“Luton Airport Ibis hotel”

Ibis London Luton Airport
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Luton
Reviewed May 18, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
NicolasPLESSIS, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Write a ReviewReviews (2,072)

A TripAdvisor Member
Oradea
Reviewed May 17, 2011

The hotel was clean and had a comfortable bed. The bathroom was very clean and endowed with everything that it was necessary. The stay in this hotel was short but pleasant. It had a great advantage that it was close to Luton airport. We walked for about 10 minutes and we were at the airport. I will probably stay again in this hotel if I should travel again from or to this airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2011

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
NicolasPLESSIS, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Reviewed May 10, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
NicolasPLESSIS, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Understandably this hotel is ideal for it's close location to the airport, however the receptionist who worked in the morning of our departure should be sent on a communication course as he lacks basic etiquette. The bathrooms are nice, small but modern but the TV service is awful and wifi is not free.

• Stayed: March 2011
NicolasPLESSIS, General Manager at Ibis London Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Luton Airport very soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

This was not the first time we've stayed at the Ibis London Luton on our way out and we've always found the cleanliness and service consistent.
The hotel is walking distance (or shuttle bus nearby) to the airport. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is very nice. My favourite is the chickpea and spinach curry.
The rooms are basic but very comfortable. All you need for a night over before your flight.

Room Tip: Try the chickpea and spinach curry. Yum!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome constructive feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the ibis Luton Airport. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

On this trip via Luton Airport I thought I'd give the Ibis a try as it is walking distance from the airport terminal instead of a £10 taxi ride to the Premier Inn where we usually stay.
I can honestly say that this is a decision that I now very much regret, as I'm now suffering from very bad back-ache as a result of sleeping on the Ibis idea of a bed,and have a 12 hour international flight ahead of me after having almost no sleep.

The bed at this Ibis is a wafer thin mattress on top of an MDF base. Not a comfort mattress with springs, but a thin,solid affair like you'd get if banged up in a police cell overnight. You'll see what I mean in my photos.
For me, surely the main reason for booking a hotel room is bed comfort and quality of sleep - In which case the Ibis Luton is an epic fail!

The bathroom in the room was a pre-fabricated plastic cabin sitting in the corner of the room. This consists of a walk-in shower - water pressure ok, a washbasin, and a toilet - with a very feeble flush and a re-fill/re-flush time of around 20 minutes which was somewhat inconvenient. Two towels were provided, both hand-towel size and as rough as sandpaper.

The room was uncomfortably hot all night. Although the room appears to have an aircon unit fitted, it did nothing else except sit in the corner and rattle loudly all night and had no effect on the temperature, so I ended up opening the window. This meant I was treated to the sound of staff tipping a skip of glass bottles after midnight and again at 7am.

All in all a very bad hotel experience and I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a good rest before or after a flight.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldBreeze

Dear Guest
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the ibis Luton Airport. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me by email would you like to discuss it further.