“Not what I expected”
Review of Quality Skyline

Quality Skyline
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked this for the convenience and price but was disappointed upon arriving at the hotel. It is in dire need of a redocoratation on the outside and there are quite a lot of areas inside too. Saying that the staff were very helpful and friendly and the bedroom was much better than expected. It was very clean and reasonably modern. The breakfast wasn't at all bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night and got excellent value. I dont know what hotel alot of the other reviewers stayed at but from check in, the staff were friendly, the place was well decorated and modern. The room was exceptionally clean, spacious & well decorated with modern tv's & bathroom facilities. Again at breakfast, the staff were friendly & the food good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well where do we start with this place ... On arrival the reception / bar area is very clean and looks modern etc .... but once you get the keycard and go up the stairs to the rooms you are greeted by a carpet that has more stains than a pebble dashed toilet. Looks like a dead body has been dragged through the landing while bleeding out all over the place, there were cracks in the walls and some filled over with pollyfilla but not painted over. I am then greeted by my room / pantry cupboard very basic and very small tv with no remote more stains on the carpet and a massive safe on a shelf the kind of safe james bond would have trouble getting into wtf do they think i have ? Gold bars / diamonds ?? Bathroom was grubby and in need or a good scrub. Only good thing was the bed was actually quite comfy!! unpacked and met work colleagues down stairs for a pint, bought a pint and had to wait for the bar guy to go the local shop and get me 50p change ha ha , we then sat down in the reception and found a remote for a large screen tv that had news on , upon trying to change the channel we managed to tune into an al qaeda generals meeting / abu hanzas clerical preachings show??? Breakfast was ok apart from being asked 3 times by two different staff what my room number was.
All in all this place is a joke and makes basil faulty and manuel seem like the ritz !!!
Needs demolishing and rebuilding !!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

For the amount of money we paid this hotel was incredibly good value (last minute.com) The room was of a good size, clean and airy. Reception was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Good eating places nearby- mainly asian cuisine. Town centre 30 mins walk.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

No curtain !
No fan or air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year
Toilet was old and dirty
Staff were friendly, which is the ONLY redeeming feature
The hotel s functional at best, it's cheap, but so are premier inn and travelodge

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Reception and bar area look quite good. Receptionist on our arrival in the afternoon was pleasant and efficient. The corridors and stairways are grubby and scuffed and carpets are badly marked. There was something which looked like either a drop of blood or tomato juice on the bannisters when we went in and was still there when we left the next day. The hotel room was small and the decoration was reasonable if a little amatuerishly done. The bed seemed quite new and looked clean but the carpets looked very dirty. I wouldn't walk around in barefeet at any time. The floor seemed to slope at one point and appeared to move under your feet (scarey). The bathroom was also small but adequate although there was mould on the grouting around the bath and under the rim of the bath where it meets the panelling. We were only there for one night luckily so decided just to wash and not use the bath. The barman who also works as the receptionist in the evening was nice, cheery and quick to serve but the restaurant didn't appear to be open (it was in darkness and no one mentioned its existence or offered a menu) so we had to go outside to eat. It is a very ethnic and rundown area of Luton and we had quite a walk to find somewhere suitable to eat. Couldn't see any food hygiene certificate but on my phone app "scores on doors" it is only classed as a 2 star for hygiene so decided not to have breakfast there either. The nearest restaurant to the hotel was closed down and had also been a 2 star! Admittedly it was not expensive to stay there and I suppose you get what you pay for but I would certainly not stay there again. There was air conditioning in the room which worked well and was quiet. The TV did not have a remote but you could change it by hand.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked a double room for a 1 night stay due to work. When I arrived you could see that the hotel was in need of some refurbishment (carpets etc). I checked in and asked for the code for the wi-fi only to be told that they were having the routers upgraded so not available. I went to my room 203. The room was clean and in good condition, however the air con was not working and no tv remote. I went back to reception to ask where the restaurant was only to be told that it did not open in the day and if I wanted food I would need to go back into the town centre. I asked about the remote and was told that the maintenance man had gone to B&Q to get new batteries. I went off to get some food and when I returned asked about the remote to be told that it was broken and they would move my room. I then moved to room 205 (much bigger had seating area). I went into the bathroom to find a wet towel on the floor of the shower so called reception who then sent a cleaner up. This lady told me the shower was leaking, the housekeeper then arrived and she told me that the shower had not been working for 3 days. I called reception and told them I was not happy and they moved me again. This time208. Lovely room all facilities working and very clean. The carpets throughout the corridors are very worn and stained. There were flies in all of the corridors. Only one person manning the hotel in the day. The bar area opened at 7pm but the female receptionist manned it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the car park so very quite but rooms at the front overlook a very busy ma...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo