“Noisy but Nice!”
Review of The Leaside Hotel

The Leaside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great place to stay in Luton. Fantastic room. Spacious, modern, well equipped. Large, comfy bed. Good en suite. Flat screen TV and air con. Friendly service. Secure car park, good bar and restaurant and beer garden too. I would have no hesitation staying here again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My room faced to main road and railway line. There was a lot of traffic noise and the odd train thun...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I can't speak for the rest of the rooms in the hotel. But ours had an air con unit that liked to make a rather loud buzzing noise every 10 minutes or so. Almost like having an alarm clock going off every 10 minutes. It even did it, but less often when it was not in use. So we eventually turned it off on the wall. Not ideal when it was reaching 28 degrees outside and you are in a room on the top floor. Surely someone would have sorted this out!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked the Superior Double room to give myself a little more luxury after a long drive. I arrived about 10pm and met by an efficient guy who welcomed me properly and organised access to the gated car park.
The room was an acceptable size but a few basics were missing, for a Superior room:
The only towel supplied was a small one; it may have been a bath towel if I had been seven years old, but I'm not. Next time please supply an adult bath towel?
After the long journey and the restaurant was closed, even a single biscuit on my tea tray would have been a treat. Next time please consider treating us to a little packet of biscuits?
Without going into great detail, the value toilet paper reminded me of tissue paper at school. It must be more economic to provide some quality here?
My last gripe was that there were loud guests and visitors outside my window and they eventually dispersed gone midnight. The guy on reception had, in all fairness, been trying to quieten them down since my arrival.
On a positive note, breakfast was varied, tasty and freshly cooked and my off-menu order of a fried slice accommodated without question. The server was attentive yet discreet.
In summary, would I stay here again. Possibly, but attention to the low cost issues would increase the value of what is offered in this quirky building in a busy part of the area.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We held our wedding reception here 31st May 2013.

The attentive service we received from Milena, General manager from the day of our enquiry throughout our Wedding day was first class.
We had a finger buffet twice during the day and the quality and presentation was excellent. The service from the staff was superb and efficient. The reception rooms we had were ideal for our small wedding party, cosy with lots of character and the conservatory was light and airy. we had use of the outside terrace as it was a beautiful sunny day.

The happy couple

James and Sandra Williams
We stayed the night in a beautiful room, which had a Jacuzzi, which was decorated by Milena, which gave it a special touch.

We had breakfast the following morning, with a choice of full English freshly cooked, or continental. We had the Full English which was fantastic.

All in all, would definitely recommend The Leaside Hotel for any celebration.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were celebrating my Sister's 40th Birthday, May 4th weekend. My sister booked most of the rooms for family and friends, as my Sister wanted a Major party and it was. My praise goes to Melayna and all the staff that helped make my Sister's birthday party very very special . Words cannot express how helpful and fabulous the staff were that Saturday afternoon when we were setting up, Melayna and her staff made sure we had everything we needed. The party went off without one hitch, we will definitely hold a party again at your hotel as long as Leaside will have us. All of our family and friends could not stop raving about the rooms and service, they will all come back for a weekend get away in the near future. Cheers again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are larger and sunny, even though i thought all the rooms had there own special beauty...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here recently and it was fantastic! Upon arrival the hotel was beautiful looking, and going through to the reception a nice friendly welcome! All the staff were fantastic couldn't do more for you! We stayed in the Coach House Suite, and I couldn't believe it the room was above expectation it was amazing and really spacious and very clean and the sauna bath is fantastic! The dinner in the hotel is gorgeous and a very good price too! And again the staff were sooo friendly and exceptionally helpful and can I just say that the ladies toilets in the bar area are beautifully finished, they really have thought about everything! I would definitely go back. The only downside is the location, as its right near Luton town as it's not the nicest place! But saying that next to the hotel is a massive green and is beautiful for a nice stroll! So overall fantastic! I will definitely be going back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My recent stay at the hotel was a very pleasant experience. The room was nice with a really good shower. The TV was a little small but not really an issue to be honest as there were a few large screens in the bar area. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and made the trip an enjoyable one. The bar was a nice area with plenty of comfortable seating and I imagine when its warmer the outside seating being a good spot to enjoy a few drinks. The food was fantastic, more than enough selection too. Had the breakfast whilst I stayed too, selection of everything and the cooked breakfast was good. The car park is free too which is a bonus and fairly secure. The only problem you might have is finding it with a satnav. Mine took me to the front which is a main road but access into the hotel is round the back. So if you enter 'villa road' Luton and go in that way there shouldnt be a problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Icon Hotel Luton
Thistle Express Luton
#10 of 26 in Luton
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to The Leaside Hotel? Share your experiences!