“Just what we needed”
Review of Chiltern Hotel

Chiltern Hotel
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to a very welcoming greeting after a 5hr journey, and a quick check in. We were located on 3rd floor and found the room itself spacious, though the bathroom was a little cramped and could have done with a deep clean with regard the black marks around the edge of the bath. Must admit though on this occasion we didn't have breakfast because of the earlier comments and as we had another long day ahead of us do felt we needed a decent breakfast to set us up so went else where, sorry. But would definitely use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
LTN911, Manager at Chiltern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

May I thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor to share the benefit of your experience and for choosing Chiltern Hotel. I am delighted to note you enjoyed your visit.

We are working our way through a refurbishment of all rooms at The Hotel and have completed the first floor with a further 29 about to commence in September 2013.

Your positive comments regarding the staff will be shared; I know they will all take great satisfaction from your feedback.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion, when you can be assured of our personal attention.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed at the Chiltern on the 3rd of August as part of a coach tour. I Wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews so was pleasantly surprised with our stay there. Staff were welcoming and efficient on our arrival and our room was clean and comfortable . A three course meal was included which was of a good quality with three choices each for starter, main and dessert. The waiting staff were friendly and did a very good job. Bar prices were reasonably priced also. Breakfast was also of a good quality. It was busy in the restaurant but as two coach parties were being catered for this was to be expected. Having said this, we didn't have to wait and there was plenty of good hot food available. If I was to be visiting this area again I would happily stay at the Chiltern hotel.

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your positive feedback regarding all aspects of the hotel. This opportunity to review guest satisfaction is invaluable as it enables us to assess our performance and improve where necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to share the benefit of your experience and for choosing Chiltern Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 5, 2013

An excellent hotel in the just of the M1 into Luton. An excellent reception with plenty of Car-parking in this clean and smart almost boutique hotel. Staff smart, knowledgeable and attentive. Use by Park & Go for Luton Airport but ideal for business. WiFi throughout.

Restaurant very good menu with casual dining as an alternative in the bar, rooms excellent and well presented with room to work.

Room Tip: quiet throughout
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor; it was a delight to read your comments.

The Management team and staff are committed to providing the very best service and experience for all our guests, every day. Therefore it is most reassuring that we reached your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

stayed at this hotel this weekend 3rd august,we came on a coach trip and fair enough only paid £95 per person for the trip to London/harry potter and a stay at this hotel,we were put into a double room and we had booked a triple ,my son is 6ft and had to sleep on a put up bed,they offered us another room but we declined has we were only there one night so my hubby just asked for extra bacon (cheeky as he is),the food well didn't expect top class food but expected a decent meal but no it was terrible but we ate because we were hungry,the breakfast was like a cattle market,one staff member for about 50 people so didn't eat breakfast,this hotel needs more staff and some order as its not being managed well at all .we complained and got told sorry you need to take it up with your tour company, no we don't you are to blame not the tour company

Dear Reviewer,

I am disappointed to note your feedback regarding your visit to Chiltern Hotel; I am very sorry that you felt the hotel did not meet with your expectations.

I note your comment regarding the room mix up being bought to the attention of our Management team in order for us to address this immediately, you were offered an alternative bedroom, however you did decline our gesture.

In regards to your comments concerning the food, I am sorry this was not to your liking. We have a full and ongoing training programme which I will review in line with your comments.

I do hope you will view these shortfalls as isolated and that you will allow us an opportunity to demonstrate all that we have to offer.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

we stayed overnight with national holidays for a london and harry potter weekend. reception was efficient when we arrived, the room was quite nicely decorated with bright n cheerful colours,bathroom had a bath n shower maybe cleaning could be slightly better. We had an evening meal which was basic and not very filling maybe it was a deal with the coach company? service quite good The bar area was ok and there was a seating area outside for the lovely sunny evening. Breakfast was well cooked nice lean bacon, beans, scrambled eggs tomatoes, potatoes sausages, maybe the food area could be better organized with spaces in between drinks and food and toast etc as it was chaos with the amount of people queuing.overall if in this area would stay again.

Room Tip: front room on 3rd floor was quieter n sunny

Dear Reviewer,

May I thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor, guest feedback of any nature, whether it be negative or positive is essential in monitoring whether our guests’ expectations are being met.

Your comments will be shared with the team; I know they will all take great satisfaction from your feedback, and also strive to improve our current breakfast system for groups.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

When me and my colleague stayed here we booked a twin room. So after a hard 15 hour working day we were a little frustrated to find we had a double room. So we went back to reception and they let us have a free drink while they sorted the problem. Which eventually they did. Not having a spare room they put me in a room with no TV, or kettle. But with a radiator that wouldn't turn off. I assume it was one of the rooms that is joined into another room. (1 part of a family room type thing) because if I'd have wanted to I could have opened the door to the. Next room. By the time we had got our rooms sorted they had stopped serving food. So we had to venture out. And we were glad we did. There's a delightful little Indian about 5 minutes away.
The rooms were clean, and bathrooms and shower all good. So can't really complain about them.
Breakfast was also good. Just a shame about the mess up with the room and the time it took to sort another out.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to note you had some negative experiences during your visit.

Guest feedback of any nature, whether it be negative or positive is essential in monitoring whether our guests’ expectations are being met.

I am most pleased you enjoyed your room, bathroom and breakfast and do hope you will have an opportunity to return to Chiltern Hotel, when you can be assured of our personal attention.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had two rooms on the first and the second floor. The first floor room had been refurbished but to a poor standard. The shower didn't work as it was not adjustable and sprayed scalding hot water. Upstairs, the room was very tatty and extremely hot, no air con (there was aircon in the first floor room but it didn't work). The public areas were very tired and dated. I would never stay here again. TV worked OK and food was just about OK.

Room Tip: If you find you have to stay here, ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
LTN911, Manager at Chiltern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I was very sorry to read your comments on TripAdvisor and may I firstly apologise for the inconvenience caused and the disappointment you experienced.

Our normal standards do not reflect the points within your report and we are very sorry to have let both ourselves and you down on this occasion. We are very sorry for this and will endeavour to improve our systems as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you are considering another visit to Luton , on this occasion I will ensure you have the best possible allocation upgrade to one of our newly refurbished rooms and the lowest possible rate along with a welcome “cup of peace” drink of choice on arrival.

I am very grateful for your comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,