“Very Smart”
Review of The Leaside Hotel

The Leaside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here whilst on business in the south. Very close proximity to Luton airport (about 5 minutes). Very central to Luton centre, 5 minute walk to shopping centre. Parking off road is also a bonus. Very smart hotel,well decorated with excellent breakfast. Receptionist when I arrived was very polite and definitely a good advert for the hotel. Bedroom had flat screen, bath with shower, and although room was quite hot at night, there was a portable fan within the room to cool it down. Tea and coffee facilities also provided in room. Bar and food also very good with first class service. One of the best value for money hotels that I have stayed in ( got a good late rate). nothing to complain about really. if back down in the area I would have no questions as to where to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HihglandStevie

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Leaside Hotel is a wonderful hotel. Quintessentially British with a very nice pub, clean, modern rooms, and close to train or air traffic. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in or around the Luton area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marian C
Reviewed September 5, 2012

smart, tidy, clean, nicely decorated, bar , great food, massive portions, good value, what else can you ask for in a hotel.

Easy distance to airport too

Down side- narrow stairs to room and a heavy case it was hard work but...

I would recommend this hotel, very good value and the best that I have stayed in, in Luton (and i have stayed in a lot at this price!!! They do not compare)

Room Tip: I had one with a skylight (Velux) the moon was really bright during the night and it woke me up for...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tony809
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked to stay here for my boyfriends birthday last month and we genuinely had a wonderful time.

I had popped in earlier in the day to decorate the room, which the reception and cleaning staff kindly offered to do for me. We arrived to a swift and polite check in, and to a beautifully decorated room and champagne on ice. I had booked the Coach House suite, which for anyone wanting a romantic evening is the perfect choice. The room was impeccably clean and the standard of decor was that of a 5* hotel. The jacuzzi was a really nice touch.

We were out for dinner in Harpenden that evening but we had a drink on the terrace before, which when the sun is shining is a pretty sun trap, perfect for relaxing.

The hotel is very close to the train station so an ideal location if travelling into London too.

We came back well after 12 that evening, and to our surprise the bar was still open to residents so we treated ourselves to a nightcap!

In the morning, I ordered breakfast downstairs, and they had no problem with me taking it back up to bed. There was everything you could want or need on the menu, including continental choices and a Full English breakfast.

The breakfast was delicious, and I am very fussy about scrambled egg, and it was lovely! Huge portions and a perfect hangover cure!

We had lunch later on that day on the terrace, my partner had a pizza and I had a burger, both of which were lovely, and again huge portions.

This really is a top boutique hotel, friendly staff, relaxed but professional atmosphere. It is defiantly somewhere I'd visit again. It makes a really nice change to all the chain hotels filling up towns and cities.

Room Tip: When booking a room ask for an upgrade if possible, by the time you arrive a better room may be avai...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AmyLou333
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here recently for one night, it was fine but left me feeling underwelmed and was not worth the money I paid. We selected hotel as flying into and out of Luton to attend Olympics. Booked in and kept waiting for 5 mins while receptionist was on phone (not work related conversation), room was nice, we dropped off out bags and headed for London and games. We were back about 2am. Shower had to be held as no clip to hold it, there was no shampoo (I had bought none as travelling on hand luggage only and assumed wrongly that all good hotels provided shampoo), there was no shower caps! The room was nice but train passed within 80 m of window (but so tired we hardly heard it). Breakfast was mediocre, no real coffee, just make your own instant coffee. Lovely girl serving breakfast. At £102 for 8 hrs, I felt ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Galway_lass007
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I attempted to contact the hotel to book a room, unfortunately didnt get that far as the receptionist put the phone down on me, I attempted to call bacck another 2 times only for the ignorant soul to put the phone down on me before I even uttered a word. Not impressed !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank matthew m
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at The Leaside for 2 nights for our daughter's graduation. The hotel is very nice and the staff were friendly. We stayed in room 109, when we arrived all we could hear was the extractor fan in the kitchen below us. We spoke to the receptionist and she assured us it would be switched off when they finished cooking at 10pm and it was. The breakfast was lovely a good choice for all tastes. The hotel is very close to the shopping centre, just a short walk. Our only niggle was that the floor was VERY creaky both in our room and the corridor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moore89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Icon Hotel Luton
Thistle Express Luton
#10 of 26 in Luton
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to The Leaside Hotel? Share your experiences!