“Luton Ibis”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Luton Ibis”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Only paid £29.00 for night for 2 of us, plus £5.00 car park. Walked to Airport in 10 mins. Saw wife off walked back and had a breckfast. Hot at this time of year, OK but like all hotel food, acceptable but not High Class. Would stay again, Very good value for moner excelent loction

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mlcousek_Daniel, Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Planecrazy07, Thanks for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Luton Airport Hotel and that you found it such a big value for money. I look forward to welcoming you soon again. Kindest regards. Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Second stay at the Luton Ibis while transit from Luton Airport. Booked direct with good price and reception food and drink service very good with morning call and room tea and coffee facilities all with a 10 min walk up to the airport terminal in the morning. Rooms clean with good bathroom and included shower gell, only down side is that room quite tight with not much room between twin single beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mlcousek_Daniel, Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Traveler AdvanceDesigns,I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Luton Airport and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Best Regards Daniel
South Yorkshire
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We needed a hotel due to an early flight which was close to the airport. It is within a 10 minute walk which we did easily with suitcases.
The hotel bar serves decent meals which came in handy after we'd driven straight from work. The room was clean, my only complaint being the walls are thin! We could hear much of the raised conversation next door!
All in all though it was a good hotel to stay the night before a flight. The free wi-fi was a bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeckyLane
Dear BeckyLane, We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests and will endeavour to use such feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours that highlights areas where we could be doing better is particularly useful and we are grateful for you time in sharing your experience with us. Best Wishes. Daniel
Ireland
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed after getting early evening flight in Luton ......and its was good...

.......a short 6 minutes walk to the hotel from the airport

.......friendly staff on reception

.......clean (if not small) but functional room

.......fast free wifi.

......Well priced.

for the money, its decent. I recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abinitzio
Dear Traveler Abinitzio, I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. Best Regards Daniel
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My son and I needed an overnight stay close to Luton Airport and I chose the Ibis based on fairly good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Ibis are probably one of the cheapest hotel chains and I feel they are usually value for money. The Luton Airport hotel is about five minites walk from the arrivals hall. it is ok if you don't have much luggage or small children, otherwise take a taxi for about £5. Hotels are well sign posted and the Ibis is beside the Holiday Inn and the Radission Encore.

Check in was quick and efficient and we were given our rooms even though we arrived at 08.30am in the morning. The room was a twin and typical of the more modern Ibis hotels, space is definitely limited but everything is clean and modern. We had a tea/coffe tray and a hairdryer. There is a soap dispenser in the bathroom but no small bottles of toiletries. The bathroom was a standard size, bigger than I have seen in other Ibis hotels.

We had lunch in the restaurnat/bar which is in the reception area. The menu was very limited and the service was very slow. it took us 90 minutes to eat two lasagnes and a couple of ice creams. The servers were friendly and seemed to be doing their best but I got the impression they had other duties to attend to in the kitchen area as well as serving customers. There were only about two other tables occupied so they were not busy. The food was good and reasonably priced but the length of time it took to bring the main courses and then a couple of ice creams was too long.

In the evening we took a taxi to Premier Inn (5 minutes by taxi) and ate in their Beefeater Restaurant which is always packed and has an excellent menu and faster service, highly recommended!

Back to the Ibis and we slept well on comfortable new beds. No noise from the airport at all. The room was bit too warm and turning down te AC in room 264 did not seem to make any difference at all?
Breakfast was in the restaurant/bar area and is all self service. Good selection of hot and cold food, all the usual items are there, good value again for the price paid.

We wanted to go to the airport and it was raining but the airport shuttle does not stop at the Ibis, you have to walk to the Holiday Inn next door to board. As it was raining we decided to order a taxi. Ibis need to sort that out and get the shuttle to pick up their guests too.

Overall a good value option for an overnight stay near Luton Airport. Rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean but on the small side The only let down was the length of time it took to eat lunch in a quiet restaurant and I don't think that was down to the waiting staff. I would return but hope they can speed up the service and get the shuttle to stop at their front door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mlcousek_Daniel, Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear HarryG_Belfast,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay here at Ibis Hotel Luton, I am really sorry that you had to wait for such a long time for your lunch, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Luton. Kind regards
Daniel
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room (on Booking.com for only £35) as I was flying in late and flying out early. It is a five minute walk from Luton airport (its a very quiet road, and you have to walk through an underpass, so at night you might want to get a cab, which will cost around £5).
The staff on reception were friendly and efficient, and even although there was a rather large queue, and people arriving all the time, I was checked in quickly. The restaurant serves food until 10:15pm with a large reasonable menu, but as I'd brought my own food from Marks & Spencer in the airport, I didn't bother.
The room, in fact the entire hotel, is very shabby but clean. The room was very small, twin beds extremely narrow, but they were pushed together and comfy so I slept well. The bath was tiny, but the water was hot and the pressure was great in the shower. There are no toiletries bar a tiny slither of soap but I had my own. The room was completely soundproof so I wasn't disturbed by the nearby airport. The tv was very small with basic channels but as the room was so small I was close enough not to mind!
I didn't go for the buffet style breakfast for £8.95 which starts early at 4:30am but my husband did the week before and he said it was fine, nothing great.
I would only ever stay here between flights as its warm, clean, nearby and very cheap.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Laura M
Mlcousek_Daniel, Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Laura M,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Luton Airport. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Luton Airport. Best Wishes Daniel