaurants so I went with an open mind when it was my turn on the training course.

Upon arrival we we're met by a man in chef whites and seated to a table then he explained how their system works and took a drinks order which had arrived by the time we got back.

We started with a wide variety of starters I had some chicken wings and various other bits the chicken wings looked good but had a slightly weird after taste which made me feel a bit queezy so I left those and tried other bits.

The pizza looked good but lacked taste and needed more in the way of toppings.

The Fajita I had was bland and I could only really eat one bite.

The Naan bread I had Garlic and herbs was very nice and watching it being made was a plus also.

The chicken & Lamb tikka should not be hidden away in the corner it was my favorite item on the menu and I had lots of it. The lamb one is very well spiced and leaves a nice tingle on your tongue the chicken was very tasty and worth having.

The other mains dishes looked nice and some we're very tasty so we're rather bland.

The Crispy fried chicken was very good and well worth a chow down.

The pudding section was a slight let down I had some ice cream first guy I spoke to said I couldn't have anything on the shelf (chocolate toppings) as they we're for show the 2nd guy I spoke to said I could have whatever I wanted.

The service throughout was very good it was fairly quite for a large place but all the staff seemed bright and upbeat which was a plus.

The Decor is apt for the theme of the place with nic nacs on the wall.

The price I paid was £12.99 for a Tuesday evening I haven't checked but I imagine it will change based on the time and day you may choose to go but I would say this place is a good one and well worth a visit, I would advise you stick more to the Indian style food as they seem to excel there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

There certainly is a huge variety of food to choose from at the buffet, I didn't think much of the food I tried it was like I was eating in an all inclusive restaurant in a hotel abroad. However the salad was fresh and the desserts were tasty. The service was fine and the restaurant was clean and tidy. It was ok for lunch but I wouldn't return or go there for dinner.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Luton, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wide variety of good tasty food. Try indain ,chinese, italian other food from different countries. You just pay, but can eat as much as you want to., from starter to desserts.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Pushpa C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foods great - restaurant ruined by one server”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, not my favourite type of food, but the other half enjoyed. Went during the day and the variety was ok, all food was hot. I would assume there is more choice at nights and at weekends. The gentleman on the bar was friendly and efficient- explained how everything worked, fetched drinks and checked everything was ok. I personally believe calling it a world buffet when you serve only pizza for Italian, Indian and oriental food is a bit of a stretch, but again maybe the variety is wider on the premium pricing sessions. All in all a good experience for me- up until we went to pay. The server who was at the counter when we went up to pay, presented a bill, took card payment, and returned my card with out making eye contact, uttering a word or saying thank you. Made to feel completely uncomfortable as though we were interrupting him and as though our custom was looked down. The utter rudeness of it left me speechless, and completely ruined the restaurant for me. I will never return, I am still stunned that any service/hospitality outlet would employ someone who behaves like this.

1 Thank Sayurimai
“I would definately recommend this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Really good service, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. Food all very tasty and hot, large range to choose from. Desserts great for sweet toothed like me. Not as large as recently opened sizzall round the corner, but much better. I would choose this place every time

• Visited August 2013