“Great value hotel”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Luton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel before our flight to Bucharest. Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed at a good price. The weather was very good at the time and we were able to sit out on the terrace in the evening. Food good. Unfortunately, can't be so positive about Luton Airport. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coolbawn
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Coolbawn,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at ibis London Luton Airport and thank you for rating your experience 5 out of 5! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am glad that you made use of our popular terrace area. It is a great place to enjoy the sun and watch the planes take off and land. Once again, thank you for sharing and we all hope to see you back with us in the near future.
Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are using this hotel as an overnight stay before an early flight DO NOT rely on the incompetent Reception Staff to call you for an early wake up call.

I have worked in hotels for 6 years now, and to be so close to the airport they must realize many of the guests will have flights to catch and not receiving a wake up call is completely unacceptable.

I asked for a 6am call and asked Reception if my phone was working only to be told rather rudely that it was fine.... I was very unsure as i could not hear a dial tone.... I asked again and was met with the same reply. I trusted they could do there job.

The next morning I woke myself up only at 7.10 am my flight was at 7.50 am.

Frantically running down to Reception and explaining what had happened the staff could not care less. In the rush I left a few belongings behind coat etc... when i reached my destination i called the hotel to have my things sent only for them to tell me they did not find anything in my room.

I only made my flight as it was delayed 25mins.

Would never use this hotel again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you do chose to stay in this hotel, Take your on alarm and don't expect anything from the Rec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rachel s
Dear Rachel s,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Luton Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and also to asure you that the professionalism and competency of the staff has improved since November as illustrated in our recent reviews.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Luton Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.
Best Regards

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have stayed at a umber of Accor Group hotels, so when booking a holiday trip involving a flight from Luton I had no hesitation in Booking here in order that was ready early and refreshed. Oh dear!!

On arrival, the hotel was up to the normal high standard one has gotten to expect from the Accor Group and the rooms lived up to the quality,cleanliness, and high standard one has got used to.

Unfortunately the staff I encountered on this trip did not live up to the normal high standard of customer care...Was more a case of couldn't care!!

For convenience had a meal for 4 in restaurant . Tow fish and chips arrived without peas..no big deal but was told could wait for them ..by which time other meals would be cold. No offer of reduction or anything else

Leaving very early so settled up bill before goring to bed.....mistake as they must have registered room as vacant...as droppoimg off to sleep suddenly awakened by someone walking into the room..despite ;locked door!! Phone down to reception to be asked twenty questions..as to whom I was etc. Didn't answer merely asked them who did they think was in the room!!!

Was not happy and totally ruined sleep.

Can only assume that as is Airport they are not concerned about repeat business or filling room s as they fill anyway due to location.

Obviously have advised their head office

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IbisManagerLuton, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Luton Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. The Guest Relations Team will communicate to in reply to this issue.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Yours Sincerely