Icon Hotel Luton
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$58
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfish tankeggs cooked to orderlimited parkingafternoon tealovely hotellounge areasandwichestown centremain roadcar parkstayed one nightmember of staffan overnight stayrobvespalintonvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here with a friend whilst on business in December. What struck me was the whole hotel was freezing in corridors but rooms were fine and warm - BUT we had to get the lovely guy on reception to play with the dials! It's one of these ultra modern hotels when everything is digital and by numbers and you can't ACTUALLY get anything to work properly without help. Having said that the staff were exceptionally superb and the restaurant service and reception staff were absolutely outstanding. Room and bathroom - lovely - I would use this hotel again if in the area. Parking - is on-site but very cramped and has a bar across the gate - which makes access difficult unless you have another person with you to go into the hotel & ask them to raise it as no form of contact was possible!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked a 25-day holiday for Xmas and New Year at the Icon Hotel in Luton where my eldest son is based.

When I arrived I was overcome by the standard and luxury of this hotel, expecting a bit lower grade type. My room was spacious, clean and overall very comfortable. Lovely comfy mattress!!

All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. I especially want to thank Aneta and Marzena on Front Desk who were wonderful to me and assisted me so warmly on a personal problem. Special thanks also to Desiree who was a real gem and extremely helpful.

I had several meals and drinks at the hotel and every time found everything to be very good. Rob, the F&B Manager is here there and everywhere and always smiling and efficient.

I found the Housekeeping department to be professional and pretty quick in cleaning my room. Thank you to all the ladies concerned! Special thanks to Ludmilla, head of this department for extending her warm smile and assistance at all times.

Overall, I could not fault the hotel in any way and having been in the employ of a 5* hotel for 20 years myself, found this hotel to be perfect in every aspect!!

Last, but not least, I wish to say how wonderful the Owner of this hotel is, Mr. Franco Anacreonte. I watched him on many occasions assisting his staff and being present many hours blending in as one of the staff himself.

I have to say the staff at this hotel work as a team which is the greatest factor in delivering the best guest satisfaction.

I will definitly be visiting the Icon hotel again when next in Luton.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms where spacious and there is no noise in this vicinity
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2014

First time stay. Staff could not have done anymore to ensure my stay was as comfortable. They were extremely professional and courteous and very keen to help. Lots of extras, free bike hire, free golf club hire to name a few, Lovely clean rooms, comfortable bed and good location. Offered a coffee on check out to take away...really nice touch!! Definitely be back!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just had a really good Sunday lunch at Capello's at the Icon. The food was good and the service was brilliant. Rob and his team made us feel welcome from the outset and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Service was quick and efficient and we enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, plenty of space between the tables, so we didn't feel at all cramped or crowded. The atmosphere was further enhanced by an excellent classical pianist' who played beautifully and at the perfect volume - loud enough to be enjoyed but not so loud as to be overpowering.

Importantly, it was a real value for money meal too - good home style cooking at a very reasonable price.

I would say Capello's is a hidden gem and my family and I will be back.

Thanks for a lovely afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here while in Luton on business and found this to be a very nice hotel with everything needed for a short stay. I arrived late in the evening and found the reception staff to be very helpful and friendly. I had the option to pay my bill on arrival so I wouldn't have to wait about in the morning to do so which I also found very useful. The room was small but functional. It had a boutique feel to it with artwork on the walls. The bathroom had a nice shower with good water pressure. The bed was comfortable and although close to a main road I didn't hear any traffic noise during my stay. There was a decent selection at breakfast and a choice of freshly cooked eggs to accompany the cooked breakfast option - the rest of it was on the standard hotplates.

If you're staying in Luton on business at Capability Green, the taxi ride is approx 10 mins from this hotel.

I will be staying here again when in Luton.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business