“Not bad for the money”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 327 Restaurants in Luton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: All the staff welcome you to The White Horse Tea Green!! A friendly country dining experience nestled on the Hertfordshire border. We offer traditional and modern home cooked food served in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our aim is to give you a relaxing, pleasurable dining experience and one which will make you want to return time and time again. We look forward to seeing you soon. Serving food ALL DAY from midday until 9.30pm (9pm on Sunday).In addition to this we hold many special occasions and events in our luxury marquee from weddings, anniversaries, christenings, birthday celebrations and funerals receptions. Each occasion is designed exclusively for you. The marquee seats 120 people, is fully lined and has stunning wooden flooring and is heated. It also has its own sound system that you can connect your iPod or MP3 player and for additional seating the marquee connects to the restaurant and can be hired exclusively depending on your exact requirement.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We took some friends here last Sunday. There were 6 of us, including 2 teenage girls. We were quite surprised by the place. It is a typical pub with quite an old fashioned menu but the service was efficient and the food was good value for money. The potatoes served with the Sunday roast were extremely tough to cut through but aside from that we have no complaints and will certainly visit there again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a very pleasant first visit to the White Horse,not only was I impressed with the food we were served,there was such an extensive menu that no matter what your taste was you would find something on the menu you would enjoy,I had a good feeling as soon as I went in and that was mainly due to the politeness and friendliness of the staff,we had family staying with us and I am so pleased we picked here,our meals were all different and all first class,this was my first visit and certainly wont be my last. The manager of the White Horse should be very proud of his staff as they stand out from anywhere I have been due to their politeness,I thanked one of the young girls before I left and she was just so pleasant and delighted that I had told her how happy I was.

1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Atmosphere of a good old English Pub, beautiful setting, play area for the kiddies. Food good and well presented, bar staff friendly and welcoming

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great food at fantastic prices. Extensive menu supplemented by some specials.Staff very helpful and attentive,

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently had our wedding reception here and we were over the moon at the service we recieved. Jon and his team were superb from the minute we booked the venue, right up to the wedding day itself. He was very accommodating and the communication was second to none. He met our every need and exceeded our expectations. We lucked out on the day with the weather so we fully utilised the beer garden and children's play area. We were able to have lots of photos taken with the hertfordshire countryside as our backdrop. We chose the hog roast as our meal and this was lovely, hot and tasty! The evening buffet was gorgeous although perhaps too much? alot was wasted because we had to cater for the majority of the wedding guests (a condition stipulated in the terms and conditions) However, Jon did come to a reasonable comprimise with us.
All in all , we had a wonderful day there and all our guests commented on what a lovely, friendly, intimate setting it was.
I would highly recommend this venue to others, the marquee is perfect for around 70 seated guests, the food is homemade and wholesome and Jon and his team are helpful, approachable and professional.
I'm still on cloud nine!!!

2  Thank fiona s