“Absolutely awful”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here as part of a coach trip break and it was absolutely awful. We very rarely complain about hotels, as we manage to find good points about most places - but not here.

The carpets were stained with marks that looked like blood. The tiles in the bathroom were all cracked, and even moved when we stood on them. There was no hot water, or heating in the bedroom. Out of the 6 spot lights in the bedroom - 2 worked, and one was hanging down about 3 foot with exposed wires. There were horrendous stains in the toilet, to the point of where it just didn't look like it had been cleaned for months... There was mould and damp patches in the bedroom, and the bedding was stained. I really am not exaggerating - this was terrible.

We then went to have a drink to try and relax a little bit, and I requested a glass of wine. I was handed a small bottle of red wine and when I requested a glass to pour it in to, I was looked at like I was an idiot. The problem was - the staff didn't speak hardly any English, so it was difficult to explain that I wanted a glass with the wine... strange request hey...???

We were served our evening meal which was curry that had frozen mixed vegetables in it. It was simply awful. The problem is - you couldn't go out of the hotel to look for somewhere nice to eat, as the area is terrible and very intimidating.

We didn't risk breakfast, so can't comment on this - but we will never stay again, and would advise people not to stay there either.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

first my wife tried so many times to tell reception to reboot the router for the wifi.They eventually gave a lead.that was so kind,NOT!
I was sleeping and my wife was still awake when someone tried to break the door down.

SHOULD BE AWARE!DONT STAY THERE.

PS WE CHANGED OUR ROOM THREE TIMES BECAUSE ONE ROOM HAD NO CURTAINS.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bert263

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

norwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room I stayed in had a nice comfy bed and had contemporary furniture and a modern shower room. When I arrived the room was warm, curtains closed and I thought the window was open as I could feel a breeze and hear traffic

I decided I would keep the window open (not opening the curtains to check). In the morning I went to look out the window, pulled the curtain to the side........ No glass... Boarded up window with a huge gap around the sides...

Potentially this could have been a great stay... Im more shocked that they would even give that room to a paying guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank shauny1978
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at quality skyline hotel matter of it's location which is near to Luton airport , we walked in and no porter to help us out with our suitcases , not even to help us with it getting it on stairs as the lift is out of order , stairs carpet was dirty , room was ok mind there was no tv remote control and the bed sheet got marks on it .
I won't recommend it as I won't stay there again .

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here but was not informed that there was a travellers wedding being held here the following evening and about 400 will be attending had to move car from car park and park up further as didnt want it broken into or vandalised. loads of noise bottles being broken guys fighting outside kids running around everywhere security had there hands cut out stopping alchol being taken onto premises from local off licence and fighting and constant litter picking of dissused bottles and glasses from outside of premises. Asked to speak to person incharge of security he turned up quickly and heard me voice my protest as the manager was to busy to listen and reassured me i was safe to go out and return to my room. on arrival back to hotel about 2330 there was a big fight happening outside Tazz saw me and ushered me saftey through the door i was really impressed by his customer service the manager was to be busy to listen to me again there was like 20 police cars, dogs ambulances on site apparently i was told someone had been stabbed seriously. i was highly impressed by the security but felt let down by the management of the hotel. i would like to thank Tazz and his team from swat management to making me feel safe and this also comes from other fellow customers on the night

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked this for the convenience and price but was disappointed upon arriving at the hotel. It is in dire need of a redocoratation on the outside and there are quite a lot of areas inside too. Saying that the staff were very helpful and friendly and the bedroom was much better than expected. It was very clean and reasonably modern. The breakfast wasn't at all bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night and got excellent value. I dont know what hotel alot of the other reviewers stayed at but from check in, the staff were friendly, the place was well decorated and modern. The room was exceptionally clean, spacious & well decorated with modern tv's & bathroom facilities. Again at breakfast, the staff were friendly & the food good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple