“Little things mean a lot!”

Holiday Inn Luton-South
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Luton
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Little things mean a lot!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stay here on a regular basis - last weekend being the latest visit - We love it and will keep on visiting. But I would like to have just a teeny moan about the last two visits - the lack of newspapers - I know - its not earth shattering - but its a service that we've asked for and not got. Actually we did manage one morning paper - it was delivered very early and the staff member knocked on our door until I woke up. What about the old style 'shove it under the door / leave it outside??' Come on Luton South - shake yourselves up and get the little things sorted - you are a fab team! PS - Congrats on your promotion Ella - we miss you on reception! Tracy and Adrian

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on an organised trip via Diamond Holidays, and was from check in which was fast & efficient.

Rooms - nice & clean not massive but big enough.

Food- lovely it was buffet style and very hot & plentiful waiting staff & chefs very nice couldn't do enough for us. Even rearranged tables to get us all sat together.

Bar- a bit pricey but the staff again fab, very helpful no issues with us dressing the terrace area.

After I checked out and returned home I realised if left a dress in the room, a quick call to the hotel who confirmed they had found my dress & it was sent back to me recorded delivery at no cost to me (I did offer) fantastic service will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
Stephanie W, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Luton South following your visit with the Diamond Holidays group.
I am delighted with the positive comments you have made regarding the hotel and its Team Members. I will ensure that this is passed on and shared with everyone who looked after you so well.
I hope that you may reccommend the hotel to your friends and family and that you may choose to visit us again in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed June 24, 2014

nice hotel to stay in when you travel by car, as it is far away from the city. Nice room and restaurant. Big plus for the pool and fittness:)
Friendly and helpfull staff.
One huge minus is that you need to pay extra for wifi....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Attended a party here on Saturday night.
The staff were so polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. the room was laid up beautifully.
The presentation of the various buffet food items were very appealing. The hotel even catered for us - gluten/diary free guests. Our food was extremely tasty and well presented.
Bar prices were a little steep, but
I would not hesitate to return and stay at the hotel and use the facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nettuno186338
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Firstly may I thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the party you attended at the hotel. Ensuring all our customer needs are catered for is essential to our business, so I am very pleased your dietary requirements were exceeded. We strive to ensure every customer experience is a very positive one, and I am delighted that your feedback regarding the staff reflects this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Would like to thank all the staff and the hotel for their excellent customer service, food and attention to detail.
The staff could not be more helpful, polite,happy and the food was superb-I would recommend the hotel for any party or event.

The bedrooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. not noisy at all considering next to the busy road!
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice even for gluten free customers!

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and business colleagues

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daniela T
Dear Daniela
Thank you for your very kind feedback after your recent party at the hotel. I am particularly delighted that you found the staff polite, helpful and happy, I have passed your comments onto them all.
It was a pleasure to be involved with your function and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Luton South in the near future. Thank you once again for your recommendation.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

After returning from a business trip I realised that I had left my I Phone charger plugged in the room. I immediately contacted the hotel and they said they would post it on to me. They never did do I can only assume that one of the staff took the charger rather than hand it in.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Grasiemck
Stephanie W, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton-South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel via the main switchboard (01582449988) or email residentmanager.hiluton@qmh-hotels.com so I can discuss your missing phone charger.
I can assure you that your phone charger would not have been taken by any of my Team Members.
I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Truly crummy. We arrived to check in to a loud, foul-mouthed dispute between the desk clerk and a patron who had already been served far too often. The clerk was extremely patient, but the whole check-in lasted at least 15 minutes, and left us with frayed nerves. After finding our room, we called room service as instructed, and were told we'd be better-off ordering at the bar. When we reached the bar, there was a barman and (duty?) manager arguing, again in a foul-mouthed manner, and again about Mr. Drunk-too-much. Several minutes went by without acknowledgment, let alone service. A young lady came and went, then the manager said he had to take care of something else before serving us.

We finally ordered and sat down, whereupon we witnessed a discussion (foul-mouthed and fully audible) between the barman who took our order, and the person assigned to prepare it, about how there weren't to be any more food orders. Eventually the food arrived, and it was decent enough, but we left very soon after, since it was just too depressing to warrant staying.

The bar was smoky, damp and uninviting, due to the fact that the door to the smoking zone was open. There were also ample cigarette butts on the carpet, beer bottles and cans under the furniture, and large puddles on the bar. Simply nasty.

The room was clean and comfortable, and we slept well, but everything else about the visit was a grim, low-end experience. This is all too reminiscent of past times when customer service was a concept unknown to the hotel sector, and an embarrassment to the UK. Utterly desperate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Quarterjack
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. We certainly welcome feedback as an opportunity to improve areas for the benefit of all of our guests.
I am deeply saddened to read your comments, as I can assure you this is not typical of the customer service we provide, feedback regarding our Team Members is usually exceptional. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not provide your contact details but I would very much like to discuss your experience in more detail. I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel via the main switchboard 01582449988 or email residentmanager.hiluton@qmh-hotels.com
I look forward to speaking to you.