“Book the premier inn, don't book this one!”
Review of Quality Skyline

Quality Skyline
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Book the premier inn, don't book this one!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

No curtain !
No fan or air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year
Toilet was old and dirty
Staff were friendly, which is the ONLY redeeming feature
The hotel s functional at best, it's cheap, but so are premier inn and travelodge

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Reception and bar area look quite good. Receptionist on our arrival in the afternoon was pleasant and efficient. The corridors and stairways are grubby and scuffed and carpets are badly marked. There was something which looked like either a drop of blood or tomato juice on the bannisters when we went in and was still there when we left the next day. The hotel room was small and the decoration was reasonable if a little amatuerishly done. The bed seemed quite new and looked clean but the carpets looked very dirty. I wouldn't walk around in barefeet at any time. The floor seemed to slope at one point and appeared to move under your feet (scarey). The bathroom was also small but adequate although there was mould on the grouting around the bath and under the rim of the bath where it meets the panelling. We were only there for one night luckily so decided just to wash and not use the bath. The barman who also works as the receptionist in the evening was nice, cheery and quick to serve but the restaurant didn't appear to be open (it was in darkness and no one mentioned its existence or offered a menu) so we had to go outside to eat. It is a very ethnic and rundown area of Luton and we had quite a walk to find somewhere suitable to eat. Couldn't see any food hygiene certificate but on my phone app "scores on doors" it is only classed as a 2 star for hygiene so decided not to have breakfast there either. The nearest restaurant to the hotel was closed down and had also been a 2 star! Admittedly it was not expensive to stay there and I suppose you get what you pay for but I would certainly not stay there again. There was air conditioning in the room which worked well and was quiet. The TV did not have a remote but you could change it by hand.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked a double room for a 1 night stay due to work. When I arrived you could see that the hotel was in need of some refurbishment (carpets etc). I checked in and asked for the code for the wi-fi only to be told that they were having the routers upgraded so not available. I went to my room 203. The room was clean and in good condition, however the air con was not working and no tv remote. I went back to reception to ask where the restaurant was only to be told that it did not open in the day and if I wanted food I would need to go back into the town centre. I asked about the remote and was told that the maintenance man had gone to B&Q to get new batteries. I went off to get some food and when I returned asked about the remote to be told that it was broken and they would move my room. I then moved to room 205 (much bigger had seating area). I went into the bathroom to find a wet towel on the floor of the shower so called reception who then sent a cleaner up. This lady told me the shower was leaking, the housekeeper then arrived and she told me that the shower had not been working for 3 days. I called reception and told them I was not happy and they moved me again. This time208. Lovely room all facilities working and very clean. The carpets throughout the corridors are very worn and stained. There were flies in all of the corridors. Only one person manning the hotel in the day. The bar area opened at 7pm but the female receptionist manned it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the car park so very quite but rooms at the front overlook a very busy ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank carol m
england
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked a room for my father at this hotel. I did not sleep there overnight however I did see the room and the hotel itself as well as the location.

The location is at the more rundown end of Luton.

Restaurants and food in the area are all ethnic.

The reception staff seemed nice enough, we were on our way to my dads room when the receptionist came up the stairs and told us that the room number he had given my dad was the wrong room and handed us a keycard for another room. We tried the card in the door and it didnt work so I went back downstairs and advised that the key did not work, he recharged the key and said now it was a different room number and this time the door opened uneventfully.

I had booked a double room for him. It was £37 for the night, the room was reasonably large with a larger than average double bed. The room was tired and could do with freshening up but at £37 for the night, you cant expect a royal suite! The bathroom was also very large with a double shower in there. There toilet had not been cleaned, there was even what looked like dust on it and the paint on the ceiling was missing above the shower.

There was air-conditioning in the room and as my dad was staying there during the heatwave it was a welcome addition.

I cannot comment on how it is to sleep there as I did not. But overall, I am a great fan of the saying “you get what you pay for” and as £37 a night hotels go. It wasn’t too bad!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels on business stays and never felt the need to complain...UNTIL NOW..Messy corridors led me to my room.. On opening the door the first thing that hit me was the stain on the bed.( not a nice start.) pulled back the linen and more stains.. Remote for the tv didn't work and reception said that they know they don't and that was that... 2 beetles in the bathroom.. No wi-fi( says wi-fi) ... No milk for tea making in the room... The hotel has still not responded to my complaint after many attempts to get a response.. Horrible hotel ...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank morrisey11
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sister had booked this hotel for after quick visit to Thorpe Park, staying for one night then off to business at Wembley Stadium. The area heading towards the hotel gave me doubts about the 'quality' in the hotel name

The Area
Looking at the front the hotel, it suited the run down area in which it was placed. It had a shabby 1980's over hang on the front. To be honest large rear parking was a blessing because I was frightened about parking my car on the street. I was relieved to find out the gates to the car park were locked 2330. Watch out if you have a van as there is evidence of scraping on the low bridge at the car peak entrance!

Inside
A sigh of relief on first entering the building. The reception/bar area looked to be recently updated and was clean with a few chairs and tv in the lounge. My sister had booked 4 rooms and check in was reasonably quick and cheerful. There was a tiny lift that barely fits 4 adults. interestingly there were 3 steps near the entrance to the lift so watch out wheel-chair users. All our rooms were next to each other. 202-205 so that was quite handy.

The Room
The room was reasonable, first thing I noticed was the heavenly air-con as it was a 30 degree hot day. The room had a cheap fit out with all furniture showing signs of age. No tv remote and we had 2 hair dryers as the fitted one was broken. All sockets were cracked but working. The linen was clean and the bed was rather hard for a hotel but i had no problem sleeping. The paint job was reasonable. Carpet was old but clean. Tea and coffee facilities with odd cups. The bathroom was adequate I liked the shower which was powerful for a soothing back massage. Fixtures around the toilet had started falling to pieces and there was a little mould around the outside of the shower cubicle.

The Restaurant/Bar
We decided to dine in the hotel as it was getting late and we did not want to venture outside. The restaurant was a reasonable size in a conservatory. It was quite hot and we had to pick up drinks at the bar, which had no ice. Interestingly, the receptionist was also the bar man but he was very helpful with a smile. He also remembered the long number password for wifi by heart. Wine (only rose available) was served in champagne flutes and there were no glasses for coke. For pints of stella, we had nice chalices so no complaints from the gents. The portions that came for main courses were huge for the price, I didn't complain. Food was decent and our table was cleared quickly. As there was no ice, there was a juice machine that provided cold water in the restaurant which was handy. We moved into the lounge and were served whiskys in tall dirty glasses.

Overall
I thought it was a reasonable stay for the money. I believe management should focus on the smaller things to make the hotel a decent place to stay. Possibly will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: 202 - 205 were decent rooms against others I have seen on Trip Advisor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Philip H
Nottingham
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here on a cheap rate, having to catch an early flight the next morning from Luton Airoprt which is 10 minutes drive away.
On arrival they had no details of my booking and was told they were busy, I had to e-mail them my reservation from my smartphone ! Generally the staff were pleasant though.
The grounds of the hotel were messy and it was on quite a busy road.
The room looked as if it had had a good refit about 10 years ago and nothing had been done since. Decor was tired, carpet was seriously grotty, the en suite did not look that clean either.
The bed and bed linen were good though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business