“Two visits in one month”
Review of Adam's Brasserie

Adam's Brasserie
Ranked #38 of 334 Restaurants in Luton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Luton Hoo is a magnificent and luxurious historic country house hotel with five stars to its name as well as an 18 hole golf course, and over 1000 acres of parkland and gardens designed by ���England's greatest gardener��� Capability Brown. With its posh pedigree and overwhelming grandeur, this hotel is home to Adam's Brasserie ��� a quaint eatery complete with beamed ceilings, plush red carpets and a menu filled with old time favourites. Set in the Stables building, designed by Robert Adams, the walls in Adam's Brasserie are lined with film stills from movies filmed at Luton Hoo, and the jovial atmosphere is ideal for lazy luncheons and romantic rendezvous.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our first experience of Adam's Brasserie was for a family 60th birthday lunch, a party of 10, including two children, and I can honestly say it was perfection. The welcome was excellent, the food was very good and whilst the ambience of the room was slightly lacking a "Christmassy" feel, the characters at the table more than made up for it! The bill was extremely reasonable, despite numerous drinks, as most of the party had selected food from the festive menu. It certainly beats a certain 5 star hotel on the outskirts of Watford for drinks prices.

As a surprise our family had booked us in for a night during the period between Christmas and New Year so we opted to dine again in Adam's Brasserie. Our booking was for 8pm, but despite this late hour the restaurant was full of children, including babies in prams and toddlers in highchairs. All were well behaved but I wonder if this is the norm in the restaurant or whether it was because of the festive period. If you are looking for a child-free dining experience, well this is not the place for you.

The food was of the same high quality as we had experienced at our lunch party. However, the smoked haddock croquette starter with hollandaise sauce and baby herbs was very poor - one croquette cut in half on a splash of hollandaise with what looked like a scattering of mustard and cress. Come on Adam's Brasserie surely at least two croquettes! I understand the concept of fine dining but pricing this starter at £7.75 is excessive! My husband was most put out as my ham hock terrine starter (£7.75) was substantial.

Overall, we preferred our lunch experience. We would not return for dinner.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Took my wife here for her birthday.

It was midweek around 2000hrs and there were only a couple of other tables occupied.

Food was very nice, probably the best steak i have eaten, it felt like silk!

Service was very good.

I spent £110 for 2 of us, 3 courses and moderately priced (for their wine list) wine.

Is the setting enough to pay that much per head??? For the restaurant in the main mansion house pheraps, but here im not so sure. I have eaten in high end London restaurants for this much or less, so thats why im giving 4* and not 5.

That is not to detract from the food and service, the setting is very nice too, but is the actual interior of the restaurant nice enough at this price, that is my only very small point.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The service was superb and ask for the poached eggs they were perfect. There was plenty of choice for everyone and nothing is too much trouble

Reviewed December 16, 2012

All very nice, cocktails are at an eye watering price...but a lovely evening out. Service is amazing and the team ensure you are made very welcome.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ate here this lunchtime as part of a Spa day

Service was good (although the waitress admitted she'd not tried the wines so couldnt recommend one?? Thought this was surprising for a 5* hotel)

Nonetheless, I chose a really good Mont Rocher red - lovely, Had a nice glass of chilled champagne each too. I thought the wine list was reasonably priced

We dined on a fixed price deal (as part of the Spa day) - I did think that the main course prices were a lot if bought individually.

That being said, the food was pretty good, we particularly enjoyed the pan roasted chicken on sweet corn puree with fried herb gnocchi. The gnocchi were superb. Was it worth the £17.50 we'd have paid per dish if it wasn't part of the package? Probably not.

Our starters were reasonable, my wife expected her grilled feta salad to be warm - it wasnt. My Smoked Mackerel mousse was nice, although the beetroot puree it came with was surpisingly sweet.

For pudding we had a raspberry creme brulee and a banoffee sundae which was good. The brulee was quite small considering it cost the same as the sundae which was more substantial.

I also had the cheese and biscuits which I thought was a bit of a damp squib to be honest and wouldn't have next time.

Overall, we enjoyed the experience, the drinks and puddings added an extra £78 to the bill bringing the total bill to the day (including the spa) to almost £400.00 - so not necessarily a cheap day.