“Would definitely recommend”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Luton
Melbourne
“Would definitely recommend”
Reviewed March 15, 2008

A 10 min walk from the airport, but not a pleasant walk with a suitcase (quite steep hill, alongside a very busy road). There is a carpark shuttle if you can find it at the airport busloop though (drops off/picks up outside the nearby Holiday Inn).

Nevertheless, clean modern decent-value room provided a good place to spend a night before a flight.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Neverkissacactus
KashifRABBANI, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your stay up to your expectations.
Once again thank you for the time spent in posting your comments and most of all for the chance you are giving us to be better in the future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Black Isle, Scotland
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Stayed at the Ibis Luton one night. Booking was fine, check-in efficient. Room small but adequate. Felt the immense flat-screen TV was a bit mismatched to the quality and maintenence of the room, which was slightly dirty with several lightblubs not working. Noted some other reviewers' comments on awkwardness of the bath/shower situation but never got to experience it first-hand because we couldn't get any hot water! And, yes, there's still that tiny bar of soap with no shampoo. We find this lack of customer consideration to be far too typical of UK hotels. I'd personally rather have a clean carpet than tea-making facilities, but for £60 a night, why can't I have both? (Breakfast hint: for a pretty decent cup of coffee, press the "latte machiato" key and then the "espresso" key.)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Slight grimy feeling
Stayed March 2008
Dear Guest

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback.

GENERAL MANAGER

Travelers are raving about these Luton hotels

Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Ibis London Luton Airport is exactly what you normally get from Ibis - nothing more and nothing less. It is basic, but it is good if you just want to stay somewhere close to Luton Airport to catch an early flight, or you just want to get straight to bed after a late night flight.

You can't really walk from Luton Airport to Ibis especially if you have a suitcase, so you need to catch a taxi or politely ask to be dropped off by one of the local buses. My preference would be to catch a taxi as if you ask to be dropped off by one of the buses, you would generally be dropped off near the roundabout and you still have a bit of a walk and it is quite hilly there. The taxi cost me about £4 or so.

The room is very clean and while there is rather 'no frills', the room is quite cheap and the reception staff are friendly. The 24-hour menu is always handy especially if you have a flight at a poor time of the day/night. I did not have anything to eat at the hotel during my stay, so I cannot comment on the quality of food but from what I saw others eat, it looked fine.

For the price I think the Ibis Luton Airport is not bad and quite adequate, although I would not like to do a long-stay there given the rather small size of room.

• Stayed January 2008

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2007

This really was a good hotel to stay in. About 10 minutes walk from the terminal at an easy pace, it was reasonably priced and the room large and well appointed in the usual Ibis style. You know what you will get with an Ibis and I find that it never disappoints; it was a good start before my flight, The staff were helpful and the bar area pleasant and airy. I will always stay here in future when flying from Luton and will not hesitate to reccommend it to others.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank NB1957

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I booked the Ibis for an overnight stay before an early morning flight.
I got there using the Easybus, and then I walked to the hotel. The walk was around 10 minutes, and in the way I saw wild rabbits for the first time! So I was very excited about that.
The check in was fast, they found my reservation quickly. The room is very small, that is true, so if you are travelling with large or many luggage, maybe this is not your best option.
The place was very clean, it had tv, but the bathroom only had soap, so be aware because you need to take shampoo.
It has a restaurant in the first floor. We didn't use it, but it was many people there and it looked nice.
The next day we walked to the terminal around 4 am. It was dark, but many people was walking at the same time, so it didn't feel unsafe. And, yes, I saw the rabbits again!

• Liked — Location, cleaniness, value
  • Disliked — The room is small
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank daruz

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2007

This hotel advertises itself as being "at he airport." Well, it is NEXT the airport and they have NO courtesy van. It is actually about a 15 minute walk or you can tak a taxi. Of course, you have to pay the base price for about 1/2 a mile ride. Since, as we all know, it often rains in England, be prepared to make the trek (did I mention uphill?) in the pouring rain. If you book this hotel (as we did) because you are flying out early or have a short layover and want to be close to the airport, you won't get that here. You may as well stay in the town which is a very short cab drive. Also, for the price ($150 us) you get very little. The room is a closet , the bed uncomfortable, and the location INCREDIBLY noisy as it is RIGHT NEXT to a runway. Be advised that the only other hotel "at the airport" is the Holiday Inn Express and it is right next to this property. I do not know if they have shuttle or not but I would check. Next time (as I take this route a few times a year and it requires a layover) I will stay in Luton.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Walking there due to no shutte and being located right next to a runway.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tess G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel, we really appreciate it.
To reach a great guest experience is a must for us and at every ibis around the world, and we work very hard for it, we believe that having the chance to know what you have experienced is the best tool we can have to improve, and like this reach our promises.
We are really disappointed for the experience you had and the points you have mentioned will be adhered immediately to ensure it has been rectified but please accept my sincerest apologies again for the inconvenience it caused during your stay and most of all thanks for the chance you are giving us to be better in the future.

UK
Reviewed May 25, 2007

Had an awful experience in this hotel and would never ever set foot in an Ibis Hotel again.

Had £120 stolen out of my purse while staying here, I suspect my drink was spiked in hotel bar and because there was nobody else about suspect Ibis employee (allegedly) although I accept difficult to prove. However, I would be interested if anyone else has had a similar experience at this hotel. Please email cheeks100 at ntlworld

As well as the awful experience the place was absolutley grim. Never again!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank Cheeks1000
Dear Guest,

We are really disappointed for the experience you had and the points you have mentioned will be adhered immediately to ensure it has been rectified. Moreover, I can guarantee you that your money would never be stolen by ibis staff as we ensure the safety of guests and their belongings but please accept my sincerest apologies again for the inconvenience it caused during your stay and most of all thanks for the chance you are giving us to be better in the future.