“When you find yourself in Luton....”
Review of Icon Hotel Luton

Icon Hotel Luton
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Luton
Cromford, United Kingdom
“When you find yourself in Luton....”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have just stayed in the Icon Hotel in Luton for 3 nights where the staff were friendly and courteous throughout my stay. In contrast to the other recent reviews I found my room extremely comfortable and all the facilities worked.

Although the hotel is situated in the centre of town on the main road I was not aware of the traffic which was a pleasant surprise as I live in semi rural Derbyshire. Although the car parking was limited there is a secure multi-storey less than two minutes away which I used.

The hotel provided an excellent breakfast buffet each morning which set me up for the day.

If you are looking for accommodation in Luton you should consider the Icon Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Needed a bed for the night due to a business trip. Was the chosen hotel of my company, nothing to complain.Breakfast was "english" style. If you are used to those types of breakfast you will love it. Would come back.

Room Tip: There is a Thai restaurant across the street named Jidlada or similar. Very good restaurant and chea...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Perfect hotel. Every detail was excellent in that hotel. The location is really good. Fantastic and helpful service. If I must choose any hotel for a living, I will no think any second just choose Icon Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lukasz7
UK
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

While this is a very new hotel, there is much room for improvement.

Arrived to find my room stank of cigarette smoke so I was allocated another room. Room was very noisy and overlooks a busy main road and roundabout. Shower was broken but it was too late for me to notify staff. The TV didn't work properly but I ended up fixing this myself. Staff were polite and attentive throughout but hotel has a very low budget feel which surprised me for £140 a night. The restaurant was good and the food was of a really high standard. I would go to the Icon for a meal but wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank soundscape
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Firstly, the car park is tiny, however, the staff did keep us a space which was nice.
We were staying in a standard room, I was so angry to discover not just one thing broken but 3. 1. television didn't work,
2. the shower didn't work and,
3. the toilet seat was broken!
We asked to be put into another room, I have to say the staff were very apologetic and very obliging they blamed the cleaners, but this shouldn't happen, maybe because it is an airport hotel and people generally stay for 1 night, they assume people won't complain! We were upgraded to a deluxe room, which was fine but, the air- con fan kept me awake half the night, I did turn off the fan by taking out card but then the blue light started flashing; This is why we are giving 2/5, we didn't complain about this as we were sick of complaining.
Food in my opinion was just O.K. Please add a little more to the pasta dishes, maybe some fresh thyme, onion so that it is not so bland.

Room Tip: Check out your shower, toilet seat and television!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mastmarion
Bernadett_Teglas, Reservation agent at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mastmarion

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am sorry to read that your recent stay did not meet the usually high standards that we pride ourselves on providing.

We offer no excuses for letting you down and are genuinely saddened to read about your experience. Please accept our most sincere apologies.
We tailor-make our guest stays and I am pleased to hear our staff reserved a parking space for you. Although admittedly we don’t have a large car park, we do have various parking options such as valet parking and we also accompany our guests on request to and from the multi-storey adjacent to us. I am also pleased to announce that we will be extending our parking services in due course.

Your feedback has been shared with the management team to ensure greater attention to detail is given to all the points you have mentioned and I am glad the problem was quickly rectified by the team with a complimentary upgrade to our superior Deluxe bedrooms and again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this clearly caused you.

We are introducing a new menu and dishes in the coming days and the Food and Beverage Manager has already taken your feedback into account.

I appreciate your comments about not wishing to return but could I please ask you to make direct contact with our Operations Manager, Michael Bugler, at your convenience as he would very much appreciate discussing your stay with you personally as he wishes to restore your faith in our hotel and services.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I ate in the capellos restaurant which was really nice! Our waitress was nice, still learning but doing well:)!! And the food was amazing! I love the music in the restaurant it's so relaxing and calm to listen too!! It's nice too see all the staff close and all working together! Will be returning

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MurrayG25.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It gives me great pleasure to see our service met with your requirements. Have you experienced our hotel on a Friday evening or Sunday Lunch when we entertain our guests with live music ? I think you’d appreciate this.
I very much look forward to welcoming you again!
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a club night at the Icon hotel, in the restaurant.
What can I say!.. it's our second year there and it won't be our last!..
Fantastic food, great service, and great value.
The hotel assisted us with some raffle prizes and DJ. They even did a deal on rooms for our guests that had to travel further.
Everyone commented it was the best party yet.
Thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Michael_Bugler, Reservations agent at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Vidiotdave!

It was our pleasure to be a host venue of your party. I am very pleased to hear everything was to your satisfaction, and all your guests were happy with our services.

I am looking forward to welcome you and your group in the Icon Hotel again!