“Excellent”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Greater Manchester
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here on an Alfa Coach Holiday. The room, food and the staff were excellent. Our case was missing when we went to our room but Zoe tracked it down in no time at all.
Every member of staff we came in contact with were brilliant. The waitresses at breakfast were superb. They were a font of all knowledge and very friendly. The porridge was excellent!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thankyou for leaving us your feedback about your visit here last week with Alfa Travel. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel and I am glad that you felt that we exceeded your standards and helped to make your trip enjoyable. I have passed your comments onto those that you have mentioned, in particular Zoe who helped you to find your lost luggage.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Joanna Taylor, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My partner and I were staying at the hotel as we were attending a wedding in the nearby St Albans. I really enjoyed my stay here. The food in the bar area is more the kind of food I would like to eat than in the restaurant and would recommend the pizza. The pool was heated which is a lovely change for me. The customer service though was amazing from all of the staff. I could not work the shower but when I rang down someone came to help me in about 5 minutes. Also there was a girl who was on reception who was so helpful. A refreshing change to stay somewhere where the staff are all exceptional. I found the hotel to be great value for money. People had also mentioned in previous posts about it being difficult to find and that it would be difficult to get to if not driving. I got a bus from St Albans train station to outside the hotel and the same on the way back which cost about £3.50 and it was approximately £15-20 for a taxi from Luton Airport. The room was great, we had a choice of pillows.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thankyou for taking your time to leave us all your feedback about your stay with us recently. I am delighted that you found everything to be of a good standard and in particular that you enjoyed your Pizza and took advantage of our heated pool. I will pass all of your comments onto the relevant departments who I am sure will also be very please to hear that they have helped to make your stay and enjoyable one.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Joanna taylor, Operations Manager
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

A Large group of Ladies stayed here on Bank Holiday Saturday. We thought the package deal was fantastic value for money. All the staff that we came into contact with were friendly, personable and Chris the Restaurant Manager went out of his way to make sure we all had a lovely time. With 22 booked in our party we still received a very high standard of service and nothing was too much trouble.

Highly recommended, great value for money and a totally seamless service.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I would like to thankyou for taking the time to give us your feedback about your evening you had with us last Saturday. It was a pleasure to have you here at the Hotel and we are really delighted to read that you had a fantastic evening. I have passed all of your comments onto our Team Members, and also Chris to whom you gave a special mention.

I hope I can welcome you and your guests back to the Hotel in the near future for another event.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I took my son for a treat during bank holiday weekend. The pool was beautiful and little used. Kids eat and stay free so the total cost for drinks/dinner and bed and breakfast was £80. We thought this represented great value.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 233 which was great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
thankyou for leaving us your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I was really pleased to read that you and your son had an enjoyable stay and that you took advantage of our pool. Also, it is especially nice to hear our guests tell us that we are great value for money.

I hope I can welcome you back to the Hotel soon,

Kind regards

Sheffield, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stay here probably four times a year on business, normally just overnight sometimes longer. No issues finding a parking space although I do think the car park could be better lit at night. Check in is always fast and efficient. Ella checked me in and was very friendly. My room was on the 2nd floor at the rear of the hotel. Room was clean and spacious with variety of pillows and comfortable bed. Tea/Coffee facillities available and replaced each day. Flatscreen TV was good with plenty of channels. Bathroom was very clean and water was hot. Many of the rooms are a little dated but this is really not an issue, I look for comfort and service ahead of decor. The room got a little cool overnight but once I turned the heating on for 5 mins it was fine. I got a call from reception 20 mins after arrival to check all was well. Breakfast was nice and cooked to order as the hotel was fairly quiet. Service from all the staff was very good and friendly - it makes a difference.I haven't used any leisure facilities so cannot comment on those. Internet access was available at a charge, many hotels are offering this free and maybe the Holiday Inn's would benefit from a similar approach. Overall, a good hotel and good service. I'll be back in summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thankyou for leaving us your comments and feedback about your stay at our Hotel earlier this month. I was delighted to read that you felt we offered great service here and the Team are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful.
Next time you stay with us could I recommend you take use of our leisure facilities which I am sure you will enjoy also.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the summer.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the HI for a weekend with my wife and two boys whilst attending a Couples Weekend Retreat. The Manager and the whole team were extremely helpful and I have no complaint. Very patient team and hard working. The rooms were extremely clean (through out the weekend) and the leisure facilities commendable. My only worry is that they charge for internet access which is disappointing in this age. I still love the place but I hope they will realise that small things such as internet access do matter a lot to some.

Room Tip: You could get better deals online if you book in advance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us your comments about your recent stay. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular that you took advantage of our leisure facilities. I am also happy that you found the rooms to be clean and of a good standard and I will pass your comments onto our Houekeeping Department.

Thankyou once again for your feedback and I hope I can welcome you back to the Hotel at some time in the near future.

Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay here using priority club points - the hotel was very easy to find, and really convenient just a mile from the M1 for driving into London. We had an executive room which was a good size but not very well laid out - I think HIexpress rooms have a better layout and lighting. The staff were super efficient and all very friendly in all departments: the check in at reception was good, and they happily printed us maps of places we needed to get to. Loved the trio of elder ladies in the breakfast room - they were very helpful :) We would happily stay here again. Must say though that the rooms do feel a bit tired ... all that dark wood furniture doesn't help. We had problems with the heating - couldn't get the air conditioning to blow warm air (and when it did it was so noisy) but they did give us a simple convector heater instead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HILutonSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Luton - South M1, Jct 9, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
It is a pleasure to read your comments about your recent stay with us. It is particuarly nice to read that you found our Team Members attentive and efficient and I will pass these comments onto the Team who I am sure will be happy to know that they helped to make your stay an enjoyable one. With regards to the condition of the rooms, a couple of our rooms are in need of some refurbishment and we have an ongoing programme of improvements that I hope you will notice next time you visit. We have recently installed brand new flat screen TV's in all of our rooms as standard and are continuing to look for ways in which we can improve in this area.

Thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.