“Great value and very handy for the terminal”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I must admit to relatively low expectations of this hotel but I was more than pleasantly surprised. My room cost just £44.95 (room only) and it was very comfortable (especially the new bed which they are justly proud of), clean and with an efficient 'pod' bathroom. I was just in time to order some hot food (they stop serving after 10pm) and had a good lamb burger with excellent chips for £10.95. All in all a very good well run hotel less than ten minutes walk from departures and served by the airport bus from Luton Airport Parkway, and really good value compared to some of the local alternatives.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ianchel
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear lanchel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am very pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and we really appreciate all of the positive feedback, especially about the Ibis Sweet Bed.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future for another great stay. Thank you once again for recommending us.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at The Ibis for one night and it served the purpose. The rooms are fine, nothing special, staff friendly and the restaurant not too bad at all. Would I stay again? If I'm honest if the Holiday Inn Express right next door had a vacancy I'd probably opt for that : /

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PODGE19

Dear PODGE19,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy to hear you were at least satisfied with your experience and received everything you expected.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ibis prior to an early am flight to Budapest.

Like other Ibis hotels we've stayed in this is basic, but clean and has all necessary facilities for a short one-night stay. The room is fairly small, but again, very much served the purpose necessary.

Good shower in the bathroom and extra pillows available.

Well worth checking out the cafe for food also. We enjoyed a gammon steak and fish and chips (although not easy to eat out of a basket!).

Friendly staff who were able to deal with all of our questions/queries without any trouble.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nickrailroad11

Dear Nickrailroad11,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Ibis London Luton Airport. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay on the whole and that both our team and our facilities met your expectations. Thank you also for recommending our restaurant. The team will really be encouraged by your comments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for an even better experience.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Early flight and living 300 miles away means an overnight hotel.£54 PREPAID with nothing back if you cancel is great value at any airport.Room great bathroom good staff nice and helpful.Taxi to airport £6 shared with another lady was also top value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank blackarrowthree

Dear blackarrowthree,

Wow! Thank you so much for giving your experience at Ibis Luton Airport a perfect score. We are all so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and found us to be great value for money. The team will be really encouraged to hear your positive feedback.

We hope we have the opportunity in the future to impress you again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a transit facility that should be considered by anyone departing early or arriving late at Luton Airport. It is situated about 15 minutes walk from the terminal and about a minute’s walk from the main Airport access road. However, the walk is an uphill one travelling to the terminal.

My online booking ensured a smooth check in and I was quickly installed in a light, airy, simple, small but more than adequately equipped room with tea and coffee facilities. The room was warm, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had the usual washbasin, shower and toilet. The toilet could have been better cleaned but everything else in the bathroom was spotless.

The bed was extremely comfortable and I turned back the covers to look at a clean mattress. The blackout offered by the blinds and curtains were perfect for me, a light sleeper when daylight penetrates the room.

Dinner was fine. It appears to be mainly Pub Grub, not gourmet but tasty choices. English breakfast is a bargain and freshly cooked. The acoustics in the dining room favours those loud conversationalists over those who prefer quieter surrounds. There is an area between the bar and lounge that may offer slightly quieter accommodation but the tables are more suited to placing drinks on rather than plates of food.

Although offered the choice of an alarm call I remained independent. The TV instructions seemed to indicate that you could set it to switch on at a predetermined time but this facility did not appear to be implemented.

Overall, a suitable level of comfort and service for a one, perhaps 2 night stay at a good price. May I suggest that if you suffer a handicap that precludes you from using a shower, you check on the availability of accommodation that includes a bath.

I would use this Hotel whenever my journey times to and from Luton Airport required my to consider overnight accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael H

Dear mikehump3,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience at Ibis London Luton Airport. I really enjoyed reading it. I am happy to hear you were very satisfied with your experience throughout your stay. Your positive comments will really encourage the team to improve even more.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again for recommending us.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed for one night to facilitate seeing off teenaged daughter at 5.20am. Paid £33 for a twin room. OK, room was small but perfectly functional and clean and had bath as well as a shower. Managed to get a parking space. Staff were friendly and helpful. Beds were comfy and hotel was quiet. Hotel is only 10 minute walk from terminal so, particularly given the price, it was almost perfect. Only gripe was noise from lift mechanism which was persistent but I am a light sleeper and it may not bother others.

Room Tip: I could hear the lift mechanism in my room so a room away from the lifts may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear CrasterWombat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Ibis london Luton Airport. We are grateful for the positive comments and I am glad to hear that you were very satisfied with our facilities and services. Sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the lift motor. We are aware of the issue and are looking to have the lift repaired in the the near future, hopefully making it less disruptive.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you will consider staying here again in the future for an even better stay.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Yes, it might be strange tittle but it has meaning. My stay at this hotel was horrible, Unwelcome by evening Receptionist, room was very small for two persons, Bar staff showed face sadness, no smile no eye contact...bar man asked my room number in load voice when lobby was busy and he repeat load again...We has food that served without tissue. Bar man refused to charge my invoice to my room number but he could not ask if I can pay directly. Very low customer service, very small room, not good food, unfriendly staff. I will never come back and I won't recommended to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Sbounty,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Luton Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that action has already been taken to ensure there are no similar incidents in the future.

Yours Sincerely